Author Topic: How not to get an 'upgrade' on a new job ...  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
How not to get an 'upgrade' on a new job ...
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/10181387370

FirstLight (11,543 posts)

I have a Zoom job interview @ 1:30 Vibes needed!

There's a new dispensary coming to town, and they are kinda bog with other places in the Bay area and I think even So Cal.

I originally applied thru Indeed as a budtender, but after looking at their social media or website they need a lot more help with local branding, even just COPY on the website would be good.

So I sent a separate email to the mgr and let her know I also have background with front desk, membership management, and copywriting...snet her my Linked In

Either way it's a job and could be helpful. But I am hoping for an upgrade of sorts if possible. I cant stanf for long periods of time and that could be an issue...

*fingerscrossed*

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: How not to get an 'upgrade' on a new job ...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
Is anyone surprised that of all the jobs to apply for, the DUmmy applies for a job at a pot dispensary
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »
I originally applied thru Indeed as a budtender,

OFFS!  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:29:28 AM »
I cant stanf for long periods of time and that could be an issue...
I assume the DUmmie means it cannot "stand" for long periods of time. If that is the case, it is already trying to lay the groundwork to get on the SSDI gravy train.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:02:56 AM »
Considering that this prospective employer is a marijuana "dispensary", FirstLight's communication skills might be among the best of the applicants for the job.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »
I assume the DUmmie means it cannot "stand" for long periods of time. If that is the case, it is already trying to lay the groundwork to get on the SSDI gravy train.

I was led to believe that the wonderful, magical, mystical cure all medical MJ would fix all?  :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 10:51:38 AM »
OFFS!  :banghead:

Believe it or not, budtender is an actual job in a pot dispensary. According to Merriam-Webster, a budtender is a portmanteau that combines the word bartender and bud. Like a bartender, budtenders serve customers within a licensed establishment while the word bud is referring to the dried flower tops of Cannabis used for consumption. It dates back to at least 1997, shortly after cannabis was legalized in California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budtender
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 11:08:48 AM »
Believe it or not, budtender is an actual job in a pot dispensary. According to Merriam-Webster, a budtender is a portmanteau that combines the word bartender and bud. Like a bartender, budtenders serve customers within a licensed establishment while the word bud is referring to the dried flower tops of Cannabis used for consumption. It dates back to at least 1997, shortly after cannabis was legalized in California.

Well then, I stand corrected ... on that one word I highlighted.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 05:02:39 PM »
If the dispensary manager is high enough, that might actually make sense and he could get the job.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 05:21:45 PM »

Rather than "Bongista"? :rimshot:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:06:16 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:24 AM »

Well then, I stand corrected ... on that one word I highlighted.

KC

Yeah, those "abbreviations" are painful to read. I blame texting for the downfall of proper english usage in communications today.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 05:38:46 AM »
Yeah, those "abbreviations" are painful to read. I blame texting for the downfall of proper english usage in communications today.

I agree.  I get texts from people sometimes that have so many abbreviations it takes me longer to read it than if they'd spent the time typing out the word.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »

I agree.  I get texts from people sometimes that have so many abbreviations it takes me longer to read it than if they'd spent the time typing out the word.

KC

I understand why the abbreviations were used back in the early days of texting when they charged you per letter/number in your message but today that's no longer an issue. It's just laziness on the part of people today not willing to use proper english in their text messages.