Author Topic: Mystery Dem Death Watch  (Read 1732 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Mystery Dem Death Watch
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
Reliable GOP Source: Hey, you can’t print this, but we just had a poll come back saying that [House Democrat who everybody figured was pretty safe] is down 20.

Me: Well, that’s swell. But why can’t I use this?

Reliable GOP Source: We don’t think the Democrats know this guy is this much trouble, so we don’t want to tip them off.

Me: Well, thank you for sharing really cool information that I cannot share with readers.

Reliable GOP Source: I thought it might be helpful with you determining which challengers to watch. While it would be great to have you break this news, I think it’s more useful to us to keep the Democrats in the dark.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/249916/two-shocker-polls-only-one-revealed
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOP Congress

Re: Mystery Dem Death Watch
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
It's been updated:

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/249916/two-shocker-polls-only-one-revealed

UPDATE: The poll is revealed, so my source says to put it out there. Scott DesJarlais has a five-point lead over Lincoln Davis (D., Tenn.), but 21 points among the highest-interest voters.

The Bottom Line

Congressman Lincoln Davis’ negative attacks appear to be backfiring.  Over the last two weeks, Davis’ image has taken a hit and his ballot support continues to dwindle, falling to 40% now.  More importantly, Scott DesJarlais now leads on the ballot and has the clear momentum with just 18 days to go.  

Key Findings

Scott DesJarlais has taken the lead over Congressman Lincoln Davis.  After pulling even two weeks ago, DesJarlais has surged ahead to take a five-point lead (now:  45% DesJarlais – 40% Davis / Sept 27-28:  42% – 42%).  For the third consecutive survey, Davis’ ballot support has dropped (from 45% in August to 42% in September to 40% now).  

1.    At the same time, voters are starting to solidify around DesJarlais.  His definite vote support has steadily increased from 26% in August to 29% in September to 37% now.  (Davis’ definite support is stuck at 27%).  

2.    Moreover, DesJarlais has a commanding 21-point lead over Davis (55% – 34%) among voters who rate their interest level as “high” (8-10 on a one-to-ten scale).

Davis is a four-term incumbent who won 59 percent in 2008 and 66 percent in 2006.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 01:57:54 AM »
I don't care what initial you have after your name, if you are an incumbent you better not be sitting on your laurels.    America is just about done with you.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »
I don't care what initial you have after your name, if you are an incumbent you better not be sitting on your laurels.    America is just about done with you.   

Bingo. In my case, Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO, 9th district) has done well, but that doesn't mean his ass doesn't get tossed if he starts getting stupid on us.

Senator Claire McCaskill's ass is DEFINITELY toast in 2012. She continues to drink the Kool-Aid.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.