Author Topic: DSCC Moving Money Out of Missouri  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
DSCC Moving Money Out of Missouri
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
DSCC Moving Money Out of Missouri

Four Republican sources who monitor media buying and three Missouri TV stations have confirmed to Hotline On Call that the DSCC has canceled reservations from Oct. 11 to Oct. 25. The DSCC still has reservations in Missouri for the last week before Election Day.

"Yes, the weeks of Oct. 12 and Oct. 19 have been canceled for the DSCC in our station," Sean Kellerman of WDAF, the Kansas City, MO, FOX affiliate, said.

The ad buys also show that the DSCC is having to rethink where to invest. Recently, the DSCC has had to air ads to play defense in Connecticut and West Virginia, two open seats that were considered sure things for Democrats at the beginning of the cycle.

The DSCC has invested heavily in the Missouri race so far, shelling out $1.8M on three ads.
National Journal

Follow the money...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: DSCC Moving Money Out of Missouri
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
Follow it where?  Last I heard, donations to the Dems are drying up.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »
They're sucking wind here.  Carnahan and Blunt are both standard-bearers for rival political dynasties (Something I would prefer to see disappear from both parties, personally), but Robin Carnahan seems to have failed to ignite any enthusiasm and has even been called on some of her campaign's bullshit by the two big Dem city papers on opposite sides of the state.  Barring revelations about baby-eating, Blunt looks to be in a pretty postive position for the Senate seat (Held by a retiring Repubican, incumbent in the other is noted Obamabot Claire McCaskill).  The House races outside my own district (GOP and likely to remain so) I am not really up on.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »
If the Dem-firing momentum keeps up, there might be a chance to dump McCaskill in 2012. While she has distanced herself from Lord Zero of late, she can't escape worshipful, fellating images like this one:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:21:27 PM »
The race was a done deal long before they pulled their money out.  I live in the third largest city in MO.  I have seen very few Carnahan signs out, perhaps only a couple dozen.  This, in comparison to seeing hundreds of Roy signs. 

Keep in mind that I live in Roy's House district, so the amount of Roy signs isn't a huge surprise.  What is surprising is the sheer lack of Carnahan signs.  I mean, you really have to look for one.   

On that note, I wish they would keep dumping money into this race.  Keep plugging that voter enthusiasm gap with your dollars, you DUmbasses!   :lmao: :popcorn: