Author Topic: the oblate spheroid does it again; blames conures  (Read 350 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the oblate spheroid does it again; blames conures
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1141259

Oh my.

nadinbrzezinski (116,444 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:11 PM

I did it again...hurt my knee

I stepped wrong out of my Jeep and I tweaked a knee. Nothing serious, I hope. I think just twisted it.

It s a long standing issue for a few decades. (Like since five)

Yup, resting, icing, height, compression...know the drill, I just hate the fact that I will have to remain off it for a while. (Two to ten days defending how badly I tweaked it). I just hope I can avoid the doctor.

(And I needed to vacuum, drats)

<<<happy to see doesn't fail all the time.

pkdu (1,202 posts)   Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:14 PM

1. C'mon now!...

No one NEEDS to vacuum.

nadinbrzezinski (116,444 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:17 PM

2. Oh trust me I do. Messy conures.

She crashed, (the conure) against the table, so keeping an eye on her too. Checked her, she seems ok.

2naSalit (1,321 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:25 PM

3. Have you tried comfrey ointment? It helps with sub-cu injuries and promotes ligament and tendon tissue healing while minimizing the pain... a co-op or the like might have some. I make it myself and use it when needed for rotator cuff problems. You just can't use it every day long term. You can use it for a few days then take a break from it for a few and alternate. Try it, it could rescue you from the doctor and help you get back on your feet quicker than you thought. If you can't find any, PM me and I'll give you a couple recipes.

At any rate, I hope it goes away fast.

nadinbrzezinski (116,444 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:28 PM

5. It should, the pain is not that bad

It will be bad tomorrow, ok just a little worst.

Usually icy hot helps a lot when I do this...thanks for the reminder. I strained it...but it has not swollen (it rarely does any longer)

LiberalEsto (15,701 posts)   Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:34 PM

7. Ouchy

I hope your knee gets better fast!

One thing that helped my knee problem last fall was arnica gel. It also helped when I fell and landed on the fingers of my left hand in December. Very good for bumps, bruises and swelling, but should not be used on cuts or scrapes.

Our supermarket (Giant in Maryland) started selling Boiron's Arnicare recently, but if it's not available in your local supermarkets, try Vitamin Shoppe or GNC.

nadinbrzezinski (116,444 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:07 PM

9. Henry's should.

And yesterday I was shocked at the common remedies (from Mexico, which Arnica s) at Target.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Re: the oblate spheroid does it again; blames conures
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
nadinbrzezinski (116,444 posts)    Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:11 PM

I did it again...hurt my knee

I stepped wrong out of my Jeep and I tweaked a knee. Nothing serious, I hope. I think just twisted it.

It s a long standing issue for a few decades. (Like since five)

Yup, resting, icing, height, compression...know the drill, I just hate the fact that I will have to remain off it for a while. (Two to ten days defending how badly I tweaked it). I just hope I can avoid the doctor.

(And I needed to vacuum, drats)

I've put on  my reporter's hat because I smell a story here.

I stepped wrong out of my Jeep and I tweaked a knee. - She forgot the step-ladder that she uses for egress and ingress to the Jeep.

It s a long standing issue for a few decades. (Like since five) - She's been hurting her knee for 50 years now. Or however many years is in 5 nad decades.

Yup, resting, icing, height, compression - All she needs to fix her knee is to rest it, ice it, compress it, and get taller.

Two to ten days defending how badly I tweaked it - For the next two to ten days people are going to claim she's not hurt very badly, and she will have to defend herself.

Breaking news:

Short little shit fell out of a Jeep. Needs to get taller. In the last 50 years getting taller is the only feat that she hasn't accomplished. Bullies claim she's a faker.

Stay tuned to the Fictional Spirit-Guide News Network for updates.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
This is BS.

Weebles don't have knees.

They wobble but they don't fall down.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:35 PM »
Usually icy hot helps a lot when I do this...thanks for the reminder. I strained it...but it has not swollen (it rarely does any longer)
How could she tell - photos have been posted, and the whole caricature appears swollen.
This too shall pass.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:09:20 PM »
This is BS.

Weebles don't have knees.

They wobble but they don't fall down.

Errr don't the retired military have health benefits for their spouses ???

So why is nads not taking advantage of the benefit and sitting at home with her leg up watching her birds crash into tables and outher wise injure them selves.

Must be an interesting home life for Nads, if she lost some weight she may be able to  put all that pressure off her knees.  

Fancy sitting at home with birds flying about and pooping everywhere, you being stuck in a chair as the birds fly about and for some reason smack into everything.