Author Topic: skidmark panties spews a bouncy  (Read 619 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
skidmark panties spews a bouncy
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »
Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 12:58 PM
Original message
My hairdresser this morning told me that she was "resigned to a government takeover of healthcare."

This is a person who votes the way the preacher tells her too. She had cancer at the same time I did and was lucky that her husband was able to keep their insurance when his company forced early retirement. Now she has Medicare, which is fine with her, but she is upset because she heard it will go bankrupt in 2 years and that's just the breaks because now she's finally eligible for it. And she's bought all the garbage about how the taxpayer will be paying for illegal aliens under any reform.

I spent what little time I had to spare explaining that rationing occurs now and more people are cut to maintain the profitability of insurance companies that receive services. She knows that. I also pointed out that if something doesn't happen and Medicare would disappear, it is likely that neither she or I would ever have any coverage if something happens to our husbands because of the type of preexisting conditions we have. She said she stays away from doctors now because she doesn't want to get caught owing anyone anything. So, I pointed out, she has begun rationing her own care.

I told her that if nothing is done, there will be neither coverage nor affordable care in the future for either one of us.

She nods, but says she still doesn't like it that the government will be taking over health care.

Maybe we're making headway in a perverse sort of way.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6353806

Hey dummy it isnt garbage that illegal aliens will get covered under this. Even if it isn't in the bill the SC will force us to cover them too.

Demit  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 01:19 PM
Response to Original message
4. Next time maybe you can work on the government 'takeover' myth.

It's exasperating. People love their Medicare yet can't seem to get it through their heads that IT IS A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM. Next time ask her is she afraid that the government will take over Medicare, and see what she says.

Oh yeah the govt has done such a bang up job with medicare that is going bankrupt. So we are supposed to believe that the govt that can't even run a program for a select group of Americans can successfully cover us all?

rurallib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!      Thu Aug-20-09 01:20 PM
5. the stupid is hard to overcome.

One problem is that most of the people who automatically follow the FUX etc. line is they have NO background or history of the health care issue. So they take the voice on the radio or TV to be accurate. Because for some reason most people believe that if it is on TV or radio IT IS TRUE!

So we would be smart if we took the voice on DU and automatically followed it? Because for some reason all DUers believe if its on DU it is the truth.

I love how the DUmmies think they know so much better than we do about what is good for us.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: skidmark panties spews a bouncy
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
I wonder if that beauty shop has a bouncer named Ty.

I apologize in advance if that reference is too opaque.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »
I wonder if that beauty shop has a bouncer named Ty.

I apologize in advance if that reference is too opaque.

*snort* I had forgotten about Wee Willies buddy Ty  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Demit  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 01:19 PM
4. Next time maybe you can work on the government 'takeover' myth.

It's exasperating. People love their Medicare yet can't seem to get it through their heads that IT IS A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM. Next time ask her is she afraid that the government will take over Medicare, and see what she says.

Many if not all insurance companies will cease to cover you once you qualify for medicare so I doubt many have a choice.
Correct me if I am wrong on this please and insurance companies will continue to extend normal benefit policies after a person qualifies.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:33:28 PM »
"Many if not all insurance companies will cease to cover you once you qualify for medicare so I doubt many have a choice.
Correct me if I am wrong on this please and insurance companies will continue to extend normal benefit policies after a person qualifies."

Forgive me for not being able to figure out how to post your reference in the nifty blue box as this is my first contribution to this site.

If you are actively employed and carry insurance, the insurance you have is primary to Medicare, regardless of age. 

If you are a retiree, with retiree benefits, Medicare will become primary, and your benefit plan would be secondary. 

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 12:58 PM
Original message
My hairdresser this morning told me that she was "resigned to a government takeover of healthcare."

This is a person who votes the way the preacher tells her too. She had cancer at the same time I did and was lucky that her husband was able to keep their insurance when his company forced early retirement. Now she has Medicare, which is fine with her, but she is upset because she heard it will go bankrupt in 2 years and that's just the breaks because now she's finally eligible for it. And she's bought all the garbage about how the taxpayer will be paying for illegal aliens under any reform.

I spent what little time I had to spare explaining that rationing occurs now and more people are cut to maintain the profitability of insurance companies that receive services. She knows that. I also pointed out that if something doesn't happen and Medicare would disappear, it is likely that neither she or I would ever have any coverage if something happens to our husbands because of the type of preexisting conditions we have. She said she stays away from doctors now because she doesn't want to get caught owing anyone anything. So, I pointed out, she has begun rationing her own care.

I told her that if nothing is done, there will be neither coverage nor affordable care in the future for either one of us.

She nods, but says she still doesn't like it that the government will be taking over health care.

Iv'e seen bullshit "talking notes" before, but this crap takes the cake.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »

Iv'e seen bullshit "talking notes" before, but this crap takes the cake.

With apology to Connie Francis and " lipstick on your collar"

"Skid marks on your skivies told a tale on you, skidmarks on your skivies told you had been  untrue, theres the toilet paper, up there on the shelf , grow up you dirty bum learn to wipe yourself."

Sorry EX comes to mind here.  Our favorite song.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
Meh - four bongs. Sad and uninspired.