Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive gets sticker derangement  (Read 1061 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive gets sticker derangement
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:13:07 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x68021

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive, who dibbles in the basement while his wife dabbles with the chemistry set upstairs:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-19-09 10:03 PM
Original message

Gawdammed liddle bastids!

Fruit and vegetable PLU stickers. What a pain in the ass. Good ones have weak sticky stuff. The awful ones are stuck like glue. Some have what seems to be temperature sensitive sticky stuff ..... they stick harder when cold and damp. Like on a red pepper. Or a tender pear. Remove them and the skin of the pear comes off. Or the paper separates from the glue and leaves a sticky mess on your pepper.

I hate 'em.

after which a photograph of a pear with a sticker on it

But then I read this. It seems they have a lot of info beyond a simple Price Look Up. Regular stuff has four digits. Organic stuff has five digits, with a leading 9. Genetically engineered stuff has a leading 8.

Here, read all about 'em at this link. I know I learned something.

http://missourifamilies.org/features/nutritionarticles/...

I still hate the liddle bastids, though.

Grandma:

hippywife  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 07:20 AM
Response to Original message

1. I learned how to read the code in the past year sometime. Oddly, I have yet to have seen an 8, which I find unsettling. There's a code for GMO, and some things must be, but I have yet to see it.

I find the little tags come off better in just about all cases if I remember to peel them off before I get the fruit/vegetable wet.

Yeah, but bastids none the less. Found one on the bottom of my foot the other day. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: sparkling husband primitive gets sticker derangement
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:16:24 AM »
Hmmm.

I just noticed the sparkling husband primitive hasn't donated to Skins's fund-raiser.

Grandma neither, but Grandma has an excuse, not being as affluent as the sparkling husband primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »
Hmmm.

I just noticed the sparkling husband primitive hasn't donated to Skins's fund-raiser.

Grandma neither, but Grandma has an excuse, not being as affluent as the sparkling husband primitive.

A month or so ago, I posted a Bostonian Drunkard thread, and noted that he didn't have a star either.  Although he has certainly fallen in "primitives of prominence", I still thought it was interesting.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
A month or so ago, I posted a Bostonian Drunkard thread, and noted that he didn't have a star either.  Although he has certainly fallen in "primitives of prominence", I still thought it was interesting.

I never paid attention to this particular matter until yesterday (Wednesday).

As an incentive to get the primitives to donate to my fellow alum, I'm not quoting any primitives--with one noticeable exception--who haven't donated; I'm going to act as if they don't even exist.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
Who shit in his corn flakes this morning?

God, what an uptight bastard.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
I know.  He actually took the time and bother to photograph a pear, upload it to his PC, log onto DU and create a rant.  How productive.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
Stymied by produce AGAIN. :rofl:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
Who shit in his corn flakes this morning?

God, what an uptight bastard.

I was thinking the same.  Shouldn't there be more to life than starting a thread about fruit stickers?  (Such as laughing at someone starting a thread about fruit stickers?)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
I was thinking the same.  Shouldn't there be more to life than starting a thread about fruit stickers?  (Such as laughing at someone starting a thread about fruit stickers?)
That must be the only example he can come up with of The Man keeping him down.  Alas, poor Pedro, alas! :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
I was thinking the same.  Shouldn't there be more to life than starting a thread about fruit stickers?  (Such as laughing at someone starting a thread about fruit stickers?)

New to DU? You ain't seen nuttin' yet. The Greenbriar skank started a thread asking how she can get her bowels moving again. I'm constantly amazed at the types of threads these fruitbats start.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,32231.msg339046.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:54:54 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
Has Greenbriar been around?  I wonder if she slunk off in embarassment because the moderator locked her pooping thread, saying that bodily function threads were against the rules. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »

Well, the idea is to show the primitives aren't only silly in their politics, but in their daily lives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »
If the DUchebag ever had the sack to go upstairs and stand while he peed, I bet he wouldn't HATE EVERYTHING.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
These people have the most ridiculous complaints. I don't honestly think I've spent more than the 2 seconds it takes to peel them off of whatever fruit or veggie their attached to thinking about those labels. It takes longer for him to bitch about it than it does to remove the damn thing.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »
Has Greenbriar been around?  I wonder if she slunk off in embarassment...
Come on. I know you've read enough posts by DUmmy greenbriar to realize she is unacquainted with
the emotion of embarrassment. The threads on her disgusting sex life would do it for most people.

Or maybe she embarrassed herself just to see how it feels. And she prefers Dos Equis.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »
These people have the most ridiculous complaints. I don't honestly think I've spent more than the 2 seconds it takes to peel them off of whatever fruit or veggie their attached to thinking about those labels. It takes longer for him to bitch about it than it does to remove the damn thing.

Cindie

I use to get gum out of the kids and animals hair with peanutbutter, it also works on all kinds of stickers.