Author Topic: subway cat laughs  (Read 2216 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
subway cat laughs
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x67658

Oh my.

steven johnson  (944 posts)     Wed Aug-19-09 11:05 PM
Original message

Life Expectancy in US Up to 78 years, CDC Says 

And the average 65-year-old today can expect to live another 18.4 years -- and if you make it to 75 your life expectancy increases to 86.8. Whoopee!

http://longevity.about.com/od/longevity101/p/life_expec...

ATLANTA (AP) -- U.S. life expectancy has risen to a new high, now standing at nearly 78 years, the government reported Wednesday.

The increase is due mainly to falling death rates in almost all the leading causes of death. The average life expectancy for babies born in 2007 is nearly three months greater than for children born in 2006.

The new U.S. data is a preliminary report based on about 90 percent of the death certificates collected in 2007. It comes from the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Life expectancy is the period a child born in 2007 is expected to live, assuming mortality trends stay constant. U.S. life expectancy has grown nearly one and a half years in the past decade, and is now at an all-time-high.

Captain Hilts  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 11:07 PM
Response to Original message

1. Great! So we don't need healthcare reform! Whew!

proud patriot   (1000+ posts)         Wed Aug-19-09 11:15 PM

2. good news 

I bet we can improve it further

The subway cat:

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 01:10 AM

3. Oooh but this "obesity epidemic" it's so killing us..

Laugh.Seriously,you'd think with all the fat phobia and hysteria over body appearnces it might be a bit more dismal in the lifespan department, right? Can't have it both ways.Either we in general are more healthy and living longer DESPITE the obesity,or this longevity statistic is a load of crap and we are dropping like flies from being too portly.The way some talk here you'd think fat was the new flu.

Anyways WTF is a "preventable death"?

We all die.

http://www.buttafly.com/originals/odds.php 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: subway cat laughs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:52 AM »
undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-20-09 01:10 AM

3. Oooh but this "obesity epidemic" it's so killing us..

Laugh.Seriously,you'd think with all the fat phobia and hysteria over body appearnces it might be a bit more dismal in the lifespan department, right? Can't have it both ways.Either we in general are more healthy and living longer DESPITE the obesity,or this longevity statistic is a load of crap and we are dropping like flies from being too portly.The way some talk here you'd think fat was the new flu.

Anyways WTF is a "preventable death"?

We all die.

http://www.buttafly.com/originals/odds.php 

I dont bash obese people Lord knows I aint exactly the picture of health but, I can't understand those who deny that obesity is bad for you.  :banghead:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
The nation is getting fatter but living longer.  It does present a bit of a puzzle.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »
In addition to being batshit crazy, DUmmy UGP is a tub of lard.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
In addition to being batshit crazy, DUmmy UGP is a tub of lard.

Not only that, but I just noticed the subway cat is NOT a donor to Skins's island.

Tightwad.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
The nation is getting fatter but living longer.  It does present a bit of a puzzle.

The greatness of our many pharmaceuticals (Diabetes medication, blood pressure medication, cholesterol medication, etc.) undoubtedly has a great deal to do with that.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Well, I guess when you're in the process of tattooing tiger stripes all over your body, pinning your tail on straight every day, and working on changing your ***** to a dick obesity would the least of your concerns.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »
Well, I guess when you're in the process of tattooing tiger stripes all over your body, pinning your tail on straight every day, and working on changing your ***** to a dick obesity would the least of your concerns.

Cindie
That is an astute observation.
Some of us have never dealt with those particular issues.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
Not only that, but I just noticed the subway cat is NOT a donor to Skins's island.

Tightwad.

Coach, I would still bring over its' really stupid stuff, just to make the point of Skins' Island having a bunch of lunatics on it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
Coach, I would still bring over its' really stupid stuff, just to make the point of Skins' Island having a bunch of lunatics on it.

Well, I have noticed that donations over there have picked up ever since I first announced primitives who don't donate won't be quoted here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Well, I have noticed that donations over there have picked up ever since I first announced primitives who don't donate won't be quoted here.

Skins should cut you in . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »

I've been wondering if Frank isn't Skinner.   :tinfoil: :bwah:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »

No kidding.

I've been watching that thing like a hawk, and every time after I post a bonfire from Skins's island over here, about half an hour, an hour later, it moves.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »
I've been wondering if Frank isn't Skinner.   :tinfoil: :bwah:

Actually, if you take my fellow alum's eyeglasses off, and add a few inches of height, Skins and franksolich are near-twins.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
Actually, if you take my fellow alum's eyeglasses off, and add a few inches of height, Skins and franksolich are near-twins.

I thought it wouldn't hurt to add to the paranoia of any lurking DUmmies.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
No kidding.

I've been watching that thing like a hawk, and every time after I post a bonfire from Skins's island over here, about half an hour, an hour later, it moves.

Hokay, then . . .

Skinner, we know that you either lurk here yourself or get reports from primitives who do.  In the name of all that is good and decent, like your young child, you'd better think about sending checks to the Coach . . .

Because when the Republicans come roaring back to take a fillibuster-proof majority in 2012 along with the Presidency, we're coming for you.  As in, "seize the servers and find out where all these troublemakers live--then go deal with them."

Don't think it can't happen? . . . Think again.

Chase her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »
That is an astute observation.
Some of us have never dealt with those particular issues.

Obesity or the other crap?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"