Author Topic: Poll: is the Twix candy bar primitive male or female?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Poll: is the Twix candy bar primitive male or female?
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »
One of the longest-running mysteries to me, an observer of the primitives on Skins's island for some years now, is the gender of the Twix candy bar primitive, the "TwixVoy" primitive.

The Twix candy bar primitive was once a floor supervisor at Target, a blue corporation, who allegedly quit over unfair treatment of employees there, but actually probably perhaps was fired, during the onset of this current 0bama economy.

I always had the impression the Twix candy bar primitive was a femme.

But lately, since the Twix candy bar primitive took a new job, as cable installer (or something like that), the Twix candy bar primitive has been writing in a style strongly suggesting the Twix candy bar primitive is a hom.

Anybody have any idea?  Anybody know?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
Re: Poll: is the Twix candy bar primitive male or female?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
Hello Coach,
I've always thought Twit was an effeminate male based on writing style and stated lifestyle.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
Hello Coach,
I've always thought Twit was an effeminate male based on writing style and stated lifestyle.

Well, that would make the Twix candy bar primitive female, the way I see it.

Vocabularial analysis is more of an art than a science; one can usually determine the gender of a writer by vocabulary and grammar.....but it's not perfect, by any means.

For example, when I first noticed Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, the "Horse with no Name" primitive, some years ago, the vocabulary and grammer was suggestive of a male, or at least a woman with a mannish voice.

As it turned out later, Ms. Ed is a woman, but with a "little girl" sort of voice.

I've made some big bloopers--the most glaring one when I confused the mountain man primitive, the "ThomWVA" primitive, with the "ThomCat" primitive, and that went on for the longest time--but as long as I'm right 50% + 1 of the time, I guess it's copacetic.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »
Hello Coach,

Can't that be inferred about most of the males on DU? :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »
It is as other DUmmies are.  Simply 'it'.  They are above gender identification.  They simply are ..... IT.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
It will be impossible to locate, but I seem to recall a post from sometime last year when TwixVoy either said or strongly implied she was female. Also,
the supposed job as a trainee cable guy was all arranged except for some details, notably a drug test. Now TwixVoy says the job won't start until sometime in September. AT&T may be a smarter company that DUmmies think it is. Something is fishy enough to be submitted to the new snitch line.

I think I would rather adopt the practice of using the masculine gender for people or animals in indeterminate cases. Using "it" or "he/she" is just awkward, serves no purpose, and smacks of the stupid convention promoted by democrats to use silly words like "spokesperson" and "chairperson".

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
Ive always thought this primitive was a metrosexual male.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
An oldtimer slipped one night and called armyowalgreens twix candy bar. 

I think Twix is a young male.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 01:26:03 AM »
I'll go with "Not sure" as it is the closest option to "indeterminate" or "androgynous" available.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 09:13:56 AM »
Why does the poll have a yes and no?  Meant to be a funny?

I say a very femmy male. 

Online Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:19 AM »
I think I would rather adopt the practice of using the masculine gender for people or animals in indeterminate cases. Using "it" or "he/she" is just awkward, serves no purpose, and smacks of the stupid convention promoted by democrats to use silly words like "spokesperson" and "chairperson".

I've always been in favor of using the masculine pronoun when the gender of someone is not stated or known; after all, "he," "him," and "his" originally pertained to anyone, not just males.  The masculine pronouns are inclusive, not exclusive.

However, with the primitives, one is faced with a dilemma, especially given that so many primitives lurk here.  Primitives are woefully ignorant of the origin of words, and so erroneously misconstrue the masculine pronouns as "sexist," when in fact they're about as nonsexist as one can get.

So for the sake of the primitives, one has to dumb down the language one uses.

In real life, and in all other things on the internet, I use the masculine pronouns when the gender is not known, but make an exception for the primitives, but the primitives only.

By the way, thanks for pointing out stupidities and crudities such as "spokes******" and "chair******", both of which have the syllable "son"--male heir--in them, and if the primitives thought their convoluted and tortured logic all the way through, the primitives would ban the use of those words too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
I've always been in favor of using the masculine pronoun when the gender of someone is not stated or known; after all, "he," "him," and "his" originally pertained to anyone, not just males.  The masculine pronouns are inclusive, not exclusive.

However, with the primitives, one is faced with a dilemma, especially given that so many primitives lurk here.  Primitives are woefully ignorant of the origin of words, and so erroneously misconstrue the masculine pronouns as "sexist," when in fact they're about as nonsexist as one can get.

So for the sake of the primitives, one has to dumb down the language one uses.

In real life, and in all other things on the internet, I use the masculine pronouns when the gender is not known, but make an exception for the primitives, but the primitives only.

By the way, thanks for pointing out stupidities and crudities such as "spokes******" and "chair******", both of which have the syllable "son"--male heir--in them, and if the primitives thought their convoluted and tortured logic all the way through, the primitives would ban the use of those words too.

I would say that is a fair justification.  When we consider that most of the females at the DUmp, are just as masculine as most of the males there.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »
I say shemale.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »

Anybody have any idea?  Anybody know?

Twix isn't the only one with that problem

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2319680/posts

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »
Twix isn't the only one with that problem

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2319680/posts

Some posted a pic of madcow Maddow down thread.  :lmao:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
I said "no."  The Twix candy primitive doesn't know what gender it is (IMO), so it displays the characteristics of neither.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
Some posted a pic of madcow Maddow down thread.  :lmao:
I heard the Muncher has trouble when she travels. Metal detectors go off on the chain on her wallet.