Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive listens  (Read 488 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive listens
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6344346

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive, who should be watching his wife as she plays around with the chemisty set upstairs:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-19-09 09:08 AM
Original message

What is the difference between listening to a blue dog and a repub?

Cooper from TN is on saying "the law says we have to have 60 senate votes" to get laws passed.

The difference?

Not a lot.

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 09:10 AM
Response to Original message

1. he's my worthless piece of shit blue dog rep whom i will never vote for again

The mountain man primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 09:11 AM

2. One whines, the other howls.

Grandma's best friend, the miserable primitive:

sazemisery  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-19-09 09:13 AM

3. None whatsoever.

Being from Jokelahoma,  and being represented by a Blue Dog DINO, has taught me that there is no difference. Boren says what the person he is addressing wants to hear. He has no right to call himself a Democrat. Then I have Coburn and Ihofe.

Thanks, Clown, for depressing me. I thought your job was to make me smile.

Sounds to me as if the miserable primitive's well-represented.

Segami (512 posts)     Wed Aug-19-09 09:24 AM

4. They BOTH wear flea collars.

WeDidIt  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 09:26 AM

5. Cooper is full of shit

There is no law that says you have to have 60 votes in the Senate.

Laws must be passed by both the House and the Senate, then either signed by the president or passed once again with a two-thirds majority in both houses of Congress.

There is no law in US history that ever met that threshold requiring 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation.

There is a rule in the senate that requires 60 votes to end debate on an issue. Nothing more.

And that's the crux of the matter; that's probably what Cooper said, sixty votes to end debate on a bill.  Cooper's perhaps speculating that debate won't end.

The sparkling husband primitive got all mixed up in the head when he heard that.

Segami (512 posts)     Wed Aug-19-09 09:37 AM
Response to Reply #5

6. Majority vote to pass, 60 for a filibuster, and 2/3rds to override a veto

madokie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 09:40 AM

7. I'm planning to send my blue dog a nasty email today

I don't know about the nasty part but I'm sure he, rep Dan Boren, OK, will think it is. I can't get no representation at all. First off its in-****ing-hofe and then there's danny boy boren.

Well now, just as with the miserable primitive, the insane Sooner primitive seems rather well-represented to me.

Hubert Flottz  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-19-09 10:33 AM

8. Zilch

A 'Blue Dog' and a republican are the same thing in the real world.

downeyr (99 posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 10:41 AM

9. Hmm..

One actually believes what they are saying while getting paid. The other just gets paid to lie?

RUMMYisFROSTED (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 11:00 AM

10. 9 cents.

The difference between a blue dog Democrat and a Republican is that a blue dog Democrat votes to make Bela Pelosi Speaker of the House.  That's why a RINO is always preferable to any Democrat, no matter how "conservative" the Democrat alleges to be.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: sparkling husband primitive listens
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »
Hey StinkFinger, pull your finger outta the cat's butt long enough to realize he just might be representing his constituents wishes! Ya know, doind his job the people sent him to do rather than following Obumble and the proof that plastic surgery can't cure ugly, like the rest of the sheep.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: sparkling husband primitive listens
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
Hey StinkFinger, pull your finger outta the cat's butt long enough to realize he just might be representing his constituents wishes! Ya know, doind his job the people sent him to do rather than following Obumble and the proof that plastic surgery can't cure ugly, like the rest of the sheep.

Mainly because he wants to seen as helping the winning side (Rs) in 2013, when they un**** the country from four years of Jimmy Carter to the nth power . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.