Author Topic: primitives insist Republicans don't matter  (Read 3443 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: primitives insist Republicans don't matter
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
For all the genius embodied in the Constitution, they pretty much screwed the pooch on that point, leading to rivers of blood when the issue was settled by a trial of arms in the middle of the next century.

If trends continue, they'll repeat themselves soon.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
If it is "just the Democrats" the rookie will learn the gross errors of his elitist ways.   There is no way on God's green earth that the Democrats whose seats are vulnerable -- and know damn well the audience at their town meetings were THEIR OWN EXTREMELY PISSED OFF CONSTITUENTS  -- are going to vote for this.  

No freakin way.  

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »
If it is "just the Democrats" the rookie will learn the gross errors of his elitist ways.   There is no way on God's green earth that the Democrats whose seats are vulnerable -- and know damn well the audience at their town meetings were THEIR OWN EXTREMELY PISSED OFF CONSTITUENTS  -- are going to vote for this.  

No freakin way.  

You threadgetteronbacktracker.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »
What does it tell you that when a party has control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency and yet can't get a bill passed without the help of the minority party? Can anyone here say Massive failure and incompetence? I hope that not only is this PRESBO's waterloo but that of the media as well.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
What does it tell you that when a party has control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency and yet can't get a bill passed without the help of the minority party? Can anyone here say Massive failure and incompetence? I hope that not only is this PRESBO's Waterloo but that of the meda as well.

Hopefully, there will be bigger and better failures to come for the Obama administration... we still have three years and five months left of this sad sack.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 09:58:15 PM »
What does it tell you that when a party has control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency and yet can't get a bill passed without the help of the minority party? Can anyone here say Massive failure and incompetence? I hope that not only is this PRESBO's waterloo but that of the media as well.

Its not the need for votes, but a need for a scapegoat... As always.

Success = Obama's brilliant leadership.
Failure = Republican's messed it all up.

To anyone who listened to the radio interview today - Obama made it clear that;

TARP = Republican - but made better by Democrats.
ARRA  = Republican - but made better by Democrats.
Auto Bailout = Republican - but made better by Democrats.

See the pattern ?