Author Topic: Has Noah's Ark Been Finally Found?  (Read 12806 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Has Noah's Ark Been Finally Found?
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
If I recall, tool marks have also been found on dinosaur bones. No, our science isn't an exact science, especially when it comes to archaeology.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline bkg

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
If I recall, tool marks have also been found on dinosaur bones. No, our science isn't an exact science, especially when it comes to archaeology.

Unless you're trying to prove evolution - then it's infallable, dammit!  :tongue:

Offline World Communism

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • User is currently banned
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:27 AM »
Go ahead and laugh.  You won't have "the last one."   :-)

Ah, are you referring to the "Day Of Judgment"   ?
"If you tremble indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"
   Ernesto Guevara

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
   Ah, are you referring to the "Day Of Judgment"   ?
I don't think anyone will be laughing that day.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
Hmmm, this matches my theories...... (or mine match his)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEUYkh2Gpg[/youtube]
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline World Communism

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • User is currently banned
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
I don't think anyone will be laughing that day.

Good ole Vengeful god, eh?
I'm not too worried about that day
"If you tremble indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"
   Ernesto Guevara

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
Vengeful?  Well, He does own vengeance, but is far better known for love and mercy.  I'm not worried about that day, either.  :-)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
I cannot imagine anything worse than a god that compelled me to be in his presence against my will.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
Hmmm, this matches my theories...... (or mine match his)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEUYkh2Gpg[/youtube]

Thor this answers a few things for me, as to why my thinking is so different from others.

I read that book years ago and forgotten the book itself but the ideas had somehow sunk in to arise again when a couple of years ago the Scientists fudged their reports of global warning to support Gores theory's.

This has to be the reason the Indian Vedas often come to mind.

BTW--for some reason I do not trust that Hiawas [spel?]  If it were to be found written on stone that it was another culture that built the pyramids and the Spinx's, that man would to my thinking have that discovery destroyed.

I am going to do some research on this then call my small local library to have them track down the books of Cremo to refresh my memory.

Thank you Thor for giving me something to do this summer.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »

I've never heard or seen anything to indicate that humans ever existed alongside dino's. However, in one of Charles Forts books, he claimed that the Smithsonian has a T-Rex fossil with a wristwatch embedded around a forearm. I think he was nuts, but, who knows?
I think the "tool marks" may have been shown to be tooth marks.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
I've never heard or seen anything to indicate that humans ever existed alongside dino's. However, in one of Charles Forts books, he claimed that the Smithsonian has a T-Rex fossil with a wristwatch embedded around a forearm. I think he was nuts, but, who knows?
I think the "tool marks" may have been shown to be tooth marks.

There's a definite difference between tool marks and teeth marks. Until the time comes that mankind can travel back in time and observe, we will NEVER know the truth. Everything is an assumption, all based in someone's "theory". When it comes to archaeology, I don't believe in "scientific fact" because mankind is just too stupid to KNOW the facts when it comes to undocumented history. Then again, what's to say that whatever may have been on Earth in times past wasn't totally annihilated or otherwise destroyed beyond all recognition ??

Offline soleil

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
This is an interesting discussion. For one, I can't imagine why someone would feel the need to come poo on it. But whatever.

Anyway, I have always been conflicted with literal vs. figurative meanings in the Bible. Many Christians believe many stories are figurative. Obviously Jesus didn't figuratively die on that cross. But stories such as Noah's Ark, and Moses parting the Red Sea, people living 900 years are considered to be figurative among many Christians. Where you do draw the line? What story is literal, and which isn't?

I do believe there was a massive flood. That a man built a big boat to survive it. Did he put two of every single animal on that boat? Very interesting topic to discuss among Christians who have a differing viewpoint.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
This is an interesting discussion. For one, I can't imagine why someone would feel the need to come poo on it. But whatever.

Anyway, I have always been conflicted with literal vs. figurative meanings in the Bible. Many Christians believe many stories are figurative. Obviously Jesus didn't figuratively die on that cross. But stories such as Noah's Ark, and Moses parting the Red Sea, people living 900 years are considered to be figurative among many Christians. Where you do draw the line? What story is literal, and which isn't?

I do believe there was a massive flood. That a man built a big boat to survive it. Did he put two of every single animal on that boat? Very interesting topic to discuss among Christians who have a differing viewpoint.
Once a person accepts that Jesus died, the next question is, "Was He resurrected?"  Without the resurrection, there is no foundation for our hope that we'll live past death.  If we believe He was resurrected, then the question is, "If God can raise someone from the dead after 3 days, then why couldn't He part the Red Sea, float a boat full of animals while the world is flooded, float an axe head, etc. etc?"  Once you've accepted one miracle, is there any reason to doubt the others?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
Considering how many different ways the deluge story is repeated across the world it is intriguing to say the least. Still the arguments around it befuddle me.

It would be as if you passed a man on the road and he told you a great castle was on fire. Sometime later you pass another man who tells of great plumes of smoke belching from a tower. Yet another passerby tells you that the king's great stone mansion is ablaze.

Each would differ in details and scholars would quibble over the title of the owner, whether it was a castle, a tower or a stone house and whether or not it was merely smoldering or truly engulfed in flames, was it the entirety of the structure or just a part of it, but the essential points of the story all coincide.

I find the story itself to be fascinating but the debates to be off-putting. What we do know for a fact is: bunnies were on the passenger manifest but the unicorns weren't...and that's all that is really important.

Offline soleil

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 06:56:40 PM »
Once a person accepts that Jesus died, the next question is, "Was He resurrected?"  Without the resurrection, there is no foundation for our hope that we'll live past death.  If we believe He was resurrected, then the question is, "If God can raise someone from the dead after 3 days, then why couldn't He part the Red Sea, float a boat full of animals while the world is flooded, float an axe head, etc. etc?"  Once you've accepted one miracle, is there any reason to doubt the others?

I have no doubt in God's miracles. None at all. That doesn't mean, however, that if someone believes in the resurrection of Christ, that they can't see the stories as a guide to tell us how to live, rather than them actually happening.  I believe God can do anything. He is the now, the past, the future. He is always there. Everywhere.  But this is something Christians have differences in. Either way, I think it is a good discussion, and it is interesting to see others' views.

Offline soleil

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
Considering how many different ways the deluge story is repeated across the world it is intriguing to say the least. Still the arguments around it befuddle me.

It would be as if you passed a man on the road and he told you a great castle was on fire. Sometime later you pass another man who tells of great plumes of smoke belching from a tower. Yet another passerby tells you that the king's great stone mansion is ablaze.

Each would differ in details and scholars would quibble over the title of the owner, whether it was a castle, a tower or a stone house and whether or not it was merely smoldering or truly engulfed in flames, was it the entirety of the structure or just a part of it, but the essential points of the story all coincide.

I find the story itself to be fascinating but the debates to be off-putting. What we do know for a fact is: bunnies were on the passenger manifest but the unicorns weren't...and that's all that is really important.

Ok, I have to ask. What is with the bunnies? Why the bunny hate? Bunnies need love too. I used to have a pet bunny, and I loved him. My dad, however, did not. Especially, after said bunny escaped its cage and got in bed with my dad and peed on his head. Surprisingly, the bunny survived that incident.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 08:30:55 AM »
Ok, I have to ask. What is with the bunnies? Why the bunny hate? Bunnies need love too. I used to have a pet bunny, and I loved him. My dad, however, did not. Especially, after said bunny escaped its cage and got in bed with my dad and peed on his head. Surprisingly, the bunny survived that incident.
Bunnies are impeccable judges of character.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2010, 05:34:48 AM »
Bunnies are impeccable judges of character.

Whats the difference between a Bunny, a Rabbit and a Hare .?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »

Seasoning.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »
size

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »
size

Some Bunny's can be very dangerous, their back legs and nails can slice you to the bone if picked up wrong.

The Chinese zodiac has the year of the Rabbit and for some time I thought that was a curse.  My daughter was born in that year and of all my kids I find she is a survivor, one constantly on guard against predators and very strong.  She may be a Jack Rabbit, running at speeds that are remarkable.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
To sorta get back on topic......

For those of you who might be interested in alternative theories on the Ark, there is a new fiction novel out called:  The Ark, by Boyd Morrison.

I won't spoil the storyline for those who wish to read it, however, he uses some actual ancient translations of Genesis to arrive at the theory that the Ark was not actually a waterborne vessel at all, but something else entirely......in purely engineering and scientific terms, his explanation makes a great deal more sense that the currently-held religious interpretation.

It's a great read for those interested in archaeological and ancient language thrillers.....

doc

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »
To sorta get back on topic......

For those of you who might be interested in alternative theories on the Ark, there is a new fiction novel out called:  The Ark, by Boyd Morrison.

I won't spoil the storyline for those who wish to read it, however, he uses some actual ancient translations of Genesis to arrive at the theory that the Ark was not actually a waterborne vessel at all, but something else entirely......in purely engineering and scientific terms, his explanation makes a great deal more sense that the currently-held religious interpretation.

It's a great read for those interested in archaeological and ancient language thrillers.....

doc

Doc, some time in the past as a kid I read about a theory on the Grand pyramid in Readers Digest.--1960 perhaps.

It was a theory that the Grand pyramid came first and then the other lopsided pyramids came later as the Egyptians tried to replicate the big one made by others that came before them.

The theory was that somehow,  like Joseph and his coat of many colors that interrupted the kings dreams, some one for told the great flood.

So the people that lived in that area may have spent 200 years building the grand pyramid not as a tomb but as a shelter from the flood.

The pros for this is the lack of hieroglyphics, the unnatural air shafts, the area that has a huge very deep hole that could have channeled rising water into the outside.

Some say the Spinx was from the same century, yet that red headed archaeologist that had a couple specials on the Discovery Chanel showed without doubt that a great deal of the Spinx was destroyed by hundreds of years of water erosion.

Yes I know Readers Digest is not in any way a scientific  journal, but over and over again as I remember SOME articles I read back then from my grandparents library I find a few things that modern science says it has discovered ----but the theory was published in Readers digest 40 years ago.

Only problem with reading Readers Digest was in 1969 when I read an article on the Sins System and then took a tour of a SSBN and asked about the system. 

No one from the cook to the Captain knew this information had been declassified and were it not for the fact that a copy of Readers Digest was on the Ward Room table, I may have had to spend a night in unpleasant conditions.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »
It was a theory that the Grand pyramid came first and then the other lopsided pyramids came later as the Egyptians tried to replicate the big one made by others that came before them.

The theory was that somehow,  like Joseph and his coat of many colors that interrupted the kings dreams, some one for told the great flood.

So the people that lived in that area may have spent 200 years building the grand pyramid not as a tomb but as a shelter from the flood.

The pros for this is the lack of hieroglyphics, the unnatural air shafts, the area that has a huge very deep hole that could have channeled rising water into the outside.

From everything I've read, that's ass-backwards.

Nope, it's well known/accepted that it was built as a tomb.

There are plenty of Hieroglyphics in and around the Great Pyramids, including prOn, and graffiti. It turns out the the workers were hire-ons, not slaves, and they left their "mark" in the tombs.

(UFO's diden't help build them either)

(edited to fix quote tags)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:55:19 PM by TVDOC »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »
size
They don't call it the luck rabbit's foot for nothin' toots!

:naughty: