Author Topic: gnomish dave upset about his food stamps being reduced  (Read 2455 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gnomish dave upset about his food stamps being reduced
« on: January 29, 2019, 04:51:01 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/poverty-statistics-and-lies/

Oh my.

The lad's upset because Maine cut his food stamps from $190 per month to $87 after he got a first-class ticket ($750 per month) aboard the disability gravy train, the SS-whatever, where one doesn't have to have ever paid into the system, to get.

That's on another thread, which I didn't bring over.

Poverty, statistics and lies.

January 27, 2019 at 8:37 AM - Views: 14

David the Gnome

It turns out that when you “own” the statistics you can make them say whatever you want them to.  For instance – a single individual earning 1100 a month and paying 600 for rent?  Not “officially” considered to be in poverty.  Over half their income for the expense (only the expense) of a home.

By a rough estimate, food stamps offer 1.40, per person, per meal.  Social security pays retirees just over 1400 – according to official statistics – therefore, according to the same, they are not considered impoverished.

Now consider…. nearly 40 million (perhaps higher – census data varies from one year to the next) live in “official poverty” – meaning that their income (net, in particular) works out to less than 1000 a month.

Assume a 2 adult family.  600 (cheap in many areas) for rent, 400 for food, 250 for associated cars (higher – 2 cars for most), electric around 75, heating in the winter around 150-200 (being conservative – well insulated home) – expenses for childcare for one child.  Add at least 200.

Leaving out gas, incidentals, accidents, health insurance, diapers and so on and so forth – and living conservatively…

If they earn say, 2400 a month together – they might just barely get by, if they are the most frugal of individuals.

At just over poverty wages (1020 or so a month) they will not.  Not without help in some form – or the frugality of Christ in the desert.

Tens of millions already in poverty – around 18 million in extreme poverty… officially.  Most of the middle and working class not already there are one accident or illness away.

Yet, the Trump administration has declared the war on poverty mostly over and mostly a success.  The media raves about our great economy… and very few dare to argue in public.

In the wealthiest Nation on earth, the greatest wealth seems to consist of the lies told to us – statistically and otherwise.  When it comes to lies, we are bazillionaires.

Well now, if one's getting $1100 a month, and spending $600 on rent is a little much, probably he should look around for cheaper digs than those coming with a swimming pool, cable television and utilities paid, free parking, four bedrooms, &c., &c., &c.

<<<still waiting for his ex-girlfriend to learn about his recent largesse so she can get some child support going.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

Re: gnomish dave upset about his food stamps being reduced
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:11:43 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/poverty-statistics-and-lies/

Oh my.

The lad's upset because Maine cut his food stamps from $190 per month to $87 after he got a first-class ticket ($750 per month) aboard the disability gravy train, the SS-whatever, where one doesn't have to have ever paid into the system, to get.

That's on another thread, which I didn't bring over.

Well now, if one's getting $1100 a month, and spending $600 on rent is a little much, probably he should look around for cheaper digs than those coming with a swimming pool, cable television and utilities paid, free parking, four bedrooms, &c., &c., &c.

<<<still waiting for his ex-girlfriend to learn about his recent largesse so she can get some child support going.

How about he quit pretending to have an actual disability and get a job or two.  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:26:39 AM »
Would he happen to live in the People's Paradise of California or something?

All that free shit costs a lot of money.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 07:34:17 AM »
How about he quit pretending to have an actual disability and get a job or two.  :banghead:

He can't; he's too shy, too afraid of other people, to work.

davidthegnome (2618 posts)    April 27, 2018 at 8:36 am

I finally got a real diagnosis.

It occurred to me yesterday – as I was driving the 80 some miles to meet with a Psychologist – that I had never had a full psych eval.  It took me nearly half a year, even with medicaid, to set it up, but, yesterday, finally, I got one.  I learned some interesting things about myself – that I had suspected for quite a while but never really been quite sure of.  Funny, I never knew you could have all of these separate disorders, but here it is:

1. Bipolar 2 (less extreme highs and lows, more depressive than bipolar 1 – which is how most people think of bipolar disorder – mania, etc.)

2. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Yep, I knew that one)

3. Social Anxiety Disorder

4. General Anxiety Disorder

5. Agoraphobia

By themselves, any one of these is considered serious enough for medication and therapy, but all together?  Well, I guess I won some kind of genetic/biophysical lottery or something, because damn I’m messed up.  The good news is – according to the psychologist who performed the evaluation (very strictly following the DSM 5 criteria) – I almost certainly qualify for SSI.  Doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll get it – but according to the guidelines, I should.

Over the years, a couple of people had suggested bipolar to me, but I never really thought it possible, because I thought of bipolar disorder as more…. well, extreme.  Apparently it doesn’t have to be.  There is mania and what they call hypomania, I think.  I’ve got the latter, once a month or so, when I feel more optimistic, positive, listen to uplifting music and such (what my sisters call sappy love songs).

What is also interesting… is that the social security administration did not set me up with a psych eval.  Basically, there was a significant lack of evidence for a decision for or against – but now it’s all there on paper.

On the one hand, I’m glad that that’s done, that I know more about myself now – that I have a much better chance of winning SSI.  On the other….

I wonder at the difference between something being caused by life events and circumstances as opposed to what one is born with.  We can be born, for instance, with genetic predispositions that make it more likely that we will have depression or anxiety disorders – but five together?  I mean, I’m glad I didn’t get the really fun ones like schizophrenia, reactive attachment disorder and shit like that, but…

There's a simple cure for all this, but he doesn't want a cure; he just wants to keep that reclining chair in the first-class parlor car of the gravy train.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:18:23 AM »
So ... the guy's monthly income increased by $750 a month and he's actually surprised his bennies in a means-tested and -adjusted program got reduced? I'll bet a solution could be had at Sbux or M or CVS or ... . It's that 3-letter J-Word!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:26:32 AM »
So ... the guy's monthly income increased by $750 a month and he's actually surprised his bennies in a means-tested and -adjusted program got reduced? I'll bet a solution could be had at Sbux or M or CVS or ... . It's that 3-letter -Word

Two questions, as I know nothing about the Social Security disability that one gets for free, never having had to pay into it.

He alleges his monthly checks are $750, but then they're cut down to $514 because he lives rent-free off his father.

(a) is that possible?

He has an ex-girlfriend who bore him a son--gnomish Dave's in his mid-30s--and all three of them are on welfare.

(b) can one have child support deducted from social security disability, the one that one gets for free?

I think it needs to be a rule that zippers stay zipped on pants until one's worked in a job first.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 10:42:17 AM »
He can't; he's too shy, too afraid of other people, to work.

There's a simple cure for all this, but he doesn't want a cure; he just wants to keep that reclining chair in the first-class parlor car of the gravy train.

How about a fire watcher in a tower somewhere or work from home making Christmas wreaths or something. 
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
How about a fire watcher in a tower somewhere or work from home making Christmas wreaths or something.

Well, he once had a good job, a great job, as night desk-clerk at a motel in the uppermost part of Maine, in the isolated dark thickly-wooded forests.

At one time, he entertained notions of being a story-writer, and he did have talents in that direction, based upon what he used to write while still on Skins's island of his observations and experiences of people and events while working that job.

He should've stuck with it, and perhaps by now would be making money from it, writing about the spectres and happenings of the dark.

Think Stephen King, think Alfred Hitchcock.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:52 PM »
Dr. 45ACP has Rx for DUcheDave.  Much cheaper than sponging of useful and productive people.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
I think he forgot Laboraphobia.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
Leaving out gas, Eat less beans, problem solved. incidentals, accidents Put down the damn phone and pay attention to driving., health insurance, obama said it was FREE? diapers Try the less beans and a little more potty training. Al lyour problerms are solveable.and so on and so forth – and living conservatively…
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Would he happen to live in the People's Paradise of California or something?

All that free shit costs a lot of money.

are you NUTS???  Money comes from the magic money tree!!!  It is the mean millionaires who keep it from the little people!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
You called this the first time you posted about this loser getting on the government tit.  You said he would start griping about how little his 'benefits' were and that probably wasn't a month ago.  Here he is bitching about free money.  Free to HIM.

These kinds of wastes piss me off.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
Well, he once had a good job, a great job, as night desk-clerk at a motel in the uppermost part of Maine, in the isolated dark thickly-wooded forests.

At one time, he entertained notions of being a story-writer, and he did have talents in that direction, based upon what he used to write while still on Skins's island of his observations and experiences of people and events while working that job.

He should've stuck with it, and perhaps by now would be making money from it, writing about the spectres and happenings of the dark.

Think Stephen King, think Alfred Hitchcock.

I thought he sounded familiar and just could not place him... until I read the above and it all clicked.  I remembered reading the "diagnosis" at the time and thinking utter horseshit.   

Damn Coach... that seems like that was a while back... I can't say how long exactly...days/weeks/months all run together anymore.   Didn't he get canned from that job? My memory fails me as to exactly why now. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 09:11:15 AM »
Didn't he get canned from that job? My memory fails me as to exactly why now.

That, I don't recall, but he very well may have.  I assume he just got lazy and quit.

In the meantime, more bad news for gnomish Dave:

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/01/31/asylum-crisis-in-maine-dems-shift-taxpayer-money-from-needy-citizens-to-pay-for-needs-of-migrants/

Asylum crisis in Maine: Dems shift taxpayer money from needy citizens to pay for needs of migrants

The former GOP governor of Maine appeared on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle” Wednesday to address reports that his state’s largest city, Portland, is facing an “asylum crisis” as migrants flood in and overwhelm available shelters and public assistance.....

…..It’s a problem that the city “brought on itself” as the people “are going to be left to pick up the pieces,” Ingraham warned, Lifezette reported.

The WSJ report noted that migrants, mostly from African nations, now make up some 90 percent of Portland’s family and overflow shelters. In all, about 65 to 70 percent of people with government assistance in Maine are asylum seekers. And now, the city’s funds are also “dwindling fast” and lawyers “are overwhelmed with cases,” according to the report.

“This is happening all across New England,” Ingraham added. “But Portland brought it on itself, and people are going to be left to pick up the pieces.”

“What it really does — it takes away from the disabled, the elderly, people with intellectual disabilities. They’re pushed aside. They’re put on waiting lists, and the money goes to asylum seekers and undocumented citizens that — people that come to the state of Maine".....

…..LePage said he addressed the issues as governor. He said the state budgeted, removed the wait lists — and paid for the assistance.

Gov. Janet Mills (D) was elected last November, and Democrats have taken over the state legislature.

After “the Democrats came in,” they “took the money and put the people back on a wait list,” LePage said. “And they’re still there now, on a wait list. People who’ve lived their lives in Maine [are] now without services in their aging years or with their disabilities.”

The overwhelming number of migrants and Maine’s increasing inability to find enough funds to pay for their care is causing consternation and much discussion among residents, LePage said. But it’s only going to get worse.

He pointed to Mills’ decision to welcome more asylum seekers to Maine and to provide them with services, despite the crisis…..

Too bad for gnomish Dave, but one gets what one votes for.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »
Illegals  couldn't take Gnome's job - for obvious reasons - so they're taking his government bennies instead. And he still will :lalala: instead of connecting those dots. :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:25 AM »
1. Bipolar 2 (less extreme highs and lows, more depressive than bipolar 1 – which is how most people think of bipolar disorder – mania, etc.)

2. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Yep, I knew that one)

3. Social Anxiety Disorder

4. General Anxiety Disorder

5. Agoraphobia

Rx: Mom's basement.  Forever.  Even after she dies you can keep her embalmed body in the basement.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 09:25:51 PM »
>or the frugality of Christ in the desert. (says D the retard) ...

Your idiocy makes 2+2 == NULL. You can NOT requisition the anything with lies.  It's not your fault you are retarded...Please don't blame others for it.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
> David the Gnome
> Tens of millions already in poverty – around 18 million in extreme poverty…

Most of them faking it.  America, home of the (free AND the BRAVE).  Learn the logic before it gates you.

I don't mind you freeloaders being filthy, I mind you costing me hard money and my sweat and effort.
If the worth of the able were measured in Joules, yours would be negative.