Author Topic: NFL season countdown (by jersey)  (Read 16417 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: NFL season countdown (by jersey)
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »
52 Joe Norman days until the new NFL season! Yee-ha!
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
51 Lofa Tatupu days until the NFL season!!   :rocker2:

On edit:

And, last and least, the tiny though LOL funny fear of Lofa pic...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:20:06 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »

50 Fredd Young days until kickoff!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »
uh-oh, I've been slipping...  :-)
47 Sherman Smith days until kickoff!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
46 David Hughes days until the new season starts!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
45 (new seahawk FB/3rd down RB, maybe) TJ Duckett days until kickoff!  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
44 Heath Evans days until the new NFL season!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
43 Leonard Weaver days until kickoff!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »
42 Chris Warren days until the new NFL season kicks off.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »

42 Ronnie Lott days until kickoff
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 11:44:35 PM »

I was gonna post that today, but, ya beat me to the punch. Hi-5.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2008, 04:07:32 AM »
Another H5 to freedumb for posting Ronnie Lott's pic.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2008, 08:36:25 AM »
41 Eugene Robinson days until kickoff!

(hat tip to the Ronnie Lott fans of #42 fame)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »

I thought this was a Seattle Seahawks countdown? I know Lott played for the Jets too but did he play for Seattle?
I'm just wondering who the Seahawk who wore #1 is!  :-)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »

I thought this was a Seattle Seahawks countdown? I know Lott played for the Jets too but did he play for Seattle?
I'm just wondering who the Seahawk who wore #1 is!  :-)

No it's an NFL countdown, I've just been playing all by myself. (mostly)  :lmao:

(Lott was never in Seattle far as I know and Hawk number one is Warren Moon)

40 Marcus Rucker days until kickoff!

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »
40 GALE SAYERS days until opening kickoff

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »

H5 for the mega-throwback.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »

H5 for the mega-throwback.
I have to admit that is my favorite so far :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 07:13:29 PM by freedumb2003 »

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »
39 Josh Scobey days until the new season begins!

- Ayn Rand

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 02:05:38 PM »
39 Julius Crosslin days until the season begins!

So I picked a camp body, but that's only because I couldn't think of any past #39s.  Sue me.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »

So I picked a camp body, but that's only because I couldn't think of any past #39s.  Sue me.

LOL  :rotf:

It's all good. Getting enough Seahawks pics together has been a Herculean task.  :-) (and I still have no #6)

- Ayn Rand

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »

LOL  :rotf:

It's all good. Getting enough Seahawks pics together has been a Herculean task.  :-) (and I still have no #6)

Hey, it's all good.  There are 38 Lynn Scott days until the NFL season!

Here's a neat little site I found while looking for today's number:
http://www.knowyourdallascowboys.com/2008/06/01/greatest-cowboys-by-their-jersey-numbers-38/
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2008, 08:09:15 PM »
38 Mack Strong days until kickoff!   :II:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2008, 11:09:28 PM »
OK. It's after midnight and I got a long day tomorrow. So....

37 Shaun Alexander days until the 2008 season starts!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »
37 James Washington days until kickoff!

Martin Luther