Author Topic: NFL season countdown (by jersey)  (Read 16418 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NFL season countdown (by jersey)
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »
Yeah, I did steal this idea, but I stole it from a guy who sole it from another guy so it's cool.

79 days to the 2008 season. Make that, "79 Jacob Green days".  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: NFL season countdown (by jersey)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »
78 Bob Newton days till kickoff!  :hyper:

Also 78 Antonio Cochran days till kickoff.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:42:33 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:15:05 AM »

Leaping one hand grab -- while double teamed.   Are you kidding me right now? 

Patriots baby, all the way.   

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:20:46 AM »

Didn't you say that last year?  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 05:23:04 AM »

Didn't you say that last year?  :tongue:

...and the year before, and the year before. 

No fair weather fans allowed.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 05:24:43 AM »
Sorry, I posted 81 and jumped up a few days.  What is it 78?   Who the heck is 78 on the Patriots?    I will go find out and play by the rules...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
Sorry, I posted 81 and jumped up a few days.  What is it 78?   Who the heck is 78 on the Patriots?    I will go find out and play by the rules...

:rotf:

I was going to say something.

My calculation has us at 78 days to kickoff (Thur. Sept. 4) but I've been known to be wrong two or three times a year.

On Edit:

From June 20th (today) to September 4th (Start of 2008 regular season) is 76 days!! I screwed up! Or, rather. the site I stole the idea from screwed up. Then again, they are in a different time zone and seem to be counting Sept. 4th as one of the days in the calculation.

Fark it anyway. I'm sorry. I also now owe two more picks. (the good news is football is closer than I thought, lol)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:14:36 AM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:09 AM »

77 Floyd "pork chop" Womack days away. (Or so) (I think)   :uhsure:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:25:50 AM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
Actually, gang, I'm pumped that you're doing this.  Why? 

Football season means that deer season is close behind! :tongue: :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 07:38:45 PM »
Actually, gang, I'm pumped that you're doing this.  Why? 

Football season means that deer season is close behind! :tongue: :cheersmate:

Sweet. Go get em man. More you get, fewer to fark up my car!  :cheersmate:

76 Steve Hutchinson days to kickoff!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 07:03:17 AM »
75 Sean Locklear days till kickoff!!!

Have I mentioned, go Seahawks? !!!  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
And tomorrow it'll be 74 days left...

74 Aaron Kampman days left!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »

Hey!! No cheating!  :tongue: You wanna play that game, I got Seahawks picks counting all the way down to number 7,  (so far, LOL)

Wassamatter anyway? Pakers don't have a good number 75 in their great and glorious history? (or present, for that matter?)

Play right or stay home man. Next time you get a bitty slap. And only bitty-ches give out slaps so don't make me go there.

:p

- Ayn Rand

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:55 AM »

Hey!! No cheating!  :tongue: You wanna play that game, I got Seahawks picks counting all the way down to number 7,  (so far, LOL)

Wassamatter anyway? Pakers don't have a good number 75 in their great and glorious history? (or present, for that matter?)

Play right or stay home man. Next time you get a bitty slap. And only bitty-ches give out slaps so don't make me go there.

:p

75 is Tony Moll... not really impressed with him, besides, ain't gonna be here tomorrow, so I thought I'd put it up a day in advance/   :p

But we can go back, Hall Of Fame jerseys here...

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »
Mean Joe Greene . . .  brings a tear to my eye.

Chase her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »

74 Manu Tuiasosopo days until kickoff!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:56:31 AM »

"74 Aaron Kampman days until kickoff! -- 74"

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »

"74 Aaron Kampman days until kickoff! -- 74"

Good one.  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »
74 Bob Lilly Days until Kickoff

"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:50:15 AM »

Leaping one hand grab -- while double teamed.   Are you kidding me right now? 

that was one of THE most amazing catches I've ever seen & yet, ESPN /NFL network have filed into 'lost files' ...

I rarely see the replay of that catch...

that catch is what got the Pats out of their own endzone & started the offense up for the first time all game...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 10:54:14 AM »
73 Norm Evans days till kickoff.

http://www.beckys-place.com/evans.html

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:57:11 AM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »

I sat next to this guy on an airplane from Atlanta to Seattle. I was in 1A, he in 1B.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »

I sat next to this guy on an airplane from Atlanta to Seattle. I was in 1A, he in 1B.

Lucky duck! lol He leave ya any room?  :-)

Lockear's a pretty solid RT. There is talk of him moving over to LT when Walter Jones retires.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »
Lucky duck! lol He leave ya any room?  :-)

Lockear's a pretty solid RT. There is talk of him moving over to LT when Walter Jones retires.

It was First Class on a 767, and in the very front row. I had plenty of room in my area, but I did have to ask him to move his big f'n legs when I had to hit the head.  :-)

He's about 6'4" and 300+ Lbs. Played for NC State. He was coming back from something he had going on at his home in NC.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
72 Joe Nash days until kickoff!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:10:40 AM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand