Author Topic: DC City Council to take on getting the Redskins to change their name  (Read 2275 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
 :thatsright: just ridiculous!

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/30/d-c-city-council-to-tackle-pressing-washington-problem-getting-the-redskins-to-change-their-name/

I like RGIII's tweet response:

Robert Griffin III        ✔ @RGIII

In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness
4:41 PM - 30 Apr 2013
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Leads one to believe that all of the ills of DC have been eradicated for them to take up this task, does it not?   :whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Perhaps the Redskin owner should suggest to the DC city council that he'd be happy to move the team to the west coast if they hate the name so bad.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline thundley4

Perhaps the Redskin owner should suggest to the DC city council that he'd be happy to move the team to the west coast if they hate the name so bad.

The west coast wouldn't be any better.

Offline Dori

I would love for Los Angeles to get their own football team, but the PC police here are just as bad.   :mad:

Don't imagine Oregon or WA would be any better either.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline CG6468

What about Utah, Idaho, Montana, or New Mexico?
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline A7X_foREVer

How about the owners tell them to  :censored: off
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
This is BS. They're not called the "Scalpers" or anything. Ridiculous crap like this is going to end up with these PC libs going after the Buccaneers next, because it's offensive to pirates, and the Raiders, because it's offensive to blood thirsty, cut throats. Maybe the Titans as well, because we can't be referencing any kind of God(s). Especially mythological ones...

:argh:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!