Author Topic: Super Bowl 2013 Predictions: San Francisco 49ers Run Over Baltimore Ravens  (Read 4043 times)

Offline tac

Super Bowl 2013 Predictions: San Francisco 49ers Run Over Baltimore Ravens In New Orleans To Win Harbaugh Bowl

By Matthew Jussim

The Harbaugh Bowl is all set.

There is likely no prouder man in America right now than Jack Harbaugh, who has two sons coaching in the Super Bowl for the first time in NFL history. His son Jim leads the NFC champion 49ers, while John is the coach of the AFC champion Ravens.
The Way-To-Early-Prediction: 49ers 20, Ravens 14. The last pick of the 49ers-Falcons game was 31-24 and the real thing ended up being 28-24 with a missed field goal by San Francisco, so another similar prediction could fit the bill. Super Bowl's aren't often blowouts and that was certainly not the case last season when Eli Manning orchestrated another beautiful championship drive for the Giants. This year the Ravens are inspired by Ray Lewis and led by Joe Flacco, but there is just something about the swagger of Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers that is hard to ignore. The San Francisco defense has been more consistent all season and the 49ers offense is coming around at just the right time. That's not to say that the Ravens will not have a chance, but it is the Jim side of the brotherly connection that will take home the Super Bowl trophy. Either way, the post-game handshake should be very cordial.

Read more at http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/9023/20130121/super-bowl-2013-predictions-san-francisco-49ers.htm#7wgSiJI8YdkSgfwg.99

Las Vegas odds makers have SF at a 4.5 point favorite, while some have them at 5 points. Personally I think the game comes down to who wants it more. I don't gamble, but if I did I would bet on SF to win.
When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more laws, the less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline BigTex

I would bet the Ravens, motovation for Ray Lewis' last game and Flacco is the better QB
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
[hijack]

Okay, more that a week to go for the Super Bowl (the "all-star" game doesn't matter), so I thought I'd throw in a little special interest for all football fans...

...an early game my Dad attended a "while back"...http://www.kancoll.org/graphics/cruzan/v_misuperbowl.htm

Really a good read. As you read through the text, notice how some rules have changed. Some even had leather helmets!

[/hijack]
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline tac

The ProBowl is a joke and should be canned.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline CG6468

The ProBowl is a joke and should be canned.

So true! Particularly since it's PRIOR to the Superbowl!
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
[hijack]

Okay, more that a week to go for the Super Bowl (the "all-star" game doesn't matter), so I thought I'd throw in a little special interest for all football fans...

...an early game my Dad attended a "while back"...http://www.kancoll.org/graphics/cruzan/v_misuperbowl.htm

Really a good read. As you read through the text, notice how some rules have changed. Some even had leather helmets!

[/hijack]

My dad played football in high school in a leather helmet (30s) as an offensive and defensive lineman. 
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline ChuckJ

[hijack]

[/hijack]

I know that most of them are supposed to be for safety, but I'm kind of getting tired of some of these rules. It's got to the point that when my wife asks why an official threw a flag I just answer that one of the players got caught playing football.

As for the SB I think I'm going for the Ravens.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline CG6468

I want the Ravens.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Yeah, I want the Ravens, too.  Send Ray Lewis into retirement with his second ring.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I want SF.

Ravens beat Broncos... I wanted the Broncos to win the SB.  :bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Dori

If the 49er's play like they did against Green Bay, it's should be a great game.  I would guess that they could even tie and go into overtime.

But whoever wins, I hope it's an exciting game and not a snooze.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline tac

I want SF.

Ravens beat Broncos... I wanted the Broncos to win the SB.  :bawl:

So did the vast majority of the fans in Denver, but it was not to be. We are still trying to figure out why Manning took a knee with 31 seconds on the clock.  :???:
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
So did the vast majority of the fans in Denver, but it was not to be. We are still trying to figure out why Manning took a knee with 31 seconds on the clock.  :???:

I didn't see the game, but according to the men in my household, Denver had the ball, and should have been able to run the clock out. Coach changed the game plan....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I'm going to say the 69ers will win.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
I went to college with John but I'm "betting" on Jim (Harbaugh).

I used to live in Cleveland in the late 80s and watched the Browns lose that heartbreaking AFC Championship game to the Broncos.  Then a couple of years later, Art (POS) Modell yanks the team out of Cleveland for Baltimore so, no, I can't ever root for the Ravens.  :rant:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline A7X_foREVer

I am going for the Ravens
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I went to college with John but I'm "betting" on Jim (Harbaugh).

I used to live in Cleveland in the late 80s and watched the Browns lose that heartbreaking AFC Championship game to the Broncos.  Then a couple of years later, Art (POS) Modell yanks the team out of Cleveland for Baltimore so, no, I can't ever root for the Ravens.  :rant:

My senior year at college, I had a Public Speaking prof that was a sweet old lady--until you mentioned the name of Art Modell.

Then, it became :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline tac

I didn't see the game, but according to the men in my household, Denver had the ball, and should have been able to run the clock out. Coach changed the game plan....

He is still catching flack in the Denver sports media.  :mental: 31 seconds with timeouts is an eternity in football.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Marcus Tullius Cicero