Author Topic: Paging Red October......  (Read 21607 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Paging Red October......
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
Yeah, where are those two to come back and run a little smack?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »
I'm so pissed off at them I can't even speak right now.  They're trying to get Bedard or Oswalt but can't make up their minds who they want to trade.  Right now, I'd trade any of them.   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 08:12:42 PM »
This is going to be an extra special June this year.  We get both the Red Sox and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Califoria of Los Angeles  in Citizens Bank Park during interleague play.  Back to back.  That'll be two big names for our kill board. 

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Edited to add the two Ls from the Red Sox. :tongue:

Yuck it up, Metros.  We just went 3-10 and we're STILL in 1st place.  Who should be more ashamed, the Phils or the rest of the division?  I wouldn't chuck too many stones from that beautiful glass mansion you're living in.   :tongue:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »
This is going to be an extra special June this year.  We get both the Red Sox and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Califoria of Los Angeles  in Citizens Bank Park during interleague play.  Back to back.  That'll be two big names for our kill board. 

Yuck it up, Metros.  We just went 3-10 and we're STILL in 1st place.  Who should be more ashamed, the Phils or the rest of the division?  I wouldn't chuck too many stones from that beautiful glass mansion you're living in.   :tongue:

But, you said:

All that happened is that the Red Sox and Angels added the Phillies to their "kill board."  If the Mets could hit worth a lick, they would have made up a few more of those games.  I didn't say that the Mets were going out to the Angels and were going to take two of three from them in their park, or that the Mets would take two of three from the Rox.  But, it happened.  What also happened is that the Mets' bats went silent against the Mariners.  (Seeing that Dan Giese and Darrell Rasner are pitching the day/night split doubleheader tomorrow, the Mets stand a good chance of taking that DH.)

The Phillthies are going to panic, and overpay for someone.  Probably someone that they can get on the cheap, like Greg Maddux.  The Mets probably will overpay for someone to replace Carlos Delgado, and soon.  Ollie Perez could wind up somewhere else soon (Texas?), but he'll bring back someone mid-tier.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 09:12:29 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »

But, you said:

All that happened is that the Red Sox and Angels added the Phillies to their "kill board."  If the Mets could hit worth a lick, they would have made up a few more of those games.  I didn't say that the Mets were going out to the Angels and were going to take two of three from them in their park, or that the Mets would take two of three from the Rox.  But, it happened.  What also happened is that the Mets' bats went silent against the Mariners.  (Seeing that Dan Giese and Darrell Rasner are pitching the day/night split doubleheader tomorrow, the Mets stand a good chance of taking that DH.)

The Phillthies are going to panic, and overpay for someone.  Probably someone that they can get on the cheap, like Greg Maddux.  The Mets probably will overpay for someone to replace Carlos Delgado, and soon.  Ollie Perez could wind up somewhere else soon (Texas?), but he'll bring back someone mid-tier.

I said that 'cause Sparky and formerlurker are friends of mine from way back, and I wanted to talk some smack.  Yes, in hindsight that was probably unwise.  But it is what it is.  As much as I try to hide it, I do have a streak of Philly obnoxiousness in me.  Sorry.  :p  I'm paying for it now.  Now the Phils could win 15 in a row and all I'll hear from them is "BUT WE KICKED YOUR ASS!"  :hammer:

I don't see the Phils overpaying for anyone.  It'll be a wonder if Gillick DOES make a move for Oswalt or Bedard, and there's no way in hell he's trading away the farm for half a seaon of Sabathia.  Gillick's a stingy bastard when it comes to pitchers.  I would love to see a trade for Bedard myself. 

And I feel your pain on the hitting.  Over the past three weeks we've stranded somewhere in the neighborhood of seven hundred men on base.  Prior to last night, Utley had completely vanished.  Hence, the 3-10 run.  Just in time for the two series against my friends' 1st place teams.  That's a good one, God.   :banghead: :bawl: :beer:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:11:10 PM by Red October »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »
  <--- you can borrow the bag little bro. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »
I read on MLB Trade Rumors where the Ynakees have passed on dealing for Bedard, but the phillies are still in the hunt.  Apparently, the Yankees know just how surly (for a definition, see "Delgado, Carlos") Bedard can be, and they don't want that influence in their clubhouse.  Besides, the rep that I've heard about Bedard is that after 100 pitches in a game, he's flat.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 07:50:45 AM »

Replace that bag of popcorn with some crow and you'll be just about right.

I'm sorry, whose bullpen would you take over yours again? 

Thanks for playing my little SECOND PLACE RED SOX.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »

Replace that bag of popcorn with some crow and you'll be just about right.

I'm sorry, whose bullpen would you take over yours again? 

Thanks for playing my little SECOND PLACE RED SOX.

I was falling asleep waiting for you to FINALLY post something.     Second place, just for one day.....   

Tito can't manage a bullpen to save his life, but whatever.   I am more upset about Manny shoving the guy twice his age to the ground.   He needs to have his ass suspended for that nonsense.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
C'mon, this surprises you that Manny can only pick on the elderly?  Guy's been a headcase ever since he was with the Indians.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 06:58:15 PM »
C'mon, this surprises you that Manny can only pick on the elderly?  Guy's been a headcase ever since he was with the Indians.

Tito not suspending him is yet another testimony of his poor management skills.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2008, 02:20:31 AM »
Damn, what a difference a couple of days makes.  You're falling farther and farther behind, the Philthies are barely hanging on to their spot, and the "sucky" Angels?

Just extended their lead in the West to 4.5 games.

Sucks for you two.

How sweet it is indeed.  See ya on the 18th, toots.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:08 AM »
Brett Myers goes to the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs . . . considering what he did to his wife a couple of years ago, that's appropriate. :evillaugh:

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:59 AM »
Damn, what a difference a couple of days makes.  You're falling farther and farther behind, the Philthies are barely hanging on to their spot, and the "sucky" Angels?

Sucks for you two.

No, it really doesn't and you know it doesn't.

Why the hell they do this to Wakefield all the time just totally ticks me off.   

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2008, 02:52:22 PM »

Sucks for you two.

Fear not my man... another sweep of Atlanta and it'll be like June never happened.  Lucky-ass Anaheim.  :whatever:

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
Brett Myers goes to the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs . . . considering what he did to his wife a couple of years ago, that's appropriate. :evillaugh:

Can't say I disagree.  I hope this means Bedard is on a Philly-bound 747 right now. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

Sucks for you two.

Fear not my man... another sweep of Atlanta and it'll be like June never happened.  Lucky-ass Anaheim.  :whatever:

Uh-huh.  How's that expression go?  Crap in one hand, wish in the other?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »

Can't say I disagree.  I hope this means Bedard is on a Philly-bound 747 right now. 

If Bedard is on his way to Philly, it must be because either the Cubs or Brewers are in town.  :tongue:

Chase her.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »

If Bedard is on his way to Philly, it must be because either the Cubs or Brewers are in town.  :tongue:

:lalala:

Seriously, I don't know what Pat Gillick is waiting for.  He better get on the phone and sign us a pimpin' starting pitcher.  He's not gonna be our GM next year... what does he care how much it costs?  When's there gonna be a better time to take a stab at glory?  What's the future we're building for?  We've got one of the best teams we've ever had hitting their prime now.  We need to land a big fish now, and take our best shot now.  Don't be the Eagles, Gillick!  Don't waste the best years of our best players!  Pleeeeeeease!  Yes, I am BEGGING!  We need this, Pat.  We need something to hold onto for the next twenty-five years.  Don't do us like that, man!
 :-) 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2008, 04:12:57 AM »

:lalala:

Seriously, I don't know what Pat Gillick is waiting for.  He better get on the phone and sign us a pimpin' starting pitcher.  He's not gonna be our GM next year... what does he care how much it costs?  When's there gonna be a better time to take a stab at glory?  What's the future we're building for?  We've got one of the best teams we've ever had hitting their prime now.  We need to land a big fish now, and take our best shot now.  Don't be the Eagles, Gillick!  Don't waste the best years of our best players!  Pleeeeeeease!  Yes, I am BEGGING!  We need this, Pat.  We need something to hold onto for the next twenty-five years.  Don't do us like that, man!
 :-) 

The word I've heard is that the Phillthies don't have the prospects to give up for either Bedard or Sabathia, and they would pretty much have to send two starting position players, in addition to whatever prospects, from the big team to land either.  They might be able to get, say, Greg Maddux for the two months or so, but I'm not sure if they want to--or if Maddux would even go to Phillthy.

And, as I've posted before, another rap on Bedard is that he's supposedly kinda surly in the clubhouse.  Not sure if you want that in any MLB clubhouse--destroys whatever chemistry that's there.

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2008, 08:00:39 AM »
You know at the end of the season when everyone is praising Tito yet once again, I would like to remind them of  games such as last night where the moron couldn't manage himself out of a freakin paperbag if his life depended on it.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
You want to go to that card?  I mean, since you won't admit your pitching staff sucks, we'll go with managers?

Who would you rather have--Scioscia or Tito?

Oh, and how's life treating you when you're looking UP AT THE RAYS, FALLING FARTHER AND FARTHER BACK???

Say it with me now...FOUR GAMES BACK.  FOUR GAMES BACK.

See, don't you feel better?  I certainly do.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
You want to go to that card?  I mean, since you won't admit your pitching staff sucks, we'll go with managers?

Who would you rather have--Scioscia or Tito?

Oh, and how's life treating you when you're looking UP AT THE RAYS, FALLING FARTHER AND FARTHER BACK???

Say it with me now...FOUR GAMES BACK.  FOUR GAMES BACK.

See, don't you feel better?  I certainly do.

harsh, dude. :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »
Ya gotta keep these people in their place.  I mean, when they're not RUNNING smack, they're smacking each other with baseball bats or running each other over in bar parking lots.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO81810/

Yeah, this kid's a real winner...