Author Topic: SEC vs. ND  (Read 17825 times)

Offline BigTex

Re: SEC vs. ND
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »
No, but the week 11 #15 with 2 losses (both to SEC teams) beating the undefeated #1 (king of the SEC) team at home was a big upset.

I would say it was only a big upset because A&M had never played at that level before, if next year a 2 loss A&M plays an undefeated SEC team you are going to expect it to be close arent you?
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »
Actually there will be a 4 team playoff system beginning in 2014.  I think it needs to be more myself and has nothing to do with my shit SEC team, which is shit at the moment.  They wouldn't have made in a 48 team play off system.

I asked you a question. Who is your shit team??? LSU has won 2 National Championships in the last 10 years. So, you are the one that is full of shit.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »
I asked you a question. Who is your shit team??? LSU has won 2 National Championships in the last 10 years. So, you are the one that is full of shit.

What the **** is your problem?  My shit team is UT and is irrelevant to an anything in this ****ing thread.  So how am I full of shit?
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
What the **** is your problem?  My shit team is UT and is irrelevant to an anything in this ****ing thread.  So how am I full of shit?

I was responding to your post about LSU being a shit team. Don't get your bowels in an uproar; your head is liable to explode. BTW, the UT does not come close to the won lost record that LSU has posted in the last 10 years. That is a fact shithead.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
I was responding to your post about LSU being a shit team. Don't get your bowels in an uproar; your head is liable to explode. BTW, the UT does not come close to the won lost record that LSU has posted in the last 10 years. That is a fact shithead.

I never said LSU was a shit team...  not sure where you got that.   Although Clemson would and could argue that point.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
I never said LSU was a shit team...  not sure where you got that.   Although Clemson would and could argue that point.

Wrong.....On page 4 second post from the bottom, you did.

LSU needs to revamp its offensive coordinators. One has Parkinson disease and the other is just not worth a shit. Coach Miles is a good coach; his loyalty might be admiral but they need to go.

With 2 min. in the game LSU has the ball with 2nd down and 2 yards to go, they pass it twice. That is the dumbest calls I have seen cause Clemson had no time outs and running the ball twice would have eaten up 1.5 min off the clock. A first down would have ensured victory. LSU has the talent to beat any team but their offense sucks due to bad offense coaches.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
Wrong.....On page 4 second post from the bottom, you did.

LSU needs to revamp its offensive coordinators. One has Parkinson disease and the other is just not worth a shit. Coach Miles is a good coach; his loyalty might be admiral but they need to go.

With 2 min. in the game LSU has the ball with 2nd down and 2 yards to go, they pass it twice. That is the dumbest calls I have seen cause Clemson had no time outs and running the ball twice would have eaten up 1.5 min off the clock. A first down would have ensured victory. LSU has the talent to beat any team but their offense sucks due to bad offense coaches.

You're right, I'm wrong...  Most of my friends are LSU groupies and think Miles needs to go.  Me? I could care less.

-Milton Friedman

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 06:02:56 PM »
App St was ranked #1 in Div 2, those teams are pretty good they are about as good as the #25 Div 1 team and it took a game winning field goal block to win.

Irrelevant.  Appy State was a season opener tune up team that showed up ready to play and Michigan didn't take them seriously.  How they won doesn't matter since the bottom line was - they won.  I watched that game, Appy State dominated Michigan in their own stadium on both sides of the ball.

So sometimes the #10 team has a chance against the #1 team (like an A&M team that was young and played top SEC competition) and sometimes there was never a shot for them to win (like ND who played pushovers all year)

Uh, yeah, I know, that's kinda what I've said.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
I would say it was only a big upset because A&M had never played at that level before

Maybe so, I would tend to agree and say also that there were many factors that made it an upset (freshman QB, first year in the conference, already lost two conference games, playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa, etc).

if next year a 2 loss A&M plays an undefeated SEC team you are going to expect it to be close arent you?

What I have learned watching the SEC over the years is that it takes an SEC team to really beat an SEC team; again, college can be volatile.  What I expect next year is for A and M to give Alabama a serious run in the SEC West if not possibly winning the SEC outright.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »
Maybe so, I would tend to agree and say also that there were many factors that made it an upset (freshman QB, first year in the conference, already lost two conference games, playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa, etc).

What I have learned watching the SEC over the years is that it takes an SEC team to really beat an SEC team; again, college can be volatile.  What I expect next year is for A and M to give Alabama a serious run in the SEC West if not possibly winning the SEC outright.

All I know is I had a footballgasm watching it happen, A&M beat AL that is.  I think a few SEC teams new and old to shine next year.  A&M and Vandy to name a few.  Probably like you said A&M has the best shot at giving AL a run for its money.

-Milton Friedman

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »
All I know is I had a footballgasm watching it happen, A&M beat AL that is.  I think a few SEC teams new and old to shine next year.  A&M and Vandy to name a few.  Probably like you said A&M has the best shot at giving AL a run for its money.

Don't count out LSU. They beat the Aggies on their home turf even with a lousy offensive showing. They have to play in Tiger stadium which is a tough place to play next year. If they could only get a decent offensive QB and coach, they could go all the way. Coach Miles is too damn stubborn to do that. 2 more years of poor offense and Miles will be canned.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

Out of all the teams Alabama played this year, I knew A&M was going to be the toughest.  They made all of the right adjustments as the season went along and they kept getting better and better.  I don't see Vandy being a huge threat in the SEC next year, I'm saving that designator for South Carolina.  However, I do see A&M being a thorn in Bama's ass in the SEC West.

C.S. Lewis

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
I think we need an 8-team playoff just to end the whiny little bitches' arguments once and for all.

BTW, time to retire this computer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/one-bcs-computer-still-ranks-notre-dame-no-185628284--ncaaf.html
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
I agree with those saying TAMU will be Bama's toughest team to beat in the years to come.  They're the only Texas team in the SEC, and many Texas players want to play for a Texas team if they can help it.  That makes TAMU the premier team in Texas to play for if you want to play against the best.

The only other team in the SEC that enjoys that is Florida.  If a Florida player wants to play for a Florida team in the best league, then UF is it.  Georgia is almost in the same boat, but they just don't have the large pool of players in-state that Texas and Florida do.  I think it's a big advantage for any team who can say "You're from (State), then here's the team to be on if you want to join hands with other players and prove that players from (State) are the best!"

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2013, 11:03:28 AM »
I agree with those saying TAMU will be Bama's toughest team to beat in the years to come.  They're the only Texas team in the SEC, and many Texas players want to play for a Texas team if they can help it.  That makes TAMU the premier team in Texas to play for if you want to play against the best.

The only other team in the SEC that enjoys that is Florida.  If a Florida player wants to play for a Florida team in the best league, then UF is it.  Georgia is almost in the same boat, but they just don't have the large pool of players in-state that Texas and Florida do.  I think it's a big advantage for any team who can say "You're from (State), then here's the team to be on if you want to join hands with other players and prove that players from (State) are the best!"

You are right, but there is only so much room and a large pool of players in Texas and Florida.

Interesting enough, I looked up some rosters...  And wow, you are spot on...  About 97% of A&M's roster is from Texas as is Florida's.  When I looked at AL I was a little surprised to find nearly 85% of theirs from AL (surprised because I didn't realize AL had that much HS football talent) a lot from GA and some from TX and FL.

I think this is why teams like Ole Miss and MS State will never be contenders.  My experience living and growing up in MS then moving to TN really opened my eyes to the difference just these two states take football.  It was fun and people like it in MS, but here in middle TN its an event.  The high school games are crazy.  Broadcast on TV/Radio, packed with fans, people even paint their cars the school colors.  Totally different than MS.  So Ole Miss and State have no talent to choose from.  And I know football is huge in TX and FL so they have tons of talent to choose from.

-Milton Friedman

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »
If MS could keep it's talent in-state it would have some of the best teams in college football.  Of that I cannot be convinced otherwise.  Some of the best pro players in several positions are from MS (Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Brent Favre, etc...).  Problem is they lose most their good players to out-of-state schools.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
I think this is why teams like Ole Miss and MS State will never be contenders.  My experience living and growing up in MS then moving to TN really opened my eyes to the difference just these two states take football. 

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

We'll be alright, and with 2 5-Stars about to commit, our recruiting ranking should be top 10. Also, I don't think A&M was that great of a Juggernaut, seeing as how we were beating them handily until the coach made a boneheaded call in the 4th QTR on his own 39 yard line from the damn shotgun.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322800145

Bama has always had problems with mobile QBs that could also pass. See Cam Newton.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site