Author Topic: Diamondbacks’ broadcaster Mark Grace takes leave of absence after DUI arrest  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Grace just can't seem to stay away from the bottle. He is long time boozer. After he retired from the Diamondbacks I remember seeing him at the park watching the game with his rich buddies, drunk as hell and very loud. :thatsright:

An already chaotic year in the Arizona Diamondbacks television booth added another layer of turmoil on Friday as the team announced color commentator Mark Grace requested and was granted an "indefinite leave of absence to seek personal assistance" after being arrested on DUI charges Thursday night in Scottsdale, AZ.
Grace was arrested by a Scottsdale Police officer at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday night according to Sgt. Mark Clark.
Grace was pulled over near 7200 E. McCormick Parkway for having an expired registration plate displayed on his vehicle. After speaking to Grace and administering standard field-sobriety tests, the officer determined probable cause to arrest Grace for DUI.
He was arrested without incident.
Unfortunately, this is the second DUI arrest for the former Chicago Cubs and Diamondbacks first baseman in the past 15 months. The first occurred back on May 30, 2011, when Grace was pulled over by Scottsdale Police after making an improper right turn and determined to have a blood alcohol content over the state's .08% legal limit. That arrest resulted in the suspension of his license.

The fact that he arrived back in this regrettable position not long after makes it pretty clear there are personal issues and lapses in judgment that need to be addressed. To his credit and the Diamondbacks credit as well, it appears the first steps towards doing so will be traveled quickly, and we ultimately hope successfully.

Linky Dink

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
Man, I hope Grace gets help and sobers up before he hurts himself or others on the road.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Man, I hope Grace gets help and sobers up before he hurts himself or others on the road.

Yea me too. I hate to see someone waste their life, and he has a lot to lose. :thatsright:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

One of the reasons I stopped drinking almost three years ago.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.