Author Topic: Vince Young is out of the NFL and out of money  (Read 2411 times)

Offline BigTex

Vince Young is out of the NFL and out of money
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:51:16 AM »
I normally wouldnt post about something like this, but I never really liked him. He had everything going for him physically and financially and he threw it all away through his own childish behavior. He never even saw it coming because he was coddled from everyone fans, coaches, media, his inside people, ect the whole way until the bottom just dropped out on him.

DALLAS (AP) — Six years after entering the NFL as the third player taken in the draft, Vince Young finds himself without a team and with just a fraction of the money he received from a contract that guaranteed him $26 million.

The question is, where did it all go?

In an increasingly caustic war of words, attorneys have been arguing for months over whether Young is an out-of-control spender who put himself deeply in the hole or simply a victim of inexperienced advisers, one of whom was his own uncle.

Either way, the quarterback whose future seemed unlimited after he led Texas to a Rose Bowl victory in 2006 is now back home in Houston and in a tenuous financial condition.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/QB-Vince-Young-out-of-the-game-and-out-of-money-3874936.php

Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Vince Young is out of the NFL and out of money
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BigTex

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dupree

It happens.

Yeah it definitely happens, I think something like 80% of NFL players end up either going broke or being in financial crisis.

Dupree is a pretty sad story, the ESPN documentary on him is very good.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Yeah it definitely happens, I think something like 80% of NFL players end up either going broke or being in financial crisis.

Dupree is a pretty sad story, the ESPN documentary on him is very good.

That's what he gets for turning down Ole Miss.  :fuelfire:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
That's what he gets for turning down Ole Miss.  :fuelfire:

You weren't in the running.

From wiki: "On February 12, 1982, Dupree announced he would attend Oklahoma instead of the other finalists, Texas, UCLA and Southern Miss."

Now, go try and win an SEC game, will ya.  Let's see:

@ Alabama - nope
Texas A&M - unlikely
Auburn - this might be your chance
@Arkansas - another good chance
@ Georgia - nope, but you live close enough you should go to the game anyway
Vandy - another maybe
@ LSU - nope
Miss State - nope

Good Luck!!

:-)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:54:25 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »
You weren't in the running.

From wiki: "On February 12, 1982, Dupree announced he would attend Oklahoma instead of the other finalists, Texas, UCLA and Southern Miss."

Thats true but he still did turn them down at some point, of course I dont blame him since everyone not named Manning turns them down.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
Now, go try and win an SEC game, will ya.  Let's see:

@ Alabama - Hell no
Texas A&M - Yep
Auburn - Yep
@Arkansas - Yep
@ Georgia - No
Vandy - Yep
@ LSU - No
Miss State - HELL yeah!

Hotty Toddy!!!

:-)

Fixed, mutt.  :stirpot:

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
  Vince Young finds himself.............with just a fraction of the money   

And by extention, why giving "some" people money is like putting it in the toilet. Are you listening Obama.

My wife always asks; "why do you see everything in political terms" ........because it's Obama's fault....... :-)

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne