Author Topic: How about those Bronco's?  (Read 13798 times)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: How about those Bronco's?
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
Bradshaw is rated higher than Staubach. Talk about an overated QB that only won 2 SB while Terry won 4

Romo will never win a SB cause he chokes in Dec and Jan. His record in those two months is 17 wins and 17 losses. Last night was a pathetic showing.

You know, the funny thing is that I can't really remember a quarterback in the 70s that you could truly consider overrated.  Joe Namath comes close but even he lived up to a lot of his hype for a while.  I'll give Staubach his due, the man was one Hell of a QB as well as a human being.

What this infantile pillock is basing his opinion on (other than just being a contrary, punk ass Cowboys fan) amounts to nothing when it contacts reality.  A four time Super Bowl winner?  Both times back to back?  Back to back Super Bowl MVP's?  Overrated?!?  C'mon!  What the Hell do you have to be smoking to come to that conclusion?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »
Don't you just love children when they think they know everything?   Nothing is quite as charming, is it?

:whatever:

The only thing worse is "Cowboys fans" who live in the Philly area.  Ever run into any of these losers when you're up here, wasp? Talk about needing a beat-down . . . know-nothing bandwagoneers, only they don't even have a bandwagon onto which to jump anymore.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
The only thing worse is "Cowboys fans" who live in the Philly area. 

You actually have those up that way?

Ever run into any of these losers when you're up here, wasp?

No, ma'am, I can't say that I have.  The only experience I have had with the fine people of Philadelphia is with the Eagles fans.  I don't hide the fact that I have been a lifelong Steelers fan and that I am a rabid WVU fan (which only matters to the elderly since WVU and Temple really don't play anymore), and have never had a problem.  Quite the opposite, they've been wonderful.

Talk about needing a beat-down . . . know-nothing bandwagoneers, only they don't even have a bandwagon onto which to jump anymore.

:-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
You actually have those up that way?

:-)

^ yes this!   :lol:  Although I can cut some slack and give them the whole state of TX before I call BS on their Boyz "fandom".  I imagine quite a few are now sporting Texans jerseys however   :-)  Steelers - Eagles this Sunday! 
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Steelers - Eagles this Sunday! 

Ah, the Battle of Pennsylvania!  I honestly thought that Super Bowl XXXIX was going to be played between those two.  What a game that would have been.

Ah, well...

C.S. Lewis

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »
You know, the funny thing is that I can't really remember a quarterback in the 70s that you could truly consider overrated.  Joe Namath comes close but even he lived up to a lot of his hype for a while.  I'll give Staubach his due, the man was one Hell of a QB as well as a human being.
What this infantile pillock is basing his opinion on (other than just being a contrary, punk ass Cowboys fan) amounts to nothing when it contacts reality.  A four time Super Bowl winner?  Both times back to back?  Back to back Super Bowl MVP's?  Overrated?!?  C'mon!  What the Hell do you have to be smoking to come to that conclusion?
We know he can read though.

Junior missed some of the best football played in the 50's, 60's and 70's. The QB's for the most part called the plays rather than an offensive coach in the pressbox relaying the call to the coach on the field. Kinda looks looks fruit to me when the coach is hiding his face so the other team can not lip read the call. Same deal with the defensive coach calling the formation. Then there is the face mask the old time QB wore. Not those full/partial ones of today. The QB back then did not have the rules protecting them like today. Pretty boys like Romo and Brady would be missing some teeth. But I am sure none of that is recorded in the stats.    

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
Ah, the Battle of Pennsylvania!  I honestly thought that Super Bowl XXXIX was going to be played between those two.  What a game that would have been.

Ah, well...

Ugh, that Supe makes me ill to this day, McNabb puking during it notwithstanding!  :puke: Stupid Chunky Soup!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »
Then there is the face mask the old time QB wore. Not those full/partial ones of today. The QB back then did not have the rules protecting them like today. Pretty boys like Romo and Brady would be missing some teeth. But I am sure none of that is recorded in the stats.    

Yeah, it's no wonder these QBs can put up the numbers they do.  If you don't have "Mean" Joe Greene or Randy White kicking you in the face, you tend to stay healthier and throw farther. 

After the strike in '82, the game went way downhill.

C.S. Lewis

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
Ugh, that Supe makes me ill to this day, McNabb puking during it notwithstanding!  :puke: Stupid Chunky Soup!  :-)

:lmao:  Yeah, I remember that..

C.S. Lewis

Offline BigTex

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
We know he can read though.

Junior missed some of the best football played in the 50's, 60's and 70's. The QB's for the most part called the plays rather than an offensive coach in the pressbox relaying the call to the coach on the field. Kinda looks looks fruit to me when the coach is hiding his face so the other team can not lip read the call. Same deal with the defensive coach calling the formation. Then there is the face mask the old time QB wore. Not those full/partial ones of today. The QB back then did not have the rules protecting them like today. Pretty boys like Romo and Brady would be missing some teeth. But I am sure none of that is recorded in the stats.   

Oh yes what a feat calling plays that wouldnt even pass for a high school play book today, Terry was such a smart guy what was that saying about him? He couldnt spell cat if you spotted him the "C" and the "A"
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »
You know, Tex, I really don't get into the whole football team pissing contests, but being able to swat your strutting ignorance around was just too much of a temptation.  I truly appreciate the entertaining diversion you have provided.

Oh yes what a feat calling plays that wouldnt even pass for a high school play book today

If that's the case, why didn't Dallas do better?

Terry was such a smart guy what was that saying about him? He couldnt spell cat if you spotted him the "C" and the "A"

Before Super Bowl XIII, a Steelers-Cowboys rematch, Cowboys linebacker Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson famously ridiculed Bradshaw by saying, "He couldn't spell 'Cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'." Bradshaw got his revenge by winning the Most Valuable Player award, completing 17 of 30 passes for a then-record 318 yards and four touchdowns in a 35-31 win. Years later, Henderson, who struggled for years to conquer drug addiction, admitted he was high on cocaine at the time of the interview.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bradshaw

Heh, not bad for a dumbass, huh?

And just what type of guy was "Hollywood"?

In November 1983, Henderson was arrested for smoking cocaine with two teenage girls in California. He was accused of threatening with a gun and sexually assaulting them. He claimed that he gave them drugs in exchange for consensual sex. He pleaded no contest to the charges and served eight months in court-ordered drug rehabilitation as well as two years in prison.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_%22Hollywood%22_Henderson

Ah, I see, one of the predecessors of punkass, coked-out Cowboys that run their mouths better than they play football.  Too bad he couldn't keep his suck muscle shut, he might not have made such a fool of himself.

But at least he had a cool nickname, right?  No Texas team is complete without a coke fiend named "Hollywood", right, Tex?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:49:57 AM by wasp69 »

C.S. Lewis

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:21:49 PM by formerlurker »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
Okay, THAT was epic.

And the Sox STILL suck.  And will continue to do so, Valentine getting fired won't make a shit bit of difference.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline dixierose

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
OMG...that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh formerlurker....I needed it after that horrible game by my Bravos last night.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline BigTex

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »
Oh, now, will ya look at that!!!  30/38, 338 yards, 3 TD's, no picks!

31/44, 345 yards, 3 TDs and no picks this week. Pretty good for an overrated old man with a noodle arm if he only had a defense
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline BigTex

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
If that's the case, why didn't Dallas do better?

better than what? making the playoffs 18 out of 20 years.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »
Now THAT was funny! HAHAHAHAHA! Vick: "Ima kill you Manning." Manning: "Yeah, you'll probably miss and hit a DB instead."   :rotf: (I hate Vick)  Funny as hell!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »
better than what?

Two Super Bowl victories.  And by historical record, Dallas is still Pittsburgh's bitch at 2 to 1 when they've played in the big game.

making the playoffs 18 out of 20 years.

Any idea what "almost" counts for, Tex?

C.S. Lewis