Author Topic: The Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 thread ...  (Read 16968 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

The Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 thread ...
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
I figured since there were a couple of threads made about mediocre teams, I would start one for the best team in NFL history..  :fuelfire:

The schedule this year looks good. With the new players we got and the ones that are staying. I think the Steelers have a chance to get to the Super Bowl again this year.

Sun 9/9: Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sun 9/16: New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 9/23: Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 9/30: BYE

Sun 10/7: Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (FOX)

Thu 10/11: Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans, 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)

Sun 10/21: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sun 10/28: Washington Redskins at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (FOX)

Sun 11/4: Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

Mon 11/12: Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Sun 11/18: Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers, 4:25 p.m. (NBC)

Sun 11/25: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 12/2: Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 12/9: San Diego Chargers at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 12/16: Pittsburgh Steelers at Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 12/23: Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sun 12/30: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:14:03 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 thread ...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
The Steelers beat the Bills 38 - 7 tonight. GO STEELERS !!

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »
Tonight is the first game of the Season. The first victim is Denver. ...

Offline BigTex

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
Tonight is the first game of the Season. The first victim is Denver. ...

Peyton Manning is never a victim.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
Peyton Manning is never a victim.

He isn't doing so hot tonight.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
He isn't doing so hot tonight.

Hes 18 of 23 for 235 yards and 2 TDs thats pretty good IMO
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »
Hes 18 of 23 for 235 yards and 2 TDs thats pretty good IMO

Not matching up to the hype. With all that was flying around, they should be 30 points ahead by now.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
Not matching up to the hype. With all that was flying around, they should be 30 points ahead by now.

Yup its Peyton's fault that fans go crazy.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
Not much of an auspicious start.

0-1.

Is that real grass in Denver? Maybe we should ask "Big Ben"...he spent enough time planted in it tonight.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »
When the Steelers fall apart, they fall apart. Wow. ...

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:37 PM »
Now they are sucking Manning's ass. He is so over rated.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »
That must be difficult with him running around like that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »
Yeah, I mean it's not like he's 3rd on the all time passing list and may hit #2 (or 1) before it's all over, won a record four MVPs, a Super Bowl (MVP there, too), all time Colts leading passer, 11 Pro Bowls, 11 400+ yard seasons, and Colts TD passing leader.

Oh, wait...
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Nugent

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:59 AM »
Sun 9/9: Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Squealers down a peg. I guess I really have no room to talk though... :( (If we had just had 5 more minutes...)

They play the Jets next week. Anyone see what they did today? Sanchez surprised the hell out of me. Steelers could go 0-2. On the other hand, my Pack are going to take the Bears, and deal with them on Thursday. Their logo is basically an under developed handicapped logo. Or at least, it will be when we get done with them.

PS: Pitsburgh isn't the best team in NFL History. The Packers are. Period. There is so much info to back that up, it isn't even funny.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
Would you look at that, Peyton is back. 

The Colts fans are crying in their cocoa this morning.  What fun.

:popcorn:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 01:28:57 AM »
Squealers down a peg. I guess I really have no room to talk though... :( (If we had just had 5 more minutes...)

They play the Jets next week. Anyone see what they did today? Sanchez surprised the hell out of me. Steelers could go 0-2. On the other hand, my Pack are going to take the Bears, and deal with them on Thursday. Their logo is basically an under developed handicapped logo. Or at least, it will be when we get done with them.

PS: Pitsburgh isn't the best team in NFL History. The Packers are. Period. There is so much info to back that up, it isn't even funny.

The Jets played the Bills, so let's not get crazy with the Sanchez amazement.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:30 AM »
The Packers got spanked.   The season just got started.  Lots of football to be had. 

:popcorn:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 01:39:13 AM »

The Bills aren't Cleveland though. They're not the Jaguars. Philly should be embarassed that they just barely edged out the Browns. Same with the Vikings edging out Jacksonville. (although Minnesota sucks ass too) The Bills were a pretty decent team last year, I'd say, and I think that they have pretty good opportunity to do damn good this year. Especially with the addition of Mario Williams on the edge. Also with Fitz learning routes, schemes, and how to get the ball off faster this offseason.

I thought Sanchez would show his horribleness from game 1. I was wrong. I thought Tebow being the starter by week 2, 3, or 4 at the latest was a foregone conclusion, and I KNOW I'm not alone in thinking the latter. I may be wrong on that. He impressed the hell out of me today.

I know I shouldn't get crazy, but I'm calling the Jets for Week 2. Squealers D doesn't look all that great. If Harrison is still out next Sunday, it'll be that much worse.

The Packers got spanked.

8 points ain't a spanking. This is a spanking.

And Matty Ice was POTW, IMO.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:42:07 AM by Revolution »

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »

It is hard to say how they will do with the Jets next week. I know that if they played like they did last night, they will lose. The offensive line just completely shut down. It was pathetic.

And, yes, the Steelers are the best team in NFL history ...  :-)

Manning is so over rated, it isn't funny. With all the hype that was going around him, the Broncos should have won be 30 points.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »

The Jets aren't as great as people think they are. They haven't really done anything since Joe Namath played for them. Of course that was before the AFC and NFC merger.  :rotf:

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »

Manning is so over rated, it isn't funny. With all the hype that was going around him, the Broncos should have won be 30 points.
Yeah, I mean it's not like Peyton Manning's 3rd on the all time passing list and may hit #2 (or 1) before it's all over, won a record four NFL MVPs, a Super Bowl (MVP there, too), all time Colts leading passer, 11 Pro Bowls, 11 400+ yard seasons, and Colts TD passing leader. And, just last night, made it ino the 400 TD club.
Oh, wait...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:26:55 AM by Jasonw560 »
-Aristotle

Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
Philly should be embarassed that they just barely edged out the Browns.

Yes, they freaking should!!!  :rant:  And Vick is going to end up in a wheelchair next weekend if the O-line plays that way against the Ravens . . .  the rook better be ready . . .

McCoy gets 110 yards rushing with 30 removed for offensive line penalties, on 20 carries.  Vick throws 56 passes and 4 picks, damnit!!  Why won't they freaking run the freaking ball????  McCoy is one of the top 5 running backs currently in the NFL and they give him the ball only 20 times????  And, what was it, 12 penalties?  How many on the offensive line for holding??  That's disgusting and embarrassing. And it's because they're getting beaten!  I love Brent Celek and he's a great tight end but he can't be utilized properly because he has to BLOCK on almost every play because Vick is getting killed back there.

Sorry for the rant, guys, but I don't consider yesterday a win  :mad:

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline dixierose

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »
Manning and the Broncos play my Dirty Birds next Monday. I like Peyton...I think he's one of the greatest ever (behind Montana and Marino); but I can't root for him next week.

Go Matty Ice!!
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »
Yeah, I mean it's not like Peyton Manning's 3rd on the all time passing list and may hit #2 (or 1) before it's all over, won a record four NFL MVPs, a Super Bowl (MVP there, too), all time Colts leading passer, 11 Pro Bowls, 11 400+ yard seasons, and Colts TD passing leader. And, just last night, made it ino the 400 TD club.
Oh, wait...

Ben Roethlisberger

[snip]

PRO (114-113/14-14): Signed an eight-year contract during the 2008 offseason to keep him with the team through 2015…in eight seasons he has led the Steelers to four division titles, three AFC Championships and two Super Bowl victories, becoming the second-youngest quarterback to win his second Super Bowl (Tom Brady)…holds the career franchise records in numerous passing categories, including passer rating (92.1), completion percentage (63.1), yards per attempt (8.0), completions (2,090), most 300-yard passing games (20) and most 3,000-yard passing seasons (6)…also holds two records for career postseason passing, which are completion percentage (61.3) and passer rating (84.5)…holds many of the single-season passing records for the Steelers including completions (337 in ‘09), touchdown passes (32 in ‘07), passer rating (104.1 in ‘07), completion percentage (66.6 in 2009) and passing yards (4,328 in ‘09)…holds the Steelers single-game records for most passing yards (503, 12/20/09 vs. GB), completions (38, 11/5/06 vs. Den), completion percentage (85.7, 11/26/07 vs. Mia) and is tied for the most touchdown passes (5), which he has done twice in his career (11/5/07 vs. Bal and 10/9/11 vs. Ten)…has earned two trips to the Pro Bowl (after the 2007 and 2011 seasons)…became just the fourth quarterback who began their career in the Super Bowl era to reach 80 wins in 113 or fewer starts…became the first QB in franchise history to throw for more than 300 yards in three consecutive games (7-9 in 2011)…reached 25,000 passing yards in 3,109 passes, which is the second-fastest in NFL history (Kurt Warner 3,076)…is only the second quarterback in team history (Terry Bradshaw, 111) to reach 75 career regular-season wins…reached 3,000 pass attempts for his career, becoming only the second quarterback in team history to do so (Bradshaw 3,901) and surpassed 150 touchdown passes to become only the second quarterback in Steelers’ history (Terry Bradshaw) to reach 150…has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week nine times in his career (Weeks 5 and 8 in ‘11, Week 17 in ‘10, Week 15 in ’09, Week 5 in ’08, Weeks 10 and 16 in ’07, Week 5 in ’06 and Week 6 in ’04) while being voted the FedEx Air Player of the Week five times (Week 8 in ’11, Week 5 in ’08, Weeks 9 and 16 in ’07, Week 5 in ’06)…earned “The Chief Award” from the Pro Football Writers’ Association in 2010…earned Sunday ESPN NFL Primetime Game Ball honors for the Wild Card, Divisional and AFC Championship Games in 2005…named Offensive Rookie of the Year by the AP, Sports Illustrated, Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, the Pro Football Writers Association, Football Digest and Pepsi, won the Joe Greene Great Performance Award given annually to the Steelers’ top rookie, named to Pro Football Weekly’s and the Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie Team, named Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Weeks 3-6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 16), NFL Rookie of the Month (October) and AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Week 6) all in 2004…originally drafted by the Steelers in the first round (11th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft.

[/snip]

Manning is over rated.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
Somewhat off topic, but has anyone seen the new Xfinity (Comcast) commercial with Brian Urlacher explaining on a chalkboard the difference between DirectTV's service rate hikes, etc. and what Xfinity offers.  Then the 3 little flying football players from the DirectTV commercial (the Mannings and Deion Sanders) come flying by and Urlacher smooshes them against the chalkboard and calls them Pixies -- I about choked, that was so funny!   :rotf:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail