Author Topic: New England Patriots 2012 Season Thread  (Read 24131 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Re: New England Patriots 2012 Season Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »

Sure, one of the greatest... :sarcasm:

Personally, I like this picture:

:fuelfire:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Personally, I like this picture:

:fuelfire:

HIGH-****IN-5 !!!   :fuelfire:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »

Sure, one of the greatest... :sarcasm:

He is one of the greatest, and if he wins another SB he will be the greatest. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »

Or he could lose two more to tie Jim Kelly for SB losses...  :fuelfire:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
All seriousness, I am still a little upset at the Pats for the way dropped Bledsoe.

Um.  What?  

Mo Lewis is a freakin hero here.  

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
Or he could lose two more to tie Jim Kelly for SB losses...  :fuelfire:

Doesn't negate his wins and MVPs. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »
500 sheets per roll.

I swear to God don't be surprised if I pop up to NH one of these Sundays to catch you with the full head to toe Patriots gear on.... I'll have the camera ready.  Wait for it.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »
:lol:
I atually don't care for Brady. He comes off as arrogant!!!

Arrogant?  Brady?

:rofl:

He turned into a pansy.  Then he finally cut his damn hair.   The jury is still out, but I actually have high hopes for this season.   

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
Um.  What?  

Mo Lewis is a freakin hero here.  

The way they dumped Drew Bledsoe. Brady came in and they dropped Bledsoe like a canker sore. I understand not needing two good QB's, but with what Bledsoe did for the team. You would think that they would handle it better than they did.

New England only won three super bowls. Steelers won six  :fuelfire:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »

And all that stands in his way, all that has stood in his way, is Eli Manning.  Baby brother.

Oh, that's gotta SUCK....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »
The way they dumped Drew Bledsoe. Brady came in and they dropped Bledsoe like a canker sore. I understand not needing two good QB's, but with what Bledsoe did for the team. You would think that they would handle it better than they did.

What did Bledsoe do for the team?  I must have been sleeping that year. 

New England only won three super bowls. Steelers won six  :fuelfire:

With the same QB?  in the same decade?   :yawn:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 04:10:31 AM »
And all that stands in his way, all that has stood in his way, is Eli Manning.  Baby brother.

Oh, that's gotta SUCK....

You sniffing some serious crack if you equate those Giant wins to Eli.    The difference between Brady and Eli is that Brady actually earned his MVPs.  

Hey, I have been less than pleased with his dedication to the game since he met Yoko Ono jr., but I won't deny him the accolades he has earned and deserves.  

Eli Manning is no Tom Brady.   Lipstick, pig and all that.  Hell, Eli isn't even his brother when you are talking talent.  

It was two great Giants teams that won those SBs.    Claiming anything else is revisionist history.   Period.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »
You sniffing some serious crack if you equate those Giant wins to Eli.    The difference between Brady and Eli is that Brady actually earned his MVPs.  

Hey, I have been less than pleased with his dedication to the game since he met Yoko Ono jr., but I won't deny him the accolades he has earned and deserves.  

Eli Manning is no Tom Brady.   Lipstick, pig and all that.  Hell, Eli isn't even his brother when you are talking talent.  

It was two great Giants teams that won those SBs.    Claiming anything else is revisionist history.   Period.

Its funny that the whole world gives Eli no credit. My sons blog  http://www.giants101.com/ has a weekly "poor Eli" column thats quotes all the newscasters bashing Eli no matter what his numbers are! By the way his numbers are almost always on par or above all the "best quarterbacks" in the league.
All one has to do is to go to Giants training camp in Albany and watch Eli with his receivers and see his work ethic to understand why he should be recognized as one of the best. I do and I am a big Eli fan. Got a few autographed footballs too!   One more Superbowl MVP to tie Joe Montana! That's elite! Coming up!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:44:58 AM by catsmtrods »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 04:57:15 AM »
Its funny that the whole world gives Eli no credit. My sons blog  http://www.giants101.com/ has a weekly "poor Eli" column thats quotes all the newscasters bashing Eli no matter what his numbers are! By the way his numbers are almost always on par or above all the "best quarterbacks" in the league.
All one has to do is to go to Giants training camp in Albany and watch Eli with his receivers and see his work ethic to understand why he should be recognized as one of the best. I do and I am a big Eli fan. Got a few autographed footballs too!   One more Superbowl MVP to tie Joe Montana! That's elite! Coming up!

I watched the games.   The first SB win was a sub-par pathetic performance by a QB.   Harrison swats the ball away, and Samuel doesn't drop the ball and Eli is a loser.    Giants defense won that game hands down and deserved the MVP.

The last SB?   Eli played well, but Peyton well?   no.  Sorry.  I am going to need vats of Koolaid to believe that nonsense.    I loathe all things Manning, but will be the first to tell you Peyton Manning is an extremely talented QB.   His brother doesn't rank in that level of talent.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »

So you saying you're gonna take those rings away from Eli?  Okay, let me know how that goes.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »

The first four, yes.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
So you saying you're gonna take those rings away from Eli?  Okay, let me know how that goes.

Where did I even infer that?

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
What did Bledsoe do for the team?  I must have been sleeping that year. 

I hear they threw Drew in the Mosh pit at the FoxyLady and they threw him back! :rotf: 

But seriously folk I'll be here all week.  Remember, be kind to the waitstaff. :rimshot:

I had a rabid Pats fan co worker years ago who would tell ya,  "Grogan 'll get 'em next week",  every Monday morning.  I almost made him cry ( ok, maybe I did make him cry) when I told him Bledsoe was a hack who probably wore women's linen and that Flute at half his size would always be twice the qb.  He was so upset he wouldn't speak to me for weeks. :rotf:  Which was not all that great a loss.

And I mean how can you still support a team which goes 16-0 in the regular season?     :sarcasm:  How many teams out there can claim that?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The Patriots started their season with a 38-14 victory at Giants Stadium Sept. 9. Last night, 112 days later, they ended it with a win at Giants Stadium, perfect symmetry for a perfect regular season.

By dispatching the New York Giants, 38-35, the Patriots produced the first 16-0 regular season in NFL history - the league switched to 16 games in 1978 - and became just the fourth team in league history to go through the regular season undefeated, joining the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 04:02:32 PM »
Hi guys!  I never come into the Sports section.  But, do you know this guy, Trevor Scott of the New England Patriots?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Scott

He's my nephew-in-law.  (My husband's nephew).  That's all.   :cheersmate:

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
I watched the games.   The first SB win was a sub-par pathetic performance by a QB.   Harrison swats the ball away, and Samuel doesn't drop the ball and Eli is a loser.    Giants defense won that game hands down and deserved the MVP.

The last SB?   Eli played well, but Peyton well?   no.  Sorry.  I am going to need vats of Koolaid to believe that nonsense.    I loathe all things Manning, but will be the first to tell you Peyton Manning is an extremely talented QB.   His brother doesn't rank in that level of talent.  

Sorry I had to let my son respond to your Eli hatred. Here it is. Hold on!

The "what if" this and "what if" that mentality spreads like wildfire. If Steve Smith doesn't drop a pass early in the game, resulting in an interception, the Giants go in for a score then and don't need the miraculous comeback, led by their now two-time Super Bowl MVP. If David Tyree, who saves himself at a later point on his helmet catch, doesn't run the wrong route on that final drive, your "what if" scenario doesn't happen either.

Playing the "what if" card is really pointless when it comes to these kind of debates. What if a UFO hovered over the stadium and anally probed Tom Brady? What if Bill Belichick hadn't been caught cheating and was filming the Giants' practices the week prior?

The focus is on what was. And in Super Bowl XLII, what was, was Eli Manning leading his team down the field in crunch time, connecting with Plaxico Burress for the game-winning score ... defeating the then undefeated New England Patriots.

Bottom line? That's cold hard facts, baby. And nothing that can be disputed.

Moving on, in Super Bowl XLVI, Eli did outplay Peyton in comparison to his previous Super Bowl appearance. Moreover, I'm not saying Eli is a better player than Peyton historically, but I am saying he's a more clutch quarterback than Peyton ... and the numbers back that up.

First, let's take a look at the 2001 regular season and the numbers.

On 88.5% of his dropbacks (minimum 100 dropbacks), Manning escaped pressure - giving him the highest escape rate in the NFL.

Eli was under pressure 220 times, more than any other QB in the league by 15 pressures. He led the NFL in completion percentage under those pressures.

And the records set by Eli in 2011? Where to begin?
Most 4th quarter touchdowns in a single season (15) in NFL history. Most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219) in NFL history. Most road playoff wins (7) in NFL history. And the 6th most passing yards (4,933) in a single season in NFL history.

The last one, by the way, is more yards than Peyton has ever thrown for.

Finally, Super Bowl XLVI and MVP #2.

Manning starts the games with the most completions (9) in NFL history, and ends the day 30 of 40 for no turnovers.

Oh, and lest we not forget that throw to Mario Manningham on the last drive. Words can't do it justice...just watch the tape. It is one of the greatest throws by any quarterback in recent memory.

So, really? Koolaid? Someone is drinking something, but it's not Koolaid. It's bitter hateraid.

Easy-E is the most dominating clutch quarterback in NFL history and under pressure, and that's not just because I say so ... it's because the numbers say so.
Change 2001 to 2011. That was a typo
And here's a correction to this section:

Manning starts the games with the most consecutive completions (9) in NFL history, and ends the day 30 of 40 with no turnovers.
Chat Conversation End

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:00:36 PM by catsmtrods »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
And I know this is gonna be spun by FL, but here goes:

How'd that pillow fight--whoops, GAME--last night go?  And don't tell me it doesn't count because it's preseason, or that most of the starters sat out, etc....

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
And I know this is gonna be spun by FL, but here goes:

How'd that pillow fight--whoops, GAME--last night go?  And don't tell me it doesn't count because it's preseason, or that most of the starters sat out, etc....

That was a snooze fest.  I didn't even watch the end.  How did it turn out?  It was tied when I switched off with about three minutes left in the fourth. :whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »

Joe Montana is 4-0 in Superbowls as is Terry Bradshaw. Last I checked, Brady is 3-2. I'd hold your talk about Brady being "greatest". Peyton Manning has better numbers than Tom Brady. A Superbowl isn't a singular award.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »
Last night was a punting contest!

~ Dr. William Pierce

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
Last night was a punting contest!

I'd like to buy you son a beer, or two, or three!!!!!  :cheersmate:

I'm an Ole Miss fan and have followed Eli for over a decade. I made the Giants my 2nd team after he arrived there but Ole Miss and the Giants seem to have had a connection with one another dating back to the Chuck Conerly days. I'm a Saints fan first though.

The Pats seem to also love our little running backs.

BTW, that means 3 championships were quarterbacked by 2 Ole Miss QBs.  :-)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:43:51 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site