Author Topic: Tyrann Mathieu "The Honey Badger" kicked off LSU team  (Read 7448 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Tyrann Mathieu "The Honey Badger" kicked off LSU team
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
Agreed.   Dungy was a bit a failure in the parenting department.

As opposed to, say, Andy Reid?  Marv Marinovich?  Hey, at least he WAS a father, which is more than I can say for most pro athletes.  Need we go on?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 09:06:25 AM »
As opposed to, say, Andy Reid?  Marv Marinovich?  Hey, at least he WAS a father, which is more than I can say for most pro athletes.  Need we go on?

I am not the one placing him on a role model pedestal.   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
Well, I'm glad FL and Big Tex had excellent little snowflakes for kids seeing as how everything a kid does is directly the fault of the parent. My parents did the best job they could. Didn't mean I didn't get into trouble. Does that mean my parents failed? How about H.W. Bush? GW wasn't exactly a stellar young adult. How about GW? Jenna and Barbara seemed to like to party.

Think before you start throwing ****ing stones while perched in your glass houses. Dungy is a helluva guy.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BigTex

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
Well, I'm glad FL and Big Tex had excellent little snowflakes for kids seeing as how everything a kid does is directly the fault of the parent. My parents did the best job they could. Didn't mean I didn't get into trouble. Does that mean my parents failed? How about H.W. Bush? GW wasn't exactly a stellar young adult. How about GW? Jenna and Barbara seemed to like to party.

Think before you start throwing ****ing stones while perched in your glass houses. Dungy is a helluva guy.

My point is that Dungy's kid specifically had a drug problem and Dungy couldnt help him so why can he help Mathieu with his drug problem? Dungy's kid ODed 2 months before his suicide, that was a cry for help and no one even noticed. After the suicide everyone (friends/gf/ect) claimed that he was such a happy guy and they didnt see it coming like that OD had just never happened.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:14:00 AM by BigTex »
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

You know him personally? 

You placed him on a pedestal that quite frankly he doesn't deserve in my opinion.    What troubled players has he rehabbed/turned around?   

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
You know him personally?  

You placed him on a pedestal that quite frankly he doesn't deserve in my opinion.    What troubled players has he rehabbed/turned around?  

What a dumb ass post.

Many parents do the best they can to steer their kids in the right direction. However, in the long run, it is the kid's decision to take the wrong or right road. Even the strictest and or good parents fail in their attempt to keep their kids away from drugs. I think Art Linkletter is a fine example. Evidently you know little about addiction. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:50:00 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »
What a dumb ass post.

Many parents do the best they can to steer their kids in the right direction. However, in the long run, it is the kid's decision to take the wrong or right road. Even the strictest and or good parents fail in their attempt to keep their kids away from drugs. I think Art Linkletter is a fine example. Evidently you know little about addiction.  

This. I've honestly never seen anyone badmouth Tony Dungy. Complete class act in all aspects.

EDIT: well, until this thread.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BigTex

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »
This. I've honestly never seen anyone badmouth Tony Dungy. Complete class act in all aspects.

EDIT: well, until this thread.

Saying he is a good role model but a bad choice for a mentor is bad mouthing him?  
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers