Author Topic: The SEC  (Read 14850 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: The SEC
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
I'd just like to say "Welcome to the SEC" to Texas A&M and Missouri.

The Aggies came in knowing they had a fight on their hands, and played a hell of a game.

Missouri was boasting they were going to compete for the SEC-East this year. I think UGA just disabused them of that thought.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2012, 12:48:56 AM »
ugh going to be another long season, TAMU was dominating in the 1st half but then came out flat in the 2nd half just like a lot of losses last year.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
I'd just like to say "Welcome to the SEC" to Texas A&M and Missouri.

Both of them had a good first showing, A&M a little more than Mizzou.  Both teams are going to have to shore up their defense and depth big time.  A&M should be able to catch-up more quickly with all the talent in Texas.  Mizzou will take longer.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Both of them had a good first showing, A&M a little more than Mizzou.  Both teams are going to have to shore up their defense and depth big time.  A&M should be able to catch-up more quickly with all the talent in Texas.  Mizzou will take longer.

Too bad you don't have me added on FB. You could see all the gems I've been posting.  :stirpot:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BigTex

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
there aint nothing to this SEC thing

Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »
there aint nothing to this SEC thing

If TAMU had it all figured out, they'd be 7-0 in conference.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »
If TAMU had it all figured out, they'd be 7-0 in conference.

They do have it all figured out everything except how to hold on to a lead, thats been their problem for a few years now.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
Looks like there will be no SEC team in the BCS Championship this year  :(

BUT...Oregon still has to play USC (which I think they can beat) and Kansas St. still has to play Texas. If one of those lose, Bama is back in it.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
Looks like there will be no SEC team in the BCS Championship this year  :(

BUT...Oregon still has to play USC (which I think they can beat) and Kansas St. still has to play Texas. If one of those lose, Bama is back in it.

Correction: Looks like there could be two SEC teams in the NC this year. If ND goes down, UF, Bama, and UGA win out, the NC will consist of UF vs the winner of the SEC CG.  Then the rest of the nation will be... :overreaction:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
Correction: Looks like there could be two SEC teams in the NC this year. If ND goes down, UF, Bama, and UGA win out, the NC will consist of UF vs the winner of the SEC CG.  Then the rest of the nation will be... :overreaction:

That ain't happening.  UF will lose to FSU because UF has no offence.  Bama beats Auburn and UGA.  ND beats USC with So. Cal being the most overrated team I've seen in long, long time.

I've got to go with Bama vs. ND in Miami with Bama winning it all.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »
That ain't happening.  UF will lose to FSU because UF has no offence.  Bama beats Auburn and UGA.  ND beats USC with So. Cal being the most overrated team I've seen in long, long time.

I've got to go with Bama vs. ND in Miami with Bama winning it all.

I think you're right about Florida, but I think UGA can take Bama and think USC has a good chance to beat ND.

Oh, and I'll remove my avatar after the Egg Bowl.  :fuelfire: