Author Topic: The SEC  (Read 14851 times)

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: The SEC
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
Don't know about College Station being the wealthiest. From what I read about your endowment, that's A&M systemwide. It's also about how much of that goes into the football program. The Vols and Bama fans are freakish in giving.

With Hyman as AD, I'm expecting some serious upgrades in football spending and facilities. If we can get a little success, the alumni checkbooks will open wide as well. I'm expecting a 6-6 or 7-5 season this year, but, in 4-5 years, we should be competing for the West.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
That's some wishful thinking. LSU and Bama are two juggernauts that aren't going away. Satan will be at UA until he retires. I swear, I think he sold his soul to the devil. After 2 years, they were competing for the SEC, after 3, they won the NC. He went pro and couldn't do shit (neither could Spurrier). Came to Bama. After 2 years, competing for the SEC. After 3, won the NC. He could tell Bama he wanted 8 mil a year and they'd break their legs getting it to him and then ask him if he needed a pedicure. It was always assumed Miles first NC was with Saban players. His second still with Saban players. He'll be gone in the next 3-4 years.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
Welcome aboard. Always thought the Aggies would be a good fit. I seriously did not want Mizzou. UNC would have been a better fit.

UNC would have been a horrible fit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
UNC would have been a horrible fit.

They're a southern flagship.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »
I wouldn't have minded having Virginia Tech. Agree with you on Mizzou too. I have no personal animosity toward the Tigers, but I think they would've been better suited for the Big 10. Had the B1G offered, I think that they would've gone there instead.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
BTW, I think Sumlin will do fine with his offense. He probably needs to get a damn good, SEC-minded DC, if he doesn't already have one.

We hired Mark Snyder from USF as DC. We've had coaching problems as well. Franchione was a complete abortion. Strangely though, I think that history will judge Sherman favorably. He didn't get it done himself, but he left us structurally sound with some excellent recruits. Sumlin's not walking into a bare cupboard. Sherman, being an offensive guy, loaded us up at the skill positions at the expense of defense. Sumlin and his staff will have to rectify that if we expect to be competitive. The SEC has 3rd string DLs that would be starting anywhere else in the country, so we've got some catching up to do in that area.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
They're a southern flagship.

They don't view themselves as southern. They'd be crying to leave in under a decade because they'd be Vandy's bitch every year, not to mention UT, UF, USC, etc.

Miami or FSU would be a better fit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
They don't view themselves as southern. They'd be crying to leave in under a decade because they'd be Vandy's bitch every year, not to mention UT, UF, USC, etc.

Miami or FSU would be a better fit.

Miami, HELL no! FSU, we already have Florida wrapped up in recruiting. Even Ole Miss gets a ton of players from there. It's about expanding territory, within reason. Mizzou isn't a reason.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
NC State then.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Gotta tell ya Tantal, you guys are doing it right. From reading these IDIOT Mizzou fans on ESPN's board, these fools think they'll be in the SEC-CG next year. Now, refresh my memory, how many times did they actually "compete" for the B12? I look forward to their beat down. I wanna see tears when UF, UGA, and USC dominate their asses. Most Aggies understand there's gonna be a learning curve. There's a reason the SEC has 8 NC's in the BCS era. These assholes think they're gonna run roughshod over the SEC-E, and you as you're their partner? LMAO! BTW, when I say partner, I mean your one OOD team. Ours is Vandy.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »
ALL of their hopes are on this one #1 HIGH school WR they recruited. Yeah, we have DB's that can match his speed.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
I welcome A&M; but I don't think Mizzou is a good fit either.

BTW...I'm sure y'all heard about my Bulldogs' "prized" running back (Isaiah Crowell)getting kicked off the team for getting arrested for possession of an illegal firearm. He just threw his entire career away. I don't understand how some of these college kids can be so dumb.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »
NC State then.

Leave my puppy pack alone and out of this SEC masturbation thread.

Take Dook, every conference should have a campus from New Jersey State University.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »
ALL of their hopes are on this one #1 HIGH school WR they recruited. Yeah, we have DB's that can match his speed.

A top-notch receiver is nice to have, but he doesn't do the team much good if the O-line folds like a Wal-Mart lawn chair and the QB is being gang-raped 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

The best that I'm hoping for is 4th in the West this year, but I'm not holding my breath either.  6-6 (2-6 in conference) is not beyond the realm of possibility; however, I think that we'll jump up and beat a team or two that we were expected to lose to (Mizzou, Florida, Arky, or Auburn). Florida has great D, but no O. Arky has great O, but no D. As for Auburn, I'm just not overly impressed with Chizik, post-Newton. They beat Utah State by the skin of their teeth last year, so I'd definitely put them in the "toss-up" category for us.

Best case: 8-4
Worst case: 6-6

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 11:24:28 PM »
From reading these IDIOT Mizzou fans on ESPN's board, these fools think they'll be in the SEC-CG next year.

I don't know. SC looks tough, especially with Lattimore coming back, but they're not completely unbeatable. Same goes for Florida with their lack of an offense. Although Georgia may have a slight edge, that one could go either way as well. Tennessee, Vandy, and Kentucky are down as of late. I see the east as being fairly wide-open. I wouldn't necessarily pick Mizzou to win it, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Now, if we could only have a TAMU/Mizzou title game. That would be awesome, but it ain't happening.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 11:42:03 PM »

BTW...I'm sure y'all heard about my Bulldogs' "prized" running back (Isaiah Crowell)getting kicked off the team for getting arrested for possession of an illegal firearm.

Steve Spurrier may be on to something. He once said "I prefer to play Georgia early in the season because they've usually got a few key players on suspension."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »
Tantal, there is absolutely no way in hell Mizzou gets into the CG. The only way that would happen is if all teams in the east forfeit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »
I don't know. SC looks tough, especially with Lattimore coming back, but they're not completely unbeatable. Same goes for Florida with their lack of an offense. Although Georgia may have a slight edge, that one could go either way as well. Tennessee, Vandy, and Kentucky are down as of late. I see the east as being fairly wide-open. I wouldn't necessarily pick Mizzou to win it, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Now, if we could only have a TAMU/Mizzou title game. That would be awesome, but it ain't happening.

BTW, can't wait for you two to get into the SEC. We'll have this discussion after this season. Something tells me you'll have a greater respect for the SEC. Mizzou having a chance? Yeah, like no chance in hell. They could barely compete in the 12, and they're gonna beat UGA or SC? Hell, let's talk about SC, our little expansion team that had a Heisman contender in the 80's by the name of George Rogers. They were a JOKE in the SEC until The Visor came along. They used to be one of the guaranteed wins like UK, Vandy, or MSU. Ole Miss sucks now, but we're up and down. We were never one of those teams that were ALWAYS down. They win the East, I'll send you a 200 gift certificate to your nearest Fogo de Chao. They have one recruit they're putting their money on. Well, a WR isn't like a RB in that he can't be everything as someone has to get the ball to him. A RB can, see Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, Trent Richardson or Mark Ingram, etc. but the latter two had a good QB and I don't even know why I'm putting them in the same category with the first two. Also, Lattimore is a f'n beast. I've tried to discount him SO many times. He's the real deal. Dumbass Crowell is gone from UGA, but in the SEC, there's always a 4-5 star player in waiting. I welcome you guys, but don't come cocky. If you could barely compete in the 12, don't act like you're going to come in and start dominating. The SEC is the closest you'll get to the NFL without being in the NFL. A 4.4/40 WR? We have DBs that run a 4.3, 5'10" and can vertical 7'2". Like I said, I think A&M is better equipped, and I don't see the arrogance I see like I do with Mizzou fans, but when you say Mizzou could win the SEC-E because of this and that, A) you don't know SEC ball, and B) you don't really respect the conference you're getting in to. Enjoy the Grove. Even though you'll probably win, it'll be an experience you'll never forget. We're undefeated in tailgating.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:07 AM »
Easy there, Reb. I just said that the East looked open this year. SC and Georgia are the two best teams, but they're not necessarily "dominant" like LSU or 'Bama. Now, I'm not saying that Mizzou fans have any reason to be cocky, but this is the weakest the SEC East has looked in a while. The West OTOH is brutal. LSU/Bama (dominant). Arky could take the title in any other conference. Auburn (good, but by no means great). Same for State. Unfortunately, Ole Miss seems to be bringing up the rear this year, but maybe Freeze can get it turned around somewhat.

The major impact that the SEC is having at Texas A&M is recruiting. We're getting recruits that we wouldn't have dreamed of before. They all say the same thing...."I want to play the best....and the best are in the SEC." It'll even diminish the power of Texas and OU because D/FW recruits will look at us harder. QB is iffy for us right now. Not saying he sucks, but he's unproven. We're loaded at RB and WR. DB's? Meh. LB's? Pretty good. DL? Huge weakness in the SEC. I can only hope that Kingsbury can turn these games into a track meet in which our opponents have to score 50+ to beat us.

As for tailgating, I'd love to make it to Oxford, but it won't be for a while. Never been there before, but I hear that the "talent" at Ole Miss is second to none. We need to revisit this discussion on October 6th. Seriously, though. Sign up at Texags!

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
Tantal, there is absolutely no way in hell Mizzou gets into the CG. The only way that would happen is if all teams in the east forfeit.
Not really. They only need Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia to forfeit. I think Mizzou will handle Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vandy pretty well.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2012, 10:39:39 AM »
1st coaches poll out today, lots of SEC

1. LSU
2. Alabama
6. Georgia
9. South Carolina
10 Arkansas
25. Auburn
30. Texas A&M
43. Missouri
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
1st coaches poll out today, lots of SEC

1. LSU
2. Alabama
6. Georgia
9. South Carolina
10 Arkansas
25. Auburn
30. Texas A&M
43. Missouri

You forgot Florida at #23

Offline BigTex

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
You forgot Florida at #23

I did, you cant blame me though its so easy to forget them these days :)
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
I did, you cant blame me though its so easy to forget them these days :)

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »

Welcome to the SEC, Mizzou and A&M. Mizzou fans, you might want to reconsider the thought, "We're gonna dominate the SEC-E!". It would save you some humiliation.