Author Topic: The SEC  (Read 14853 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: The SEC
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »
Speed isn't concentrated in the SEC. Defensive speed, however, is. Sure, there are fast DBS all over the nation. Can they keep up with a Mark Ingram? No. A Julio Jones? No. A Trent Richardson? No. Big-12 defenses lack speed. You'll understand that next year. I'm doing nothing but pissing in the wind and expecting it not to hit me now as you've never played an SEC schedule. You guys will succeed. I don't think Mizzou will. They will if they conform. There's a reason the SEC has the last 6 BCS NC's. Hey, I'd LOVE for a good military-minded school like A&M to get it. Just don't look at the teams 'Bama looks at as a win as a win for you. Tech beat Texas, lost to OU a few years back. Went 1 loss. We DOMINATED them and we were just above average in the SEC. That was our year with NFL players John and Peria Jerry, Michael Oher, and Dexter McCluster. There are more in the NFL, but it's late and I can't remember.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
Speed isn't concentrated in the SEC. Defensive speed, however, is. Sure, there are fast DBS all over the nation. Can they keep up with a Mark Ingram? No. A Julio Jones? No. A Trent Richardson? No. Big-12 defenses lack speed.

We've got the same speed that SEC teams have on defense, it's just that our 4.4 guys weigh 180 while yours weigh 205. The issue is getting the weight on our guys and still maintaining that speed. The speed is the same, the SIZE and STRENGTH at that speed is not.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
205? Our DE's are pushing 300. Scout has 5-star Channing Ward's one weakness, coming to Ole Miss next season, as being small. He's 6'4", 270.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
The SEC's defensive size is Ike Wisconsin's offensive size. You're in luck. You just opened up a whole new recruiting region. You do have a few 5-stars though. Hell, this is the best move the Aggies ever made. I hope you send those hippies back to Austin crying.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »
The SEC's defensive size is Ike Wisconsin's offensive size.
I know. I'm telling you, we're just as fast, we're just smaller on defense. We've got smaller fast guys. SEC defenses are equally fast, but alot bigger.

Hell, this is the best move the Aggies ever made. I hope you send those hippies back to Austin crying.
To be honest, I couldn't give a shit less what happens to the Taco Meat 12 anymore. I'll probably still have to pull for the Frogs though, just because Mrs. Tantal is an alum.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »
You'll get a lot more money for your program, that's for sure. We share everything in the SEC. No Tsips channel here.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »
You'll get a lot more money for your program, that's for sure. We share everything in the SEC. No Tsips channel here.
Which is why the SEC doesn't "realign", they just expand. Everybody wants in, nobody wants out. Just wait though. Eventually Texas will come knocking. They'll "offer" to come to the SEC on the condition that we fire Slive and let Deloss Dodds be the league commissioner. If they ever try, remember, the common theme in all of Texas' failed relationships (Arky, Colorado, Nebraska, TAMU, and Mizzou) is Texas. They are the Terrell Owens of college football.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
Which is why the SEC doesn't "realign", they just expand. Everybody wants in, nobody wants out. Just wait though. Eventually Texas will come knocking. They'll "offer" to come to the SEC on the condition that we fire Slive and let Deloss Dodds be the league commissioner. If they ever try, remember, the common theme in all of Texas' failed relationships (Arky, Colorado, Nebraska, TAMU, and Mizzou) is Texas. They are the Terrell Owens of college football.

We don't want Texas. Trust me. I know someone that works for the SEC and Texas was NEVER a consideration. As for the SEC, you're right. Unless I'm mistaken, we're the only conference with no buyout clause. You wanna leave, leave. You will be replaced. The SEC will NEVER bow to the Tsips. With you guys, we have our footprint and you actually wanted to come. Texas is the reason the Big-12 pretty much fell apart. They're assholes who think their shit doesn't stink. The SEC has been around for over 80 years. We don't need that shit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
Hell, look at why a conference championship and 12-team conference came from. The SEC. There's a special on ESPN about "the game that changed college football" or something like that.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
Btw, if you look at what the SEC goes after, last expansion with USC and Arkansas, and this one, they're all flagship universities. A&M is a flagship as is Mizzou, those yankee f'ers. It's why if they branch out to NC they'll pick UNC over NC State. UVA over Va Tech. Only non-flagships are charter members, Vandy, Ms State, Auburn.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »
Only non-flagships are charter members, Vandy, Ms State, Auburn.
Actually, Texas is large enough to have 2 flagships, Texas A&M and Texas.....both with over 50,000 undergrads. The rest, Texas Tech (academic cesspool), TCU, Baylor, etc.....are content to swing from U.T.'s nuts in exchange for being in an A.Q. conference. If you'll recall, Kenneth Starr (Baylor President) actually threatened to sue the SEC for inviting us to join. There was some political shenanigans involved in getting Baylor into the Taco Meat 12 to begin with (big time Baylor alums, including then-Governor Ann Richards). RG3 notwithstanding, Baylor should not be in an A.Q. conference. You may have never been to Texas or visited either campus, but we're polar opposites both culturally and politically. Texas A&M will fit in well in the SEC. Texas would be better off in the PAC-whatever. They're the university version of DU. Texas A&M OTOH is primarily a school of hard-line conservatives with a deep military tradition.

Interesting historical tidbit: During WWII, Texas A&M produced more military officers than any of the service academies.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 01:48:38 AM »
Y'all better watch out for LSU this season since that punk Jefferson is gone. The QB position will be much improved.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:04 AM »
Y'all better watch out for LSU this season since that punk Jefferson is gone. The QB position will be much improved.

Thanks to a Georgian. We have one of the best JUCO QB's in the country this season, Bo Wallace. Anxious to see what Freeze does with this team.

Tantal, I knew all that. I'm an admin of a sports board. It's why many of us wanted A&M, the Texas connection aside.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »

Yeah. Somehow I doubt that the preseason #1 is going to be "sneaking up" on people.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:45:13 PM by Tantal »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
From what I've seen, USC is the preseason #1. The media HATES giving credit to the SEC until they just have to. You'll learn. If Auburn, who was undefeated at the time, was allowed to play in the NC years ago, you wouldn't have seen a 55-14 score between USC and OU. Auburn would have easily handled that offense. We do have the record of doing so. The SEC is undefeated in the BCS NC. Correction, we just got our first loss. ....to another SEC team. It's good to have a great offense, REALLY good, but ask Eli Manning how much he loves his DB's, DT's, and DE's at the Giants. In the SEC, we know it's offense that gets you there, but it's defense that wins the championship. You Aggies will adapt, and eventually beat the HELL out of the Tsips consistently. SC did it, Arkansas did it, if you can compete in the SEC, you can compete anywhere. I think Sumlin is young enough of a coach to where adapting won't be a problem. Offense is no problem for you guys. Well, except for protection. As an 8-4 team we got after TT and OSU's QB like it wasn't even funny in the Cotton Bowl. Y'all will probably beat us this year. We have a new coach. You had three consistent powerhouses in the Big-12, Nebraska, OU, and the Tsips and Nebraska had fallen off significantly. We have UGA, Bama, LSU, Florida, Tennessee( they're going through a rough spot due to Lane f'n Kiffin), Auburn, and even Arkie and SC have stepped up. You also get a brand new fan base during post season like you see in no other conference. Unlike Mizzou, you guys don't really need to work at acceptance. If it was UT, I assure you, they would.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
...but you always have your slip ups, like us losing to f'n Jacksonville State or UGA losing to UCF. That shit was pathetic, depressing, and dumbfounded all at once. We barely lost to BYU last year at home. That bothered me. Losing to f'n La Tech? That REALLY bothered me. I think that's the game where people realized Nutt had lost it. He squandered his one year to lose on a grad student from Oregon with one year of eligibility left. That was your f'n year to train a new QB, Nutt!!! Stupid coaching decisions. We have a hometown boy now (Oher's real HS coach in The Blind Side). He's from Senatobia, Ms. And just won the Sunbelt with Arkie State. He got a position with Ole Miss after Oher was recruited, causing all kinds of problems.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »
Most reputable sources that I've seen have put LSU at the top with USC at #2. Virtually everyone has Alabama in the top 5 as well. Scout.com actually had the temerity to put Texas at #5, which is pure, unadulterated, BULLSHIT. How do you put an 8-5 team with no QB at #5? Looks like the 'sips may own Scout, much like ESPN owns the 'sips.

To be honest, if we sweep our out-of-conference games, then beat Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and beat just one out of Arky, Mizzou, Florida, and Auburn, I'll be satisfied. If we go .500 in the last 4 mentioned plus a bowl win, I'll be ecstatic. Given our lack of defensive strength and depth, I've got fairly low expectations for this year. My only hope is that our offense can turn some of these games into a track meet and that we'll catch a few breaks. I know that a NC is out of the question, but I'd be almost as happy to meet Texas in the Cotton Bowl and mudhole those sunzabitches.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
Hell, look at why a conference championship and 12-team conference came from. The SEC. There's a special on ESPN about "the game that changed college football" or something like that.

I watched that. It was about the first conference championship game. I remember people were on pins and needles because it could have been a HUGE bust.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

I saw it. It's the game where Alabama was en route to the national title game, but had to get past Spurrier's Florida squad. They were worried because Florida was ranked much lower but still posed a real threat due to Spurrier's spread offense. Had Florida won, no SEC team would've made it to the title game. Antonio Langham got the pick-6 from Shane Matthews to seal the deal and 'Bama went on to win the title.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »
Well, it's done. The Taco Meat 10 Conference is officially in the rear-view mirror.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtu.be/e91h8Zr3HGc[/youtube]

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »
Welcome aboard. Always thought the Aggies would be a good fit. I seriously did not want Mizzou. UNC would have been a better fit.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
Not knocking you Mizzou fans, I just feel you're a better fit for the B1G and a helluva lot better fit than Nebraska. Nebraska is better suited in a conference with OU, Okis State, KU, KSU, IMO. Those Tsip aholes can become independent. They think they're all that matters anyway.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
Welcome aboard. Always thought the Aggies would be a good fit.
Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, remember that we are the wealthiest school in the league now (oil money, bitches), so, we can afford to hire any coach or AD we want (we've already stolen the 'Cocks' Hyman) and build any facilities we want. We're dead center of the hottest recruiting bed in the entire nation (DFW/Houston/Austin/San Antonio). Now, your argument will be that we're not up to SEC competition yet, and you would be correct. I'll give Sumlin 4 years, then.......get your fvckin' shine box! :-)

Seriously though, stop by Texags.com and hit the SEC board. Lots of good-natured trash talk there.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
Don't know about College Station being the wealthiest. From what I read about your endowment, that's A&M systemwide. It's also about how much of that goes into the football program. The Vols and Bama fans are freakish in giving. Look at Vandy's endowment (3.375B), and that's just for that one school, and look at their little high school stadium.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
BTW, I think Sumlin will do fine with his offense. He probably needs to get a damn good, SEC-minded DC, if he doesn't already have one. We fired one a while back that I thought was a good DC. Offense has never been a problem in the B12, maybe except the line. I'm just hoping this season for us won't be as bad as last. We have a new coach, so who knows. Ole Miss is NOT supposed to be the bottom of the barrel. We've gotten used to being a little above average. The Gamecocks, UK, and Vandy used to be the bottom. Now the Cocks would annihilate us. Our issues have been coaching for the last several years.