Author Topic: Write protected WMA's  (Read 3062 times)

Offline lars1701c

Write protected WMA's
« on: May 06, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
I listen to audio books from graphicaudio.com The deathland series. Well anywho I need to convert them to MP3s but since they are write protected I need converter that can work around the protection. I have wracked google trying to find one does anyone know of a converter that can do that?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline thundley4

Re: Write protected WMA's
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:52:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this program will help, but I know the site is safe and their software is safe.  I don't have any DRM protected files to check  it out on, so can't be sure if it works.

Freeme2 is a program based on famous freeme app created by Beale Screamer and based on viodentias findings. It strips wm-drm protection from wmv/asf/wma files as well as video/audio streams.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeme2/

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »
thanks will check it out  :-)

If i had know about WMA files and Ipods I would have not have bought it.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
It didnt work for some reason it work on my 64bit vista windows

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
It didnt work for some reason it work on my 64bit vista windows

The supplied binary is for win32 ; it could well have problems running under vista

They include the source though you could probably recomplie for win64 ...assuming you have the correct compiler and modules...