Author Topic: If True, What Did Joe Paterno Know?  (Read 71443 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: If True, What Did Joe Paterno Know?
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »
The Daily Beast-Joe Paterno’s Troubling Attitude Toward Sex Charges

Paterno continued to a group of reporters: “Geez. I hope—thank God they don’t knock on my door, because I’d refer them to a couple of other rooms.”

Paterno added later: “That’s nobody’s business but mine. It’s not the fans’ business, and it’s not yours.” No one but Paterno, of course, knows whether what he had been told about Sandusky four years earlier crossed his mind.

Joe Paterno is a pervert.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:14:35 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »
A fish rots from the head down.  'Nuff said.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 02:50:05 PM »
It appears assistant Penn State football coach Mike McQueary is consulting with an attorney with the Harrisburg law firm Strokoff and Cowden.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/mcqueary_hires_harrisburg_firm.html

Seriously?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:48 AM »
All Centre County judges recuse themselves from Sandusky case

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/All-Centre-County-judges-recuse-themselves-from/adCvTpjIbkSWUZVuw4RMTg.cspx?rss=50

"The judges’ recusals are intended to avoid any appearance of conflict of interest due to real or perceived connections to the defendant, the Second Mile charity, or the Pennsylvania State University."
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
It would appear that Mr McQueary has given Pedo State University ex Athletic Director and ex Vice President the ammunition to probably get themselves out of hot water.

Penn State officials go to court in abuse case

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-28/Penn-State-sex-abuse-perjury-hearing/51451554/1

"Lawyers for former athletic director Tim Curley and former senior vice president Gary Schultz are focusing on Michael McQueary's recent statements that appear to contradict grand jury testimony about a 2002 incident in which McQueary allegedly saw Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky rape a 10-year-old boy."
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
Let the lawsuits begin.

New accuser is first to sue Penn State coach

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/30/us-crime-coach-pennstate-idUSTRE7AT21X20111130

C.S. Lewis

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
Center of Penn State Scandal, Sandusky Tells His Own Story
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/sports/ncaafootball/at-center-of-penn-state-scandal-sandusky-tells-his-own-story.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1&hp

Sandusky is clearly showing his true colors.  :mad:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:30:23 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 11:21:14 PM »
Making statements in an interview ain't quite the same as making statements on the witness stand.

On the witness stand, you can go to jail for perjury. In an interview with a journalist? No so much.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
The first witness, Victim 4, makes things a bit difficult for Sandusky and his clueless attorney:

Jerry Sandusky trial's first witness confidently testifies about repeated sexual molestation

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-molestation-trial-victim-1-credible-joe-amendola-.html

C.S. Lewis

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 11:00:04 AM »
Things ain't lookin' good for good ol' Jer.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »
I recall a statement Sandusky made that was about as pathetic as Michael Jackson's cookies and milk, and it's all sweet and innocent.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
I recall a statement Sandusky made that was about as pathetic as Michael Jackson's cookies and milk, and it's all sweet and innocent.
Oh yes, the "men of his generation often showered with the team".  Creepy and absurd.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
Things ain't lookin' good for good ol' Jer.

And his lawyer got his ass handed to him by the first witness.  Yikes...

C.S. Lewis

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 10:29:07 AM »
The judge in the Sandusky trial allows "heresay" testimony of janitor that caught "Jer" molesting a boy in the showers at Penn State:

Janitor's graphic testimony, Bob Costas' telling interview benefit Jerry Sandusky prosecution

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-janitors-costas-interview-sexual-molestation-.html

C.S. Lewis

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »
Court adjourned until Monday after damning testimony of Victim 9:

Jerry Sandusky prosecutors leave the jury to mull a mountain of strong evidence over the weekend

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-prosecution-jurors-strong-case-weekend-alleged-victims.html

C.S. Lewis

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
This guy is toast. He doesn't even have any legs left. The tide has turned.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
This guy is toast. He doesn't even have any legs left. The tide has turned.

Yeah, it's pretty much over.

C.S. Lewis

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »
I know Jerry Sanducky, and I met Joe Paterno on a couple of occasions. I also love Penn State. This whole ordeal just has me gut shot. I would never in a million years thought that Sandusky was like this. Him and his wife have always been nothing but kind and generous every time I talked to them (Of course, it's been years since I talked to him).

When this first came to light, I was saying that I don't want to jump to conclusions until all the facts come in and he gets a fair trial. I also said that I believe one or two victims coming forward, but not ten. Now after seeing the facts and what is coming out; I feel he is pretty much toast also.

His defense team is going to try and use the victims only came forward for money play. I don't think that is going to work for them. This whole thing has put one big scar on the town, the history, and school. It is pathetic, and I am glad they voted the board out. It is going to take a long time for the school to recover from this.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »
Penn State leaders disregarded victims, 'empowered' Sandusky, review finds
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/12/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-investigation/index.html
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
Penn State leaders disregarded victims, 'empowered' Sandusky, review finds
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/12/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-investigation/index.html

I saw that earlier and cried. My beloved University is going to have a hard time coming out of this.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
I saw that earlier and cried. My beloved University is going to have a hard time coming out of this.
A lot of the top sports anchors are saying PSU will never be the same.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
You say that like it's a bad thing.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
If Paterno knew anything--and it looks like he did--it overshadows everything good he ever did. He sure as hell is no hero, if that's the case.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
A lot of the top sports anchors are saying PSU will never be the same.

That is a possibility. But I am trying to look at it optimistically. They could turn this around and become the best university again; as long as they take this to their advantage and use it to correct all the wrong and put in place things that make it impossible to happen again. It will take a while, but it is possible, and has happen before. Then I could just be dreaming  :bawl:

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
PSU used to have one of the classiest big college reputations in the nation. It might take a few generations to get that back.