Author Topic: two questions  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
two questions
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »
first off: starting today, when watching videos on different sites, before i hit [PLAY] i can see the still image of the video. once the video starts it turns green

its got something to do with codecs im sure, but i dont know how to update this crap
current browser: firefox 3.6.32 (i had issues with the newest firefox a while ago so i went to an older version)

my next issue deals with Google
lately when i google something, about every 5th link i click on takes me to an ad site or i get a popup that i am "todays winner" of some bogus bullshit. if i hit the back button and then the same link again, it will direct me to the right site. is this intentional from google, i.e. normal, or do i have some sort of adware issue

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: two questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »
YouTube and YT-type players use Flash.  See if you can download an updated version from Adobe.

Google links:  Sounds like you got some malware or virus.  Update or change your antivirus to Avast or something else.  Also, download and run MalwareBytes if you don't already have it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
Are you using adblock plus with your firefox? I am using firefox 3.6.13
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
ok i found the fix for the green video
in case someone else has this problem,
i had to right click the video and go to settings, UnCheck "enable hardware accelerator", reload page.

now on to the malware issue