Author Topic: Ray Lewis thinks crime will increase with no NFL season  (Read 2590 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ray Lewis thinks crime will increase with no NFL season
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
If anyone should know about crime, . . .

Ray Lewis thinks crime will increase with no NFL season

By Shane Bacon

For all the craziness that is associated with Ray Lewis(notes), the man sure does seem to speak the truth on big issues. The latest one? How the lockout might affect our society as a whole, and what it might do to the nation's crime rate.

No, he isn't just talking about the players. Ray thinks if the lockout continues and there is no NFL season, crime will increase because people will be so distraught without one of their favorite past times.

This all came out from his ESPN interview, and here was exactly what Ray said.

And what did he say?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ray-Lewis-thinks-crime-will-increase-if-NFL-has-?urn=nfl-wp2110

An interesting take on this . . . but if violent crime does go up because of the lockout, what does that say about the society?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Ray Lewis thinks crime will increase with no NFL season
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
An interesting take on this . . . but if violent crime does go up because of the lockout, what does that say about the society?
I'd be more afraid of an NBA strike.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
I'd be more afraid of an NBA strike.

H5.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:14:57 AM »
He is a thug so he knows all about violence and crime.