Author Topic: NFL draft's top quarterbacks  (Read 5201 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
NFL draft's top quarterbacks
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:48:11 PM »
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=760705

NFL draft's top quarterbacks
This is an above-average class with good upside if the young passers continue to develop.

Several top prospects, including seniors Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm amd Andre' Woodson, should be first-round selections - Ryan and Brohm will likely be taken in the top 10.

Passers like Colt Brennan and John David Booty look to impress during the postseason in order to climb into the overall top-50.

Delaware's Joe Flacco is an interesting small-college prospect. He made strides this fall, and could make this a special group - especially if he impresses in all-star action and at the NFL Combine.

2008 NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings

1. Matt Ryan, Boston College, 6-5, 225
This strong-armed senior looks to solidify his rating with a big week at the Senior Bowl.

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville, 6-4, 230
This slick-throwing senior has the skills and ability to become a fine NFL starter.

3. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky, 6-5, 220
This big, athletic senior carried the Wildcats for most of his brilliant career.

4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, 6-2, 200
This record-setter needs a strong postseason to quell the talk of him being a "system QB."

5. John David Booty, Southern Cal, 6-3, 215
This savvy senior had a strong finish after a broken finger set him back at midseason.

6. Joe Flacco, Delaware, 6-6, 235
A strong-armed small college prospect, Flacco looks to impress at the East-West Shrine game to move further up the rankings.

7. Chad Henne, Michigan, 6-2, 233
The talented senior struggled through an injury-riddled final season. His health needs to be addressed in the postseason.

8. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 6-4, 235
This athletic senior was having a strong final season before a shoulder injury ended his career.

9. Erik Ainge, Tennessee, 6-6, 225
A tall, rangy senior, Ainge flashes big play ability at times. However, he has also been prone to turn in some inconsistent performances.

10. Josh Johnson, San Diego, 6-2, 200
Another talented small-college passer, Johnson hopes to increase his visibility and showcase his fine skills in the postseason.

11. Dennis Dixon, Oregon, 6-3, 205
12. Paul Smith, Tulsa, 6-2, 195
13. Alex Brink, Washington State, 6-2, 210
14. Anthony Morelli, Penn State, 6-3, 232
15. Kevin O'Connell, San Diego State, 6-6, 225
16. Ricky Santos, New Hampshire, 6-1, 195
17. Kyle Wright, Miami, 6-4, 220
18. Omar Haugabook, Troy, 6-1, 200
19. Matt Flynn, LSU, 6-2, 230
20. Bernard Morris, Marshall, 6-3, 200
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: NFL draft's top quarterbacks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 09:50:59 PM »
I can't believe Sam Keller is ranked above Paul Smith. He made worse decisions with the ball than former OU QB Eric "Retreat!" Moore and was showed up later in the year by Joe Ganz.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:51:12 PM »
4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, 6-2, 200
This record-setter needs a strong postseason to quell the talk of him being a "system QB."

huh...either this is old or the guy who wrote it didn't get the memo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
At another forum I participate on (FootballsFuture.com), other posters are saying that this isn't a good quarterback class and that none of them will be selected in the top ten.  Great year for RBs, though.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:04:08 AM »
At another forum I participate on (FootballsFuture.com), other posters are saying that this isn't a good quarterback class and that none of them will be selected in the top ten.  Great year for RBs, though.

Matt Ryan, Flacco, Henne, and Flynn are the only ones who have really done anything. Shitty QB class, actually.

Good scouting there, Chris_. :p

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »
Matt Ryan, Flacco, Henne, and Flynn are the only ones who have really done anything. Shitty QB class, actually.

Good scouting there, Chris_. :p

Pretty bad class this year too, Rev.  I swear if the Eagles take Geno Smith at 4, I'm going to punch somebody!  :rant:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
Pfft.  Call me when another class of 1983 rolls around again.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »
Pretty bad class this year too, Rev.  I swear if the Eagles take Geno Smith at 4, I'm going to punch somebody!  :rant:

Well, there's been whispers of getting rid of Vick. I think Foles should start though. They need defense.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
Well, there's been whispers of getting rid of Vick. I think Foles should start though. They need defense.

I was desperately hoping Vick was gone after the season but they decided to keep him  :rant:.  Foles should start so they can find out if he'll be able to fit in to Chip Kelly's new offense.

And, yes, defensive players are key especially since they're switching to a 3-4.
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:32:35 PM »
Pretty bad class this year too, Rev.  I swear if the Eagles take Geno Smith at 4, I'm going to punch somebody!  :rant:

Would it be wrong if I told you how "stimulating" it is to see you talk about football, nj?   :naughty:   :lmao:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:26 AM »
Would it be wrong if I told you how "stimulating" it is to see you talk about football, nj?   :naughty:   :lmao:

Automatic Hi5, and I concur.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:25 AM »

Only 2 weeks til the draft!  Ohhh, baby!  :naughty:  :-)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:51:50 AM by njpines »
Piney Power!!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »
Only 2 weeks til the draft!  Ohhh, baby!  :naughty:  :-)

:hyper:   :rotf:

« Last Edit: Today at 07:51:50 am by njpines »

The mind boggles at the possibilities of what was edited.....   :naughty:   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »
I was desperately hoping Vick was gone after the season but they decided to keep him  :rant:.  Foles should start so they can find out if he'll be able to fit in to Chip Kelly's new offense.

And, yes, defensive players are key especially since they're switching to a 3-4.

I like the way Chip talks football (and I agree with Wasp NJ  :naughty:  :-)), he said he wanted "big guys because big guys beat little guys". Too bad Andy Reid didn't think that way.   :thatsright:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline dixierose

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
I like the way Chip talks football (and I agree with Wasp NJ  :naughty:  :-)), he said he wanted "big guys because big guys beat little guys". Too bad Andy Reid didn't think that way.   :thatsright:

LOL...he found that out first hand when he played those big 'ol SEC boys :-)
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

They'll find out soon enough out in KC
Piney Power!!

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
LOL...he found that out first hand when he played those big 'ol SEC boys :-)

Size does matter!
 :-)
Piney Power!!