Author Topic: File revocery  (Read 2361 times)

Offline ChuckJ

File revocery
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
I've got a problem. I've mistakenly deleted some photos off of my phone. These were in the internal memory. Is there any way to recover them? I'd really like to avoid the 2 hour drive that I'd have to make to retake them.

The phone is an LG enV Touch.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: File revocery
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »
Thanks, but it didn't do it. I can hook the phone to computer and it shows up in Windows Explorer. It just doesn't show up as a drive. It apparently doesn't show up at all in the CardRecovery program.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline kenth

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:27:25 AM »
Try bitpim

http://www.bitpim.org

hmm. Bitpim site seems to be undergoing mods, so you should be able to download it from CNET or some other download site.

Anyway, you connect your phone to your pc, with usb cable I'm assuming, and you should have the drivers loaded. Sounds like you do, since you can see the phone in Explorer. Start up bitpim. In bitpim, you can look at your phone file system. Click down through the file system and look for your photos. I've done it before on an older LG. Looked it up and they may reside in a Filesystem - brew - mod - 10888 directory structure.

Just to clarify, once your phone is connected and bitpim sees it. Click on the "filesystem" object in the first panel. In the second panel, you should see the root folder of your phone filesystem, "/". Click the + sign and drill down looking for the dir structure mentioned above. If those don't exist, then just start looking down through the folders to see if your pics happen to be in another dir. Even when deleted, they don't necessarily "delete" the files right away.

As for the recovery program, it appears some phones only put the sd memory as mass storage, with the internal mem being handled differently. My Kodak camera does the same stupid thing.