Author Topic: NBA gunpoint guards in standoff  (Read 998 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
NBA gunpoint guards in standoff
« on: January 01, 2010, 07:00:14 AM »
Just effin' stoopid (yes, DUmmy lurkers, that was deliberate).

NBA gunpoint guards in standoff

Teammates pull weapons on each other
By PETER VECSEY and DAVID K. L I

Last Updated: 6:06 AM, January 1, 2010

Posted: 2:53 AM, January 1, 2010

EXCLUSIVE
Guess they're still the Bullets at heart.

NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his Washing ton Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned.

League sources say the pistol-packing point guards had heat ers at the ready inside the Verizon Center, the Washington, DC, home of the Wizards -- whose name was changed from the Bullets over gun-violence concerns.

It was the three-time all-star Arenas, 27, who went for his gun first, sources said, drawing on the 22-year-old Crittenton, who quickly brandished a firearm as well.

It was not clear whether other teammates saw the shocking standoff, which happened on a practice day.

This is just jaw-dropping.  They must have hair-triggers over stuff like this (really bad pun, I know).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_gunpoint_R52AnT76DRgTSuVKDQ8XBO#ixzz0bMhg2s8u
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

Re: NBA gunpoint guards in standoff
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 08:10:40 AM »
NBA claims they knew nothing:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_team_hSzEijqYqD45gZL2B78TsK

I love how Arenas thinks this is all a joke - he won't be laughing when he loses his $100 million contract.   Thugs.  Idiots.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: NBA gunpoint guards in standoff
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
Hmm...and the Verizon Center is another one of those "gun-free zones".  ::) Pay $200 for family tickets and get hit by strays courtesy of the "talent".
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi