Author Topic: New Motherboard  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
New Motherboard
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »
A while back, some storms took out one of my motherboards. The storms actually took out all three, but I already have two of them back up and running. I salvaged the processor & RAM. I ordered a replacement motherboard, a refurbished AsRock K7VT4A, that would fit my AMD 1.4 GHz processor (it was $20) That came in, but it didn't work. It wouldn't allow me to set the bus speed properly, get into the BIOS and wouldn't see the RAM at all. I sent it back and they sent an identical replacement. I installed the proc, RAM, vid card, and hooked up a spare ATX power supply I have just to see if it would boot up. This one works like a charm, so far. I need to wait on my AlphaPal 8055FU heat sink and fan and I'll be back to my three desktops. (approx two weeks because it has to come from China) When I get some extra $$$, I'm going to start work on a newer, updated model.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: New Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
My AlphaPal 8055 heat sink and fan finally came in. I hate having to open up my pc and messing with it, but it will be for the best. It will be much more quiet running than the current heat sink and fan combo ( a globalwin FOP38) The heat sink is HUGE, comparatively and mounts through the motherboard.

The alpha pal fan is much quieter than the globalwin fan.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson