Author Topic: Patriots  (Read 6498 times)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Patriots
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
2 TD in 110 seconds with 50 seconds left on the clock to win by 1 against the Bills...Brady is back.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Patriots
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
2 TD in 110 seconds with 50 seconds left on the clock to win by 1 against the Bills...Brady is back.

It means that I don't have to listen to the office 'bat, who is a huge Bills' fan, crow about it this morning.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »
It means that I don't have to listen to the office 'bat, who is a huge Bills' fan, crow about it this morning.

Any time we can help out we will, btw after that game I'd expect most Bills fans to stay home for a few days.
nine eleven is a car

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »
Any time we can help out we will, btw after that game I'd expect most Bills fans to stay home for a few days.

I did have to listen to him bitch and moan about Dick Geron, though.  Said 'bat thinks that Trent Edwards is the Second Coming of Joe Montana.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
I did have to listen to him bitch and moan about Dick Geron, though.  Said 'bat thinks that Trent Edwards is the Second Coming of Joe Montana.

"But Joe would have won that game" is all you have to say...
nine eleven is a car

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
As for this week . . . Let's jsut say that Tedy Bruschi (sp?) and Richard Seymour are gonna be missed, methinks.  I took the Jets in my agency pool.

Chase her.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
As for this week . . . Let's jsut say that Tedy Bruschi (sp?) and Richard Seymour are gonna be missed, methinks.  I took the Jets in my agency pool.

we shall see...
nine eleven is a car

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »

Nah.   I never seen a bigger bunch of chumps run their mouths like these fools have been doing all week. 

You should have taken the Pats.   This one will leave a mark.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 11:50:33 PM »
Nah.   I never seen a bigger bunch of chumps run their mouths like these fools have been doing all week. 

You should have taken the Pats.   This one will leave a mark.

Hate to say it, but I'll take the Jets (plus the points).  They're going to miss Seymour.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 05:55:58 AM »
Hate to say it, but I'll take the Jets (plus the points).  They're going to miss Seymour.

Of course you will -- is that supposed to something different that you normally don't do?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 06:24:01 AM »
This is not the first time Rex Ryan has done Belichick a favor. Late in the almost perfect season of 2007, the (then-11-0) Patriots were poised to lose to the Ravens, but were saved when Baltimore assistant coach Rex Ryan signaled for a timeout just as Brady was stopped on a fourth-down quarterback sneak. The Patriots got a do-over and won the game. Thanks, Rex.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/09/20/jets_bombast_bordering_on_the_ridiculous/

:bow:

We LOVE Rex-loud-mouth-Ryan here in NE. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »
Of course you will -- is that supposed to something different that you normally don't do?

Sure thing, bandwagoner.  BTW--how many season tickets did ya sell in the 90's?

Oh, and Brokeback Brady had a little story to tell about him and Matt Cassel, went something like:

"Matt (Casell) and I fight like teenage girls. We are always slapping each other around and wrestling and slap boxing and [messing] around with each other in the weight room. And so I decided to take that to the next level. And we were messing around in the quarterback room one day and he walked in with a milkshake, and I kind of put my foot by the door, and I kicked the door and the milkshake splashed up and went all over him. So he sat down, and I was laughing. So I said give me the towel, because I wanted to clean up the wall. So I threw the towel at his face, and it had shake all over it. He had a little shake in his mouth and he spit it all over me."

Yes, he REALLY said that.

And finally:

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »
There was a time that Brady would laugh at the blitz as it affected him not.   Today?  words cannot describe how freakin bad he was.   

The only player on the Patriots team who should hang their head in shame is Tom Brady.   

That said, the refs and those upteen million calls against the Pats were just nauseating. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
Sure thing, bandwagoner.  BTW--how many season tickets did ya sell in the 90's?

Uh, bandwagoner?   This from the guy who is a fan for teams that span the Republic?   Yeah.   Riiiight.

The year he bought the team, season ticket sales soared to new heights, eclipsing 40,000 for the first time in franchise history. By the start of his first season, every game was sold out, a feat that had never been accomplished in the franchise's previous 34 seasons. The achievement ensured that local broadcast blackouts would be lifted and every Patriots game, home and away, would be televised throughout New England for the first time in team history. Every game has been sold out since that 1994 season opener. By season's end, the consecutive sellout streak will extend to 169 games.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=mgersexecsbio&bio=547&print=yes

:whatever:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
Ya see, having been a BRONCOS fan since age 7, through good years and bad, I didn't have to worry about local blackouts.

EVER.

Go ahead and laugh--but while you're at it, name the only team with a winning record against the Pats since 2001.

See ya in Week 5.

And oh yeah--Marcia Brady sucks.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
Ya see, having been a BRONCOS fan since age 7, through good years and bad, I didn't have to worry about local blackouts.

EVER.

Go ahead and laugh--but while you're at it, name the only team with a winning record against the Pats since 2001.

See ya in Week 5.

And oh yeah--Marcia Brady sucks.

Marcia Brady does suck, and it doesn't look good for him to get any better in the new future.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »
Marcia Brady does suck, and it doesn't look good for him to get any better in the new future.   

Uh-huh...your quarterback needs a little more Joe Montana, and a little less Hannah Montana.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
Uh-huh...your quarterback needs a little more Joe Montana, and a little less Hannah Montana.

:lmao:

:rotf:   

Of course the homer in me should be saying  :bird:, but the realist in me has to laugh my ass off because 1) that was too damn funny, and 2) toooo damn true.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »
 :cheersmate: From a NYJ fan. :fuelfire:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
:cheersmate: From a NYJ fan. :fuelfire:

Yeah I will be looking for them in the playoffs........

Not.    :evillaugh:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 05:15:33 PM »

Yeah I will be looking for them in the playoffs........

Not.    :evillaugh:

I won`t predict or guess after week 2 but so far Bills have looked as good as anyone in the division.
One play and they are 2-0 and the Pats easily 0-2.
The Fish are questionable but at this point last season they would have been written off too.

New England isn`t going to be awarded the division just because so they need to get serious about things.
Do I think the Jets will make the playoffs...I think they have a chance if they play as hard on defense as they have and don`t suffer any major injuries.
I will still give odds that the Pats will win the division but a couple more lackluster performances and that invinciblity factor goes away.
Players are human and it affects them.
Remember the 49s with Montana...you knew when he had the ball and the game was on the line at the end you had lost and it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
I won`t predict or guess after week 2 but so far Bills have looked as good as anyone in the division.
One play and they are 2-0 and the Pats easily 0-2.

One play and the Jets lose yesterday.  Goes both ways.   They were playing at home too.   

The Fish are questionable but at this point last season they would have been written off too.

New England isn`t going to be awarded the division just because so they need to get serious about things.
Do I think the Jets will make the playoffs...I think they have a chance if they play as hard on defense as they have and don`t suffer any major injuries.
I will still give odds that the Pats will win the division but a couple more lackluster performances and that invinciblity factor goes away.
Players are human and it affects them.
Remember the 49s with Montana...you knew when he had the ball and the game was on the line at the end you had lost and it became a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Pats will win the division, but it will be an ugly year for sure -- wins willl be close.    We've been there before.

Brady needs to pull it together though, but if he doesn't BB will find a way to work around him.  Always finds a way.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »
Gotta love the Pats hate, for years we had a very popular but ridiculously overrated QB (Bleedsoe). Out of the blue we get a great QB who happens to be a nobody and ohmygoshthepatriotsarecrecrap. Brady's beat every team in nearly every configuration they can throw at him, and with a little tweaking he'll beat 'em again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:32:02 PM by RightCoast »
nine eleven is a car

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »
I am glad my team played hard and well in two games that probably by all accounts they should have lost.
They may end up 2-14 or have one of their patented late season collapses but for today I am happy with their efforts and hope everyone can say the same about their favorite team. :)