Author Topic: primitive women go gynaecological  (Read 2363 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Re: primitive women go gynaecological
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »
It will only get worse with Obama in charge of healthcare.  :-)

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
I've never had a C-section, but I have had abdominal surgery twice, and I can't understand how anyone would think surgery would be preferable to childbirth! With both of my surgeries, it was weeks before I even started to feel normal. Both times, the recovery was wretched.

After my first surgery I had to wear a back brace just to straighten up. When the brace was off, to shower or whatever, the natural tendency was to just curl up over the incision. Walking from the parking lot into a store was a daunting task. It was months before I could lie on my stomach. The incision even affected how deeply I could breathe.

All in all, no thank you to a C-section! I'd squirt them out the way nature intended every time!

I had actually been planning on pushing her out, but my water broke and after 12 hours of hard labor, I was at 4cm and the doctor was like...I'll let you go if you want, but it's your call. So, I agreed to have the section.

Because the baby was so jaundiced when they released us, we had to go get her blood drawn every day for a week-so I was up and walking around daily for a good while. What really hurt was that they left the staples in for longer than normal because I was released before the weekend (having them out the day I left was too soon) and they were irritating my skin. That was the worst part. I could tolerate the feeling of my guts falling out, but the pinching of my skin? Yoweeeeeee.

It was no picnic, but I had a lot less post-delivery bleeding than my friends who had the baby the ol' fashioned way, and a lot less cramping and internal pain. I'm all for less bleeding from the ladybits.

(And FYI, it's weird to have #2 after a C-section as well...brief moment of panic because you're afraid that you'll bust your incision open or your uterus will fall into the toilet! Been there!)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
I think this is a case of the prims being behind the news.  As far back as 1983 research was that a tear appeared to heal better than the cut.

Which just goes to show one should never take medical advice from a DUmmie.  They might have up to date knowledge for 1976 but the world as moved on since then.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey