Author Topic: Tiger's back!  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Flame

Tiger's back!
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
Teeing off in the Accenture Match play tourny in a few minutes.  Must say, I've been loving the commercials playing the last week or so, saying "He's back".

Offline Sweet Dee

Re: Tiger's back!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
I'm watching!!  :)  I'm still riding my P-Mick high from last weekend though ;)  lol  Should be a great tourney!

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
my youngest is DYING to golf this summer.  He is SOOO excited over being able to watch Tiger.  I'm not sure how to react to this.  In case you all don't know, we are so NOT the country club type.  This summer could prove interesti :ong....
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:24 PM »
my youngest is DYING to golf this summer.  He is SOOO excited over being able to watch Tiger.  I'm not sure how to react to this.  In case you all don't know, we are so NOT the country club type.  This summer could prove interesti :ong....

That is so cool!!  Golf rocks.  Keep us updated on how he does :)  I bet he'll love it!

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
My youngest started golfing when he was 3...hacking on a par 3 course in the town we lived in.  He hasn't played in a couple years, though he asks every year if he can.  I wish I could afford golf.  He's pretty good at it.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »
That is so cool!!  Golf rocks.  Keep us updated on how he does :)  I bet he'll love it!

I will!  I'm kind of excited to see him so into something.  Not like he hasn't been before but this is kind of new to me.  ;-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:48 PM »
Anybody thinking another Green Jacket?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Anybody thinking another Green Jacket?

I really think anything's possible with that guy. lol  :)  Crazy things happen at the Masters!  I'm already looking forward to it. 

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He still would have to play at least 5 more rounds until Sunday and his competition isn't exactly having a glory round today. Still, he looks like he's not having joint trouble...right now. Around 110 holes in 5 days will wear on you, though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:11:37 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:07 AM »
It would be crazy to bet against it.

Maybe one could find a DUchebag to do that!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:01 AM »
Tiger wins 3-and-2, and I get to see Sergio go down in flames again.  Doesn't get any better than that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
Tim Clark eliminates Tiger 4 & 2.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:08:58 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
I don't pay any attention to golf, but my respect for Tiger just went up considerably.  He chose not to give into the adoration of the 0Bama on inauguration day and instead paid tribute to the military. Hi5 for Tiger. 

By Tiger Woods
Editor's note: Below is the speech Tiger Woods gave on Sunday, Jan. 18, at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. during the festivities for the presidential inauguration. It was originally printed on www.tigerwoods.com.

I grew up in a military family -- and my role models in life were my Mom and Dad, Lt. Colonel Earl Woods.

My dad was a Special Forces operator and many nights friends would visit our home. They represented every branch of service, and every rank. In my Dad, and in those guests, I saw first hand the dedication and commitment of those who serve. They come from every walk of life. From every part of our country. Time and again, across generations, they have defended our safety in the dark of night and far from home.

Each day -- and particularly on this historic day -- we honor the men and women in uniform who serve our country and protect our freedom. They travel to the dangerous corners of the world, and we must remember that for every person who is in uniform, there are families who wait for them to come home safely.

I am honored that the military is such an important part, not just of my personal life, but of my professional life as well. The golf tournament we do each year here in Washington is a testament to those unsung heroes. I am the son of a man who dedicated his life to his country, family and the military, and I am a better person for it.

In the summer of 1864, Abraham Lincoln, the man whose memorial we stand, spoke to the 164th Ohio Regiment and said:

"I am greatly obliged to you, and to all who have come forward at the call of their country."

Just as they have stood tall for our country -- we must always stand by and support the men and women in uniform and their families.

Thank you, and it is now my pleasure to introduce the U.S. Naval Glee Club.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »
He may be a Democrat, but he's a Democrat who "gets it".  Hats off to him.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »
He may be a Democrat, but he's a Democrat who "gets it".  Hats off to him.

Those are a dying breed.