Author Topic: NFL Playoffs - Sat. 1/10  (Read 29069 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: NFL Playoffs - Sat. 1/10
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 06:23:09 AM »
Arizona is still in this?  Who the heck saw that coming?

Ravens beat the Titans.   I do believe it's the Raven's year my friends.   Scoobie -- how sweet would that be if the Ravens beat the Eagles in the SB? 

:cheersmate:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »
I think that the home teams will come through today.  Next Sunday should see the Cardinals in a really cccooolllddd Giants Stadium, and the Ravens should be making their last stand in Heinz Field.  Steelers and Giants in Tampa.

Eli doesn't like the cold either....     and he won't have to worry about it next week as he will be watching it from home getting a lap dance from his trash wife while he licks oreos (he is in training with Peyton for the big SB oreo competition with the Williams sisters). 

Since when does Jets fans root for the Giants?    Isn't that sacrilegious in the football world? 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »
I think that the home teams will come through today.  Next Sunday should see the Cardinals in a really cccooolllddd Giants Stadium, and the Ravens should be making their last stand in Heinz Field.  Steelers and Giants in Tampa.

Nope.  This is the year of the underdog.  Every team with a first-round bye gets smoked.  I want all five guys on Fox to call it for the G-men, just like they called it for Carolina ( :lmao: ), then sit back and wait for the egg to land. :cheersmate:

Eagles-Ravens Superbowl:  Birds of Prey vs. Birds of Ghey.   :p

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
Nope.  This is the year of the underdog.  Every team with a first-round bye gets smoked.  I want all five guys on Fox to call it for the G-men, just like they called it for Carolina ( :lmao: ), then sit back and wait for the egg to land. :cheersmate:

Eagles-Ravens Superbowl:  Birds of Prey vs. Birds of Ghey.   :p

You all know that Red's wife is a die-hard Ravens' fan right?

:popcorn:

(:fuelfire:)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 09:21:52 AM »
good heavens.  if the well armed. freakish happens, and the cards win the super bowl, I am reassured by the fact that you are well armed.

Christ, have you SEEN the prices for ammo in Arizona lately?  I went to Cabela's with my father when I was in Phoenix.  They want double and triple the going price for 12-gauge, assuming you can even FIND any 00-buck.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jendf

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
Christ, have you SEEN the prices for ammo in Arizona lately?  I went to Cabela's with my father when I was in Phoenix.  They want double and triple the going price for 12-gauge, assuming you can even FIND any 00-buck.

I haven't bought ammo since Obama has been elected. I'm kind of afraid to see what it's all going for. I stocked up at a gun show about a year ago and then my dad gave me a couple extra boxes of .38 specials that he didn't want anymore (sold a gun). So I have a nice supply should football celebrations or Obama's stimulus plan get out of hand.  :-)

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »
2 picks Eli?    tsk, tsk.

Eagles move on.   The Giants choke.   

It's all good people.    :cheersmate:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »

As a Jets fan (I have learned to suffer)....yes it is! :cheersmate:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

Hard to tell them apart isn't it? 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »

I think AZ is much more worried now than had it gone the other way.

There is something about Philly that worries everyone.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
Freaken Eagles D kicked ass if not for Mcslabs INTs and safety the would have only like 3 points

They are all going to pick the cards now. I hope the Eagles go in and smoke them  :cheersmate:
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
The way the Steelers are going, it could be an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
The way the Steelers are going, it could be an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

AA is red hot and continue to confound.  But for this game, you have to admit SOMEONE is playing up to expectations.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »
AA is red hot and continue to confound.  But for this game, you have to admit SOMEONE is playing up to expectations.

Who or what is AA?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Chris_

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »
Who or what is AA?
Mistyped "AZ" *doh*

Offline jendf

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 09:59:27 PM »
Cards game sold out in six minutes. The bandwagon doth overfloweth now.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2009, 04:29:28 AM »
Steelers were the only bye-week team to make it to the conference championship round, in either conference.  Remember when it was said that the extra week off helped the tewam with the bye?  Not so sure about that now.  Eagles-Cards oughta be a doozy, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 05:20:56 AM »
Steelers were the only bye-week team to make it to the conference championship round, in either conference.  Remember when it was said that the extra week off helped the tewam with the bye?  Not so sure about that now.  Eagles-Cards oughta be a doozy, too.

It's more home field advantage than a bye week that helps the team.  What happened this year is that pretty much every single team sucks on a huge level.

The Raven's defense will take them to the SB, and will probably win it for them.   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:30 AM »
Cards game sold out in six minutes. The bandwagon doth overfloweth now.
Do you have to check your gun at the gate?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »
It's more home field advantage than a bye week that helps the team.  What happened this year is that pretty much every single team sucks on a huge level.

The Raven's defense will take them to the SB, and will probably win it for them.   

It'll be a defensive struggle, no doubt.

Chase her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
The NFL got screwed this weekend.  The Cardinals are the turd in the punchbowl, and the only team with any real viewership beyond their region is the Steelers.  If the Cards get in the SB, who cares?  It's the Cards.  The Eagles playing the Ravens would create a lot of excitement in the 90 miles between the two cities, and the Steelers playing the Eagles is the Pennsylvania Bowl.

:yawn:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:20 AM »
I think AZ is much more worried now than had it gone the other way.

There is something about Philly that worries everyone.

It's been said Philadelphia teams have to score early in order to take their own crowd out of the game.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »

Anyone know the injury report on that defense? (not yet updated at the usual sites)  :(
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:02 AM »
Arizona is still in this?  Who the heck saw that coming?

Ravens beat the Titans.   I do believe it's the Raven's year my friends.   Scoobie -- how sweet would that be if the Ravens beat the Eagles in the SB? 

:cheersmate:

:cheerleader: RAVENS :cheerleader:

(they're gonna have a tough time with the Steelers, though....)

Assuming they get past 'em though, I see another Ravens Superbowl win....the Iggles don't have a chance against them.

:fuelfire:

(love ya' honey. :-*)
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.