Author Topic: NFL Playoffs - Sat. 1/10  (Read 29068 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: NFL Playoffs - Sat. 1/10
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »
this is a slaughter.  the seats were empty in the background on that FG.  even the folks in charlotte have left.

Offline jendf

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
that may be, but I am sure that it runs better right side up, and not on fire. :-)

Meh. In a week, I may not need the car to go to work anyway.  *simultaneously laughs, then cries*

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »

- Arizona down early. Can they make a game of it?

Well. I've been regreting that line for a couple hours now.  :rotf:

Even as I ran around town doing stuff and only had the game on the radio I hated the idea of that line being out there in the interwebs, lol. Anyway, I did return and stuff myself with pizza too boot. Way to go Cards! Glad one team from the NFC West could put on a good showing.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 10:12:46 PM »
The Cardinals radio guys are darn near stunned speechless. Not good for radio.  :lmao:

I only wish your play by play baseball guy got similarly speechless.  the guy screams on pop flies, for God's sake. :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
this is a slaughter.  the seats were empty in the background on that FG.  even the folks in charlotte have left.
This was pretty bad -- in a good way.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 10:13:40 PM »
Meh. In a week, I may not need the car to go to work anyway.  *simultaneously laughs, then cries*

that was funny, but only in a morbid way, baby :wink:

Offline jendf

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »
Well. I've been regreting that line for a couple hours now.  :rotf:

Even as I ran around town doing stuff and only had the game on the radio I hated the idea of that line being out there in the interwebs, lol. Anyway, I did return and stuff myself with pizza too boot. Way to go Cards! Glad one team from the NFC West could put on a good showing.

Yeah, that first 4 minutes looked like the Cardinals I grew up with.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »

the cardinals that I grew up with were in St. Louis. :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »

Well H5 for your Cards tonight. Hope they win a few more. (I got no dogs in this playoff fight so here's to the underdogs!)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline jendf

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:46 PM »
the cardinals that I grew up with were in St. Louis. :-)

Yeah, you're old.  :-*

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:57 PM »
Well H5 for your Cards tonight. Hope they win a few more. (I got no dogs in this playoff fight so here's to the underdogs!)

the dogs are cleaning up so far.

Offline jendf

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »

They will surely be the underdogs next week. If they show up like they have been so far in the playoffs, it will be entertaining!

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »
Yeah, you're old.  :-*

yep.  I fart dust.

Offline jendf

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
Uh oh! They are coming back. 50 seconds is plenty of time for the Cards to blow it.  :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 10:23:26 PM »
and that's a wrap.  congrats to the cards for knocking off the #2 seed in the NFC.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »
they did it on the ground;  150 yards to 75.  and ToP was insane;  40 to 20 minutes.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.  At least TN didn't screw the pooch like they usually do.

Not bad for a ten-year-old football team.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.  At least TN didn't screw the pooch like they usually do.

Not bad for a ten-year-old football team.

Not bad at all. My Seahawks took nearly 30 years to get to the Superbowl. (where they promptly screwed the pooch)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »
Not bad at all. My Seahawks took nearly 30 years to get to the Superbowl. (where they promptly screwed the pooch)

Hass should be back next year.  the seahawks should be a good team next year, although the loss of holmgren could be unpredictable.

Offline jendf

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »
It's New Year's Eve all over again. People are shooting off fireworks and their guns. Ah, the Wild West.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »
Hass should be back next year.  the seahawks should be a good team next year, although the loss of holmgren could be unpredictable.

I think they will be OK too. It was all I could do not to write them off on losing 6 WR's in the first quarter of the season, lol. Hass is good and if he has someone to throw too, even better. Walter Jones is HOF bound but sadly past his prime. I think if they draft or pick up a WR or two and help the O-line, Mora will get the defense back up to snuff. The run game showed some signs of life for the first time in years, hope the keep it.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
It's New Year's Eve all over again. People are shooting off fireworks and their guns. Ah, the Wild West.  :-)

good heavens.  if the well armed. freakish happens, and the cards win the super bowl, I am reassured by the fact that you are well armed.

Offline jendf

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 11:08:54 PM »
good heavens.  if the well armed. freakish happens, and the cards win the super bowl, I am reassured by the fact that you are well armed.

Yup!  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 11:18:51 PM »
Yup!  :-)

I clearly had an edit problem in that last post.  we are getting a delay here that I will look into.  but heaven protect the celebrator that crosses you, jen. :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 05:03:27 AM »
I think that the home teams will come through today.  Next Sunday should see the Cardinals in a really cccooolllddd Giants Stadium, and the Ravens should be making their last stand in Heinz Field.  Steelers and Giants in Tampa.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.