Current Events > Blogs

The Angry Capitalist's Blog

<< < (2/4) > >>

Atomic Lib Smasher:

--- Quote from: The Angry Capitalist on December 01, 2008, 12:44:06 PM ---Yes... would love to know what you think.....

--- End quote ---

I took a look at one of the posts, but that's all I got time for now.... but ya do seem like a helluva writer. Do ya blog daily or weekly or just whenever? Hard to come across good blogs on BLogspot anyways, and I do like yours.

I'm starting a new blog (conservativedominion.blogspot.com, BTW) and I barely got time to even change the template on it with working and doing other things, so if I can blog weekly, it's good.

The Angry Capitalist:
THANKS FOR THE LOOK AND THE COMPLEMENT. I TRY TO BLOG DAILY, IF I CAN. ILL CHECK OUT YOURS AND POST A LINK WHEN I GET TIME.

The Angry Capitalist:
On the Virtue and Vice of Envy

Man’s life can be summed up as the never ending desire to fulfill certain basic needs. As I am sure that the majority of my readers are familiar with Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, I will not waste my time in recalling all of the various nuances involved when discussing these motivating factors. It shall suffice to say that man is driven by want, in his most elemental form he is compelled to quench his desires by the means at his disposal, weather it be industriousness or villainy. This yearning to calm this insatiable beast that forever hounds mankind lends itself to frustration, in part to it’s never pull on the soul of mankind. The end result of this frustration manifests itself in that emotion all too common to man, envy. Much has been written about envy and the power it possesses over man; its ability to blind one out of lust or its effect on everyday social relationships. Yes, envy is listed amongst Christianity’s seven deadly sins and universally condemned by religious institutions of all denominations for its adverse affect on the human spirit, but that is not our purpose here, although the negative affects of envy we shall most assuredly discuss in a moment. The purpose of this discussion is to not only to touch upon the negative affects of envy on man, and they are legion, but the power it possesses to motivate man to strive towards a better existence.

More At:
http://www.hostileopposition.blogspot.com

edited to correct url.....

The Angry Capitalist:
As man is subservient to the will, it is only natural for men of a higher intellectual stripe to gravitate towards a social structure that offers him the greatest opportunity to satisfy his needs with the least amount of effort expended. On the other hand, the dullard will gravitate to a structure that requires the least amount of effort to be expended, regardless of whether or not it satisfies his desires, simply because it the path of least resistance. It is for this reason we find that men who are bound to a collectivist system, regardless of magnitude, are often beset by the dissatisfaction and resentment resulting from their inability to satisfy that most fundamental of human compulsions. This is especially true of the enlightened man as he is particularly susceptible to the ills brought on by the inability to fulfill the latent desires found in man. Capitalism feeds the desires of the will for it allows man to fulfill his destiny, as he perceives it, through the exercise of his own free will, without the demands or responsibilities placed upon him by his fellow man. Free from these artificial demands man is free to either succeed or fail, owing his ultimate fate not to the actions of other men, but through the actions of himself and himself alone. This is the truest example of individual freedom that exists in the world today for it bestows the responsibility for mans success on his accomplishments and removes the contrived links that binds the fate one man to that of other men.

More At:

The Angry Capitalist:
If one were to listen solely to members of that treacherous lot of imbeciles comprising the journalist class in America one could easily reach the conclusion that the distressing economic state that currently exists is the end result of unfettered capitalism. Oh how they revel in their dire predictions of future calamity at the hands of those of us who continue profess belief in the capitalist system. They explicitly lie and obfuscate in order to progress their, here to for, hidden agenda of oppression; preying openly on those amongst us who possess not the intellect to recognize their malicious intent, and willingly consume their tripe. Make no mistake; their aim is to completely remake society in their image by overturning the centuries of progress mankind has made towards the hope of achieving true individual freedom, and supplanting it with a dream of a false paradise. To this end they employ unscrupulous means by which they dispatch with all personal morality and instead turn reality upon its ear by spreading the lie that all of our misery lie at the feet of the existing order. If it were not for their cunning and rapaciousness they should most certainly be called fools. For what they unknowingly peruse are not the utopian dreams of an egalitarian society but a horrendous nightmare of slavery, poverty, and suffering.

more at:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version