Author Topic: Red October's Official "I Hate the Cowboys" Thread  (Read 15460 times)

Offline Scoobie

Re: Red October's Official "I Hate the Cowboys" Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
Red is that your little guy in your avatar?

What are you saying, FL....Ravens rule the roost in our house. C'mon, now.     :fuelfire: 

(Ian's here )
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »
My husband went to the game last night, he sat in the 5th row on about the 30 yard line. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 01:03:19 PM »
My husband went to the game last night, he sat in the 5th row on about the 30 yard line. 

Man, Texas Stadium is an armpit -- I was there in 2006 and it was so badly maintained you would have thought it was in Lower Fort Worth.

The new stadium, which I have been watching being built on a weekly basis when I fly in (if we loop in from the east), looks great.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »

What are you saying, FL....Ravens rule the roost in our house. C'mon, now.     :fuelfire: 

(Ian's here )

BAHAHA.   That's right -- my bad!!!   

They are both too cute!! 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »

My boss and her husband were there last night too.

Man, Texas Stadium is an armpit -- I was there in 2006 and it was so badly maintained you would have thought it was in Lower Fort Worth.

The new stadium, which I have been watching being built on a weekly basis when I fly in (if we loop in from the east), looks great.

I live just a couple of miles from the new stadium.  Obviously I drive by it every day, but it's still impressive how fast it seems that it's going up.  It's going to be really nice.  Too bad I'll be too poor to ever afford to actually buy tickets and see a game there in person. 

And where's WE?  He hates the Cowboys as well Red October.   Not me, my daddy raised me on Cowboys football every Sunday. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »

Nope.  I googled him.  I was looking for Eagles fans with bags over their heads.  I figured that wouldn't be too hard to find. 

But when I saw this little guy, I said "YES!  I have found my new avatar."  :-) 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
Well Red,

If it is any consolation, the Packers are going to pimpslap the Brokeback Mount-me-boyz next Sunday.

Payback for last year's game.   

I'm hoping that KBG or Aaron Kampman make Romo's day as miserable as possible.

I think Rodgers has looked outstanding so far.  I'm really pulling for him to do well (even though he isn't black  :p ) after the way he was treated.  With the media circus and the fans taking a dump on him though he did nothing wrong, and all he does is come out delivering wins.  Where have I seen that story unfold before?  :popcorn: :uhsure:

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

:tool: :tool: :tool: :tool: :tool: :tool:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »
:leghump:  "Oh Tony!  You're God's gift to quarterbacking!  You're so awesome, the way you fumble the ball in the endzone and on field-goal snaps... Tony, you're my man!  Oh, Tony!  You'll win a playoff game one of these years!  I believe in you Tony!"

^ every football analyst in the country

Hmmm, sounds like a certain other quarterback about five years ago.  One who, curiously, has yet to win a Super Bowl.  Just like the franchise he plays for. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
I was working/staying in the DFW area when Quincy Carter was QB.

Red, you would have loved it.   

Don't you ever say those words in my presence again.  "Quincy Carter". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Hey, Red, tell us how you really feel!    :-)

(ps...I've been a Cowboys fan since way back....with Ed Too Tall Jones, Tony Dorsett, Staubach etc.)

... not that I'm upset, or anything  :-)   It's just a game, I keep telling myself...   :cheersmate:

If I were a Cowboys fan, Marion Barber would be my favorite player.  That man's a bull.  He took over in the 2nd half an we had no answer for him.

the guy that nabbed my attention this year is Felix Jones...dude's got some wheels!   
Heh, how 'bout that dooooofus who dropped the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.   :rotf:  :fuelfire:

OMG that was bad.  Hey, if he doesn't want the TD on his record, Westbrook will take it.  Hopefully that'll wake him up a little and teach him that T.O./Chad Johnson crap shouldn't be emulated.

Too bad the defenders didn't pick up on what happened -- that was a live ball and could have been picked up and run back.

I was watching in Mexico and the idiot local announcers talk over the refs -- what was the erason Philly got the ball back?  I assume because they still had possession when the play was whistled dead.

It was just like what happened in the Broncos-Chargers game the other day- the ball was blown dead, therefore the play was over regardless of what happened afterward.

Martin Luther

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
:leghump:  "Oh Tony!  You're God's gift to quarterbacking!  You're so awesome, the way you fumble the ball in the endzone and on field-goal snaps... Tony, you're my man!  Oh, Tony!  You'll win a playoff game one of these years!  I believe in you Tony!"

Hmmm, sounds like a certain other quarterback about five years ago.  One who, curiously, has yet to win a Super Bowl.  Just like the franchise he plays for. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Will you be one of the one's crying along with T.O. when Romo costs you yet another season?   :lmao:  "Tony is **sniff** **sniff** MY QUARTERBACK!  **wipes tears from eye**"  

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »

(Ian's here )

Hon... the Cowboys may be able to survive a shootout with us, but we're gonna KILL Baltimore.   :p  Just so ya know.   :-*

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »

Will you be one of the one's crying along with T.O. when Romo costs you yet another season?   :lmao:  "Tony is **sniff** **sniff** MY QUARTERBACK!  **wipes tears from eye**"  

Nope, I'll be celebrating as Romo holds the franchise's sixth Lombardi Trophy aloft.  Again, how many times has any Eagles player, let alone McNabb, ever held that trophy?

Martin Luther

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Nope, I'll be celebrating as Romo holds the franchise's sixth Lombardi Trophy aloft.  Again, how many times has any Eagles player, let alone McNabb, ever held that trophy?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  When the Cowboys have some playoff success THIS century, then you call me out. 

And of course, on the *ahem* "off chance" Tony Romo doesn't deliver, I'm sure Michael Vick will be happy to be the next man in the long line of thugs to work for Jerry Jones.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »

(Ian's here )

Hon... the Cowboys may be able to survive a shootout with us, but we're gonna KILL Baltimore.   :p  Just so ya know.   :-*

:yack:   Uh huh.  Keep dreamin', sweetchops. You're so cute when you're off in your little fantasy world.   :-*

( I wish we had a gazillion dollars so we could buy tix to that game.  :bawl:)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:48:34 PM by Scoobie »
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  When the Cowboys have some playoff success THIS century, then you call me out. 

And of course, on the *ahem* "off chance" Tony Romo doesn't deliver, I'm sure Michael Vick will be happy to be the next man in the long line of thugs to work for Jerry Jones.

I can understand why you're jealous.  All those trophies.  A quarterback who is actually talented.  Receivers who save their showboating until after they score a touchdown.  I'd be jealous, too.

Martin Luther

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »

(Ian's here )

:yack:   Uh huh.  Keep dreamin', sweetchops. You're so cute when you're off in your little fantasy world.   :-*

( I wish we had a gazillion dollars so we could buy tix to that game.  :bawl:)

Bargain-basement tix are only $110 a seat on StubHub.  C'mon, that's a steal!  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
I'm not too concerned with who wins as long as the Dolts and Squealers lose every Sunday.   :fuelfire:   :bolt:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »

1) I don't think McNabb's stomach could handle an actual win in the SB;

2) That was funny as hell Red -- I missed that post.   :lmao:

3) Pretty boy Eli is the media darling now anyway.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »

Nope, I'll be celebrating as Romo holds the franchise's sixth Lombardi Trophy aloft.  

:rotf:

Memories.... light the corners of my mind.... misty water colored memories......

This
decade please people.   Is that too much to ask?   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
Hey, Red, tell us how you really feel!    :-)

(ps...I've been a Cowboys fan since way back....with Ed Too Tall Jones, Tony Dorsett, Staubach etc.)

... not that I'm upset, or anything  :-)   It's just a game, I keep telling myself...   :cheersmate:

If I were a Cowboys fan, Marion Barber would be my favorite player.  That man's a bull.  He took over in the 2nd half an we had no answer for him.

the guy that nabbed my attention this year is Felix Jones...dude's got some wheels!   
Heh, how 'bout that dooooofus who dropped the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.   :rotf:  :fuelfire:

OMG that was bad.  Hey, if he doesn't want the TD on his record, Westbrook will take it.  Hopefully that'll wake him up a little and teach him that T.O./Chad Johnson crap shouldn't be emulated.

Too bad the defenders didn't pick up on what happened -- that was a live ball and could have been picked up and run back.

I was watching in Mexico and the idiot local announcers talk over the refs -- what was the erason Philly got the ball back?  I assume because they still had possession when the play was whistled dead.

It was just like what happened in the Broncos-Chargers game the other day- the ball was blown dead, therefore the play was over regardless of what happened afterward.

I had a feeling that was what happened.  It is a stupid rule that favors the stupid-play-maker. I will give better than 50/50 that the Rules Committee will look at this at season's end.

The rule should be that a fumble in the field of play that is blown dead before recovery by either team should go to the OPPONENT at the dead ball spot.

Otherwise the opponent is penalized by a ref mistake.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 07:52:59 PM »

Don't you just love hearing the talking heads comparing Romo to Brady?  The young man has a loooong way to go before that comparison is warrented, I would think.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:58:14 PM by Red October »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
o

Don't you just love hearing the talking heads comparing Romo to Brady?  The young man has a loooong way to go before that comparison is warrented, I would think.

:lmao:

In his dreams. 

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 07:43:24 AM »
By the way, if I'm Brian Westbrook, I send all chiropractor bills to the rookie from Cal. Seeing Westbrook stretched out on the massage table after (painfully) cleaning up the rookie's mess should chasten Jackson more than any film-room scolding.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080917_Sam_Donnellon__Good_outweighs_bad_in_Eagles_loss_to_Cowboys.html

Yet another honor roll student joins the NFL.   :-)