Author Topic: Prince William's godmother resigns honorary royal role after allegation of racis  (Read 399 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217430600
Star Member CatWoman (77,718 posts)

Prince William's godmother resigns honorary royal role after allegation of racism

You do NOT touch a black person's hair without permission.

Buckingham Palace said Wednesday that an honorary member of the household has resigned after making "unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments" to a Black guest.

"The individual concerned would like to express her profound apologies for the hurt caused and has stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect," the palace said, without naming the person.

Mandu Reid, the leader of the British Women's Equality Party, who witnessed the exchange, on Thursday identified the person as 83-year-old Lady Susan Hussey, Prince William's godmother and a lady-in-waiting for the late Queen Elizabeth II.

Ngozi Fulani, the head of Sistah Space, a charity that supports victims of domestic abuse, alleged in a tweet that the household member repeatedly pressed her for information about her nationality.

Soooo many questions! 1. What's the point of wearing a nametag if you have it covered by your hair?2. If an elderly lady, whose hearing may be less than good, can't understand your mumbled answer to her question about her name, shouldn't you expect her to want to read your nametag? 3. If you have an unpronounceable name that is CLEARLY not British, is it unreasonable to assume you are from "elsewhere?" 4. Shouldn't even a self-important, entitled snowflake cut some slack to an 83-year old woman? 5. Racism? Really? 6. Can't snowflakes EVER just let something go?

Offline Delmar

The woman says that, while the rest of the event was a blur, she recalls the uncomfortably lengthy conversation with Lady SH with PC Intern level verbatim transcript detail.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Dblhaul

This total conversation = WTF?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.