Author Topic: The Money-Grubbing Leeches - Inheritance Outrage (Continued)  (Read 1067 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
The Money-Grubbing Leeches - Inheritance Outrage (Continued)
« on: December 03, 2022, 09:26:30 AM »
Ah, the latest update.
In the last episode, this DUmpass was outraged that her father-inlaw was giving the family home to his wife in his will. The family home was the place where her husband grew up and meant so much to him. the outrage!
Well, father-inlaw explains to his son that he can have a bunch of money instead.  It's all good now!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217428736

Fri Dec 2, 2022, 08:32 PM
PA_jen (1,024 posts)

UPDATE: My Thanksgiving shock
original thread:

https://democraticunderground.com/100217411862

My Stepmother-in-law told me that she was getting my husband's childhood home instead of my Husband when his father pass (hopefully 30 years from now. I do not want to wish the man dead in any sense.)

My Husband was able to talk to his Dad and yes, the Stepmother in law is getting the home but in exchange Husband gets more money.

The father always intended his children-now that 2 have passed away- Husband would inherit the house as well and the estate (money and other assets) being divided equally between Husband and Stepmom. Stepmom wore him down and kept demanding the house so while he was updating the will since the last sibling's death, he gave in but in exchange she had to agree on less money.

We don't know how much the house or estate will be nor do we want to know. His Dad did tell husband that what he is leaving him Husband and I can get a nicer home than the family home. He can get a newer home have it paid off and still have the money for retirement and if he budgets wisely, we won't have to worry about finances. We can set it up like he has it set up as a supplement to our income thru our lives.

Husband wanted the house but is okay with this deal. Husband primarily is happy because someday we can get into a better home than what we are living in now. Someday we will more than likely donate our current house to Habitat for Humanity so they can fix it up properly and give it to a family in need.

I am the one who is being the bitch in a sense. Between the Stepmother speaking ill of the dead and her demand for this house I really want nothing to do with her. I think she knows she shouldn't have said anything until Father-in-Law talked to Husband and keeps trying to do things with me. I tell her I am busy. This gloat and demand of my husband's childhood home just turns my stomach. I know I need to be nice and keep the peace, but it is becoming harder and harder. Any suggestions?

Thank you all for the support and dealing with my whining.

Well, DUmmy... the mans will is none of your damned business. He wants to ensure that his WIFE has a place to live in the event of his demise, a commendable move in my opinion. Our parents owe us NOTHING. They sacrificed a lot rearing us, and if anything, we should be paying them during their golden years.
I asked my parents for two things, and two things only. Photos (So I can scan them and return at minimum), and my father and grandfathers guns. These things have little monetary value, but mean a lot to me. I don't want their money, I want it spent on them to make their last years comfortable.
So piss off with the greed. It makes me all the more disgusted with you.

Offline RuralNc

Re: The Money-Grubbing Leeches - Inheritance Outrage (Continued)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
Words escape me.

The level of arrogance and entitlement on display is breath taking.  :(

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »
Words escape me.

The level of arrogance and entitlement on display is breath taking par for the course when dealing with/talking about/having anything to do with Leftist Scum:(

:whatever:

Fixt 'er for ya, my friend... :cheers1:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 10:30:00 AM »
My parents did not have much to pass to us so no big deal.  My MIL has a nice home and a tidy amount she got from selling late FIL's shop.

Wife and I have been clear to her (she's 90): die BROKE! Use your $ on YOU! We don't want amything.  We buikt our lives and dotge up.

NO ONE owes their kids anything beyond a good upbringing that creates the ability to build a secure and honerable life.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 10:32:52 AM »
My parents did not have much to pass to us so no big deal.  My MIL has a nice home and a tidy amount she got from selling late FIL's shop.

Wife and I have been clear to her (she's 90): die BROKE! Use your $ on YOU! We don't want amything.  We buikt our lives and dotge up.

NO ONE owes their kids anything beyond a good upbringing that creates the ability to build a secure and honerable life.

Amen. We told my dad about the same when he passed on.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 10:48:22 AM »

In my case, there is only myself and my sister. It's a standard thing, the son wants the family firearms, the girl wants the wedding bands or whatnot... girl stuff.
fortunately, neither one of us are interested in money or property, and we most certainly aren't interested in arguing over any of it. I've already told my parents that if there is anything left when they go, give it to the sister since she needs it way more than I ever would. But I already know that in the end, I'm going to wind up with a bunch more property and an endless pile of old farm equipment.
I think about this stuff, old plows or combine heads sitting out in the weeds, rusting away. I'll have to get rid of it all, but no matter, it'll hurt. every single piece of that rust was a part of my life with my dad. It's not going to be easy for me. I get pretty choked up thinking about when the day comes that forces me to cope with it all. We are all pretty close. Who they give their stuff to is the last thing I'm interested in thinking about. Even thinking about that would make me feel dirty.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »
This story, if true, encapsulates all of a DUchebag DUmmy. They are greedy, lazy, and want what other people have... no demand to have others hard work. What a Cee You Next Tuesday.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 11:03:49 AM »
My DUmmy sister and her DUmmy husband bought a mcmansion years ago. The place bankrupted them. They (and their kids) moved into his dad's house. Apparently he was getting into constant arguments with the dad and were forced to move into my parents basement. They have done nothing to improve their situation and it's clear that they're just waiting out my parents. It's disgusting,  they have considerable power over the decision making now and we refuse to go visit there anymore. It's a cesspool of greed and graft that my kids will not be exposed to it.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 11:11:00 AM »
My DUmmy sister and her DUmmy husband bought a mcmansion years ago. The place bankrupted them. They (and their kids) moved into his dad's house. Apparently he was getting into constant arguments with the dad and were forced to move into my parents basement. They have done nothing to improve their situation and it's clear that they're just waiting out my parents. It's disgusting,  they have considerable power over the decision making now and we refuse to go visit there anymore. It's a cesspool of greed and graft that my kids will not be exposed to it.

Sorry to hear that. I've seen this crap so many times (I'm sure we all have), it makes me praise my fortune in having the family that I do. Well, at least my immediate family. We've seen this sort of thing in the outer branches of the family, siblings going to lawyer war over inheritance. It really is a shame to witness it. The worst was a multi-year battle over what amounted to around 5K acres of ground. There was a will in place to cover it too, they just all decided they knew better what to do with the mans property than he did. Sad stuff.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 11:23:37 AM »
I almost spat out what I was eating when I saw the comment about wanting nothing to do with the grandmother because she had spoken badly about the deceased.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 11:30:20 AM »
I almost spat out what I was eating when I saw the comment about wanting nothing to do with the grandmother because she had spoken badly about the deceased.

Hypocrisy is a staple of the left-world.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 11:58:32 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I've seen this crap so many times (I'm sure we all have), it makes me praise my fortune in having the family that I do. Well, at least my immediate family. We've seen this sort of thing in the outer branches of the family, siblings going to lawyer war over inheritance. It really is a shame to witness it. The worst was a multi-year battle over what amounted to around 5K acres of ground. There was a will in place to cover it too, they just all decided they knew better what to do with the mans property than he did. Sad stuff.
It's all so obvious,  but they do no wrong in my mom's eyes. A few years ago, the BIL convinced them to split their property (not in his benefit at all, of course) and are now paying astronomical property taxes to show for it.

I'm sure that 5k acres has been squandered at this point.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2022, 12:57:32 AM »
Typical DUmbOcrat, free chit they feel entitled to.   I'm making sure no wayward democrat voter in family gets what is left of the 401 that biden has raped.  ESAD and FO democrat filth. 

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2022, 09:13:46 AM »

I'd argue, that in addition to that, particularly in this day and age, parents owe their children a thorough understanding of the world around them as it is, to innoculate them against certain cults which pollute the modern landscape...the trans cult, the non-binary cult, the climate cult, and so on.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2022, 11:14:57 AM »
I'd argue, that in addition to that, particularly in this day and age, parents owe their children a thorough understanding of the world around them as it is, to innoculate them against certain cults which pollute the modern landscape...the trans cult, the non-binary cult, the climate cult, and so on.
I'm happy that mine are fiercely independent,  have strong work ethics and how to manage  money. Everything else will just have to shake out

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 10:10:44 PM »
My Stepmother-in-law told me that she was getting my husband's childhood home instead of my Husband when his father pass (hopefully 30 years from now. I do not want to wish the man dead in any sense.)

Is this satire, lurking DUmbasses? From what I'm reading your husband's childhood home? She and his father are living in, you know, because it's the FATHER'S home, now also the MIL. What's she supposed to do, be on the damn street? He married her. He raised your husband and sent him off to be a man on his own. That is her house now.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 08:04:01 AM »
Is this satire, lurking DUmbasses? From what I'm reading your husband's childhood home? She and his father are living in, you know, because it's the FATHER'S home, now also the MIL. What's she supposed to do, be on the damn street? He married her. He raised your husband and sent him off to be a man on his own. That is her house now.

:hi5: And I suspect the DUmmie would answer, "Yes!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 03:04:33 PM »
Hopefully there's a clause in the will that, if anyone contests it, they get nothing.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2022, 04:55:51 PM »
 My father left his children in pretty good shape, but I'd give it all away to have one more day fishing with him. Those were some of the best days in my life.  :)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2022, 07:54:36 PM »
My father left his children in pretty good shape, but I'd give it all away to have one more day fishing with him. Those were some of the best days in my life.  :)

Heartful H5
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2022, 08:17:39 PM »
Heartful H5

I'll second that. I was very close to my dad as well.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2022, 10:07:02 PM »

Agreed. I miss my dad every day.