Author Topic: Why I joined DU in 2005 - AWW, A heartwarming tale!  (Read 200 times)

Offline RuralNc

Why I joined DU in 2005 - AWW, A heartwarming tale!
« on: December 02, 2022, 04:41:42 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217425706

Drum (7,739 posts)

Why I joined DU in 2005

(Edited for accuracy)

Yes, I know, that’s only 7000 or so posts from me in 17 years, overwhelming “replies.” 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was Hurricane Katrina. I was going nuts because I couldn’t find news on what was happening in New Orleans, a place dear to me from a serial work gig that took me there numerous times in the late 1980s.

I then happened on Democratic Underground and it was sense-at-first-sight: DU presented as (and is) a clearinghouse for a super-diverse band of news media sources, but also a source of news via witnesses, court and agency records, editorials, and of course emotion, wit, snark, and so much love.

Drum/Tom

I dont know why this moron felt the need to post, but hey, whatever.

So, the DUmp is supposedly made up of the most diverse new sources. Uh huh.  :whatever:

Emotion? Yeah, yeah. Theres plenty of emotion at the DUmp.

W_HAMILTON (5,987 posts)

11. I joined because I was becoming much more politically aware in my young life...

...and happened to be watching C-SPAN and a caller mentioned this website. I checked it out and it's been one of my go-to websites for almost two decades now...

You never know what little gesture may impact people and cause a butterfly effect.

What? I didnt know C-SPAN had call ins. Who in the hell is so bored they are willing to call into C-SPAN?

Greywing (1,113 posts)

48. I joined in 2011 because I was looking for like minded people

I mostly lurk as so many people have already expressed the views I hold by the time I read ... it's wonderful!

Like minded peeps? Eh? So youre a Crack-Pot-Dim-Witted-Conspiracy-Theorist-on-the-lunatic-fringe-of-The-Dems? If so, you have found Nirvana.