Author Topic: A question about Musk and Twitter in particular and business debt in general  (Read 228 times)

Online CC27

dsc (51,470 posts)

A question about Musk and Twitter in particular and business debt in general

I have heard commentators posit that Musk is purposely trying to make Twitter crater in value so that he can buy up his own debt the value of which would also supposedly fall. That is where I am lost. I owe about 200k on my house, I fail to see how having my house drop in value to 50k makes me able to buy my mortgage for a lesser amount. What am I missing?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217424090

You owe 200K on your house? What a moron you are. Must be a government backed loan because they know you will not pay.  :whatever:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:48:01 PM by CC27 »

Offline SVPete

With Twitter usage growing in the US and having a truce with Apple, I think the Prog Commentariat[i/] has a problem with their premise that Twitter is "cratering". As with Prog boycotts of Wendy's, CfA, Hobby Lobby, and My Pillow, I don't think Twitter is going to crash and burn as Progs hope will happen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RuralNc

Ok lurking Morons, im going to help you out.

In the case put forth, because Musk leveraged his own wealth, there is no advantage.

If on the other hand, lets say Tesla bought Twitter, it works. Because Musk is a person, that is separate from the business entity. The value plummets (of Twitter) and Musk (the person) swoops in to buy up whats left for pennys on the dollar, from his own personal assets.. Thats about the only way it could possibly work.

A whole lot of things could go seriously wrong with such a stunt.

Offline ADsOutburst

What am I missing?

That the commentators you listen to are idiots.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Every time I see a post like this, and look at the biden economy, I am glad as hell that everything is paid for.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.