Author Topic: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs  (Read 8237 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: My fundraiser for emergency medical expenses and repairs
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2022, 10:39:07 PM »
.....get real help.

Based upon all that I'm seeing about disability claims, I suspect Matt has only one Entity Who can save him.

God.

It would be good if Matt joined a church, in which case he would find real help.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2022, 10:40:56 PM »
Based upon all that I'm seeing about disability claims, I suspect Matt has only one Entity Who can save him.

God.

It would be good if Matt joined a church.

Best advice anyone could give, Frank.
Too bad DUmmies are allergic to all things good and just.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2022, 04:33:06 PM »
Here we go....  :whatever:

Well, they ran him out of General Discussion and now he has re-posted his scam in The Lounge.
He's changing his tone as he goes along. I suspect he's in a panic having blown his cash cow.
Let's see how this one goes...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181689143

Thu Jul 28, 2022, 01:17 PM
Star Member mvd (64,235 posts)

Continuation of my fundraiser thread
Had a long discussion in GD where I talked about getting help now and also getting suggestions for the future where I do not have to ask again. Budgeting help, services, and long term planning have all been discussed. I had a lot of medical expenses and repairs to the house. But I also have a large overdraft from before that has left me and my mom with only $270 for the whole month. So I made my goal to reflect that. I greatly appreciate all the help given both with donations and advice. My mom and I have to turn this around. Here is the link to my fundraiser:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-with-medical-expenses-and-repairs

Link to old thread:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=16899096

Response to mvd (Reply #3)Thu Jul 28, 2022, 02:25 PM
Star Member XanaDUer2 (5,488 posts)

4. No, not "could"

It IS useful. Glad you looked at the site, but it's time for a deep dive into it.

Response to XanaDUer2 (Reply #4)Thu Jul 28, 2022, 03:02 PM
Star Member mvd (64,235 posts)

7. You're right
Mom is really bad today but that is all the more reason to get help now.

Response to mvd (Original post)Thu Jul 28, 2022, 02:34 PM
Star Member 2naSalit (61,040 posts)

5. Hmmm...

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2022, 05:09:16 PM »
Baggies (189 posts)

6. Best to you

I gave a couple of weeks ago and I plan on helping again.

Here’s hoping you get ever penny you need from DUers. It’ll be a sure sign that this community truly cares; because they do.

:lmao:

Oh, I bet Matt, if that is even his real name is going to be a-ok.

But heres my question, if anyone has the answer. Since MVD keeps changing the goal amount, how does he get the pay out? Can he just withdraw the funds as they come in? Or does he have to wait till goal?

Im cunfused and mixed on this one. If you have to wait till the goal is met, and he keeps upping it, then his scam is running a risk. A serious risk.

Anyone know?

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2022, 05:13:58 PM »
Never mind, I found the answer to my above question. Directly from GFM:

How do I withdraw funds from my fundraiser?
Once your GoFundMe starts receiving online donations, you can easily request a withdrawal at any time. Withdrawing money does not affect the progress meter displayed on your fundraiser. Simply click ‘Withdraw’ while logged into your account and follow the instructions. You can withdraw your balance directly to your bank account. Bank transfers take 2-5 business days to arrive.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2022, 05:21:28 PM »
So heres what happened, earlier today.  :popcorn:

mvd (64,238 posts)

298. I'm very low this month, so I will have to ask some more

It doesn’t even have to be to the goal. Every little bit helps. I now realize that while I wasn’t exactly buying luxury TVs, there are things I can improve in our budget. And there is assistance available that I had no idea of. So while I have been embarrassed having to make this thread, in the long run it will be good for me.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2022, 06:25:18 PM »
Never mind, I found the answer to my above question. Directly from GFM:

So.....gofundme allows withdrawals without deducting them from the amount raised.

Matty Boy risks a $600 overdraft by getting that out of the bank and sending it to gofundme.  After which $600 is credited to his goal.  Then he withdraws it, or even more, to put it back into the bank.  But the $600 isn't subtracted from the amount raised.

That's probably the same thing he did with the $120 donation.

The boy might as well give it up.  He's destroyed his credibility with the primitives, it's going to be an eternity before his application for social security disability is rejected, and even more beyond that, that his appeal of the judgement will be rejected.....by which time Matty Boy will be 60 years old.

He might as well go out and get a job, as he doesn't appear to be inclined to ask God to show him the way.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2022, 06:34:37 PM »
So.....gofundme allows withdrawals without deducting them from the amount raised.

Matty Boy risks a $600 overdraft by getting that out of the bank and sending it to gofundme.  After which $600 is credited to his goal.  Then he withdraws it, or even more, to put it back into the bank.  But the $600 isn't subtracted from the amount raised.

That's probably the same thing he did with the $120 donation.

The boy might as well give it up.  He's destroyed his credibility with the primitives, it's going to be an eternity before his application for social security disability is rejected, and even more beyond that, that his appeal of the judgement will be rejected.....by which time Matty Boy will be 60 years old.

He might as well go out and get a job, as he doesn't appear to be inclined to ask God to show him the way.

Sounds like playing a shell game.

Meanwhile, if Matt is real, and I mean genuinely a real person, he strikes me as the kind that would leave his moms corpse on the living room couch, with the View turned on, so the check keeps coming in every month.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2022, 02:32:47 AM »
There's also an update on the G.F.M. page:

Today
by Matthew DuBois, Organiser
Only $270 left for this month in my bank account and another water disconnection notice is coming. I hate to beg but this is an emergency and mom is still having huge anxiety issues

Surely even he can see that this one is a lost cause now. The scam worked well for a while, but now it's run its course - time to find another way to scrounge money of folk, or alternatively get a job and find both money and self-respect.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2022, 05:52:00 AM »

Surely even he can see that this one is a lost cause now. The scam worked well for a while, but now it's run its course - time to find another way to scrounge money of folk, or alternatively get a job and find both money and self-respect.

Money, yes. Self-respect? Thats going to take a while.  :-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2022, 06:42:57 AM »

He keeps saying “for the month”, but this month is all but gone!  If I couldn’t make $270 last through this weekend I’d give up.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2022, 07:42:31 AM »
So while I have been embarrassed having to make this thread, in the long run it will be good for me.

Ummm, he makes it sound as if this exercise is spiritually uplifting and intellectually edifying.  Something noble for the soul. 

I could never ask anybody for money, not even family.  I even cringed applying for a HELOC. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2022, 08:05:37 AM »
He's getting burned on the new thread too.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2022, 08:26:22 AM »
He's getting burned on the new thread too.

Yeah, and now he’s poking the hive.  :rotf:

I’m waiting for the big reveal when he tells them all he made all that shit up and he’s really a conservative who has been scamming them for the whole year then thanks them for his new boat.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »
mvd (64,244 posts)

13. Looks like another water disconnection notice is coming tomorrow?

That’s strange because I avoided a shutoff recently. Anyway this shows how important getting at least to the goal is right now.

Didn't he say he paid the water bill with the money they donated? :confused:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2022, 08:41:05 AM »

Yeah, and now he’s poking the hive.  :rotf:

I’m waiting for the big reveal when he tells them all he made all that shit up and he’s really a conservative who has been scamming them for the whole year then thanks them for his new boat. All the donations to mega MAGA candidates.  :-)

KC

FIFY  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2022, 08:52:35 AM »

*Stolen

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2022, 08:59:42 AM »
mvd (64,244 posts)

13. Looks like another water disconnection notice is coming tomorrow?

That’s strange because I avoided a shutoff recently. Anyway this shows how important getting at least to the goal is right now.

There has never been a water bill past due, it just wants to make an extra payment on its new truck.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2022, 09:02:39 AM »
I'd demand he open it and take a pic of the entire bill. They donated money to help him pay his water bill. It should have been paid with the donated money. Who's to say this isn't just a regular bill?

Show it, MVD. My guess is it's either a regular bill or the original past due amount and he pissed away the other money donated.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2022, 09:39:09 AM »
mvd (64,244 posts)

92. Thank you, DU!

I have reached my goal. I really did not want this situation to happen again. The advice is just as valuable. I will cherish both the donations and advice.

Yep, he posted this on the original on July 9th stating he met his goal (power and water). The bump up request was for the overdraft. So..........why is he getting a water shutoff notice again?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2022, 09:58:52 AM »
Yep, he posted this on the original on July 9th stating he met his goal (power and water). The bump up request was for the overdraft. So..........why is he getting a water shutoff notice again?

Celebration weed.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2022, 11:35:58 AM »
If the MVD beg-at-thon ever comes to an end, im going to feel at a loss.  :p

I think we need to do everything possible to keep him thinking that donations could still roll in. Maybe time to sow some seeds.  :popcorn:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2022, 12:02:50 PM »
If the MVD beg-at-thon ever comes to an end, im going to feel at a loss.  :p

I think we need to do everything possible to keep him thinking that donations could still roll in. Maybe time to sow some seeds.  :popcorn:

Uh huh.  This thread's already seven pages; we need to make a goal of attaining at least ten.

There's a lot of lurking primitives reading this thread, and it's a great chance to illuminate them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2022, 12:26:04 PM »
Uh huh.  This thread's already seven pages; we need to make a goal of attaining at least ten.

There's a lot of lurking primitives reading this thread, and it's a great chance to illuminate them.

I don't think there is more than a handful of them with the capacity to BE illuminated.
I say let them go wild and give all of their cash to the con artist.  I've been getting laughs out of this for a couple of weeks now.
The more cash he escapes with, the DUmber they look...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2022, 03:39:10 PM »
mvd (64,245 posts)

You both made me feel better. The relative is an aunt of mine. Not good politically and she’s weird, but any family that can be in touch could help us. She gave money when my dad had cancer, but she doesn’t usually do that.

Basically, the one who has her shit together is a Republican.