Current Events > The DUmpster

Stabbing a British Parliamentarian...must be Trump

(1/3) > >>

Aristotelian:
One of the truly good-guys in British politics was stabbed and killed while meeting with constituents yesterday, the news makes it onto the DUmp:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142813466

--- Quote from: SoCalNative (4,550 posts) ---Tory MP Sir David Amess dies after stabbing

Source: BBC News

Conservative MP Sir David Amess has died after being stabbed at his constituency surgery in Essex.

Police said a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the stabbing in Leigh-on-Sea.

They said they recovered a knife and were not looking for anyone else in connection to the incident.

Sir David, 69, had been an MP since 1983 and was married with five children.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58930593
--- End quote ---

So far so good, only reporting of facts...the first reply:

--- Quote from: question everything (41,642 posts) ---1. We export too many things
--- End quote ---

The very first thing that's said, is that this is the fault of America (for which read, real America, Republican America, certainly not liberal America).

--- Quote from: Doodley (7,921 posts) ---9. The anger, the hate, the division, the influence of Trump around the world.
--- End quote ---

Even more specific - it must be Trump. There's no other possible explanation, no other source of violence...

--- Quote from: Jilly_in_VA (3,297 posts) ---11. I am halfway expecting

similar to start happening here, given the level of political rhetoric on the right. Not to mention the amount of crazies out there. Look at Gabby Giffords, after all.
--- End quote ---

Note again, the assumption that this is all about how wicked the right is.

To be fair, there are a few who know what things are like over here and who call our the knee-jerk reaction - but plenty who are blind to everything other than their hatred of America and Republicans.

For clarification, the deceased (R.I.P.) was a member of the Conservative Party, a Catholic (and a proper one, not a Pres. Biden one), campaigned for pro-life issues, and appears to have been killed by a Somali immigrant (I wonder what this man's religion is...).

Their hatred is shredding their insides - including their already drug-addled brains.

thundley4:

--- Quote ---Quote from: question everything (41,642 posts)
1. We export too many things
--- End quote ---

Damn straight. Violence and hate always comes from the Democrats in the US, at least 99.999% of the time.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote ---Quote from: Jilly_in_VA (3,297 posts)
11. I am halfway expecting

similar to start happening here, given the level of political rhetoric on the right. Not to mention the amount of crazies out there. Look at Gabby Giffords, after all.
--- End quote ---

Steve Scalise says hello

landofconfusion80:

--- Quote from: DLR Pyro on October 16, 2021, 09:59:45 AM ---Steve Scalise says hello

--- End quote ---
Rand Paul is not amused.

SVPete:

--- Quote ---Jilly_in_VA (3,297 posts)

11. I am halfway expecting

similar to start happening here, given the level of political rhetoric on the right. Not to mention the amount of crazies out there. Look at Gabby Giffords Steve Scalise and Rand Paul, after all.
--- End quote ---

FIFY. Much as DUpipo would deny it, Scalise and Paul were assaulted by Progs who acted on political hatred. Giffords' shooter, OTOH, was a fruitcake obsessed with her and incapable of coherent political thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version