Current Events > The DUmpster

My company just announced a vaccine mandate

(1/2) > >>

CC27:

--- Quote --- Johnny2X2X (11,842 posts)

December 8th is the date you must be vaccinated to continue employment here. We have 56,000 US employees.

I work for an Engineering firm, lots of really smart people. I am in aerospace, some of the leading minds in the industry share my office. I know of a couple who are going to quit over this. Propaganda works on smart people too. Always has. Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.

I am relieved to see this, but it's just sad to me that good people will be quitting over something like this, this should not be something that is even controversial.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215953207
--- End quote ---

Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.  :rotf: Sounds like DUmmies - the smart part.

67 Rover:

--- Quote ---Johnny2X2X (11,842 posts)

December 8th is the date you must be vaccinated to continue employment here. We have 56,000 US employees.

I work for an Engineering firm, lots of really smart people. I am in aerospace, some of the leading minds in the industry share my office. I know of a couple who are going to quit over this. Propaganda works on smart people too. Always has. Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.

--- End quote ---

Do they need a vaccination card? Just asking. :-)

FunkyZero:

--- Quote from: CC27 on October 15, 2021, 01:54:06 PM ---Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.  :rotf: Sounds like DUmmies - the smart part.

--- End quote ---

The reason we are witnessing this is because come Dec 8th, those "couple that are going to quit" won't do it.
Nowhere near enough people are willing to make the stand. When it comes down to the moment, almost all cave in and comply.
I mean really, FFS... I went to the dentist today and had to wear a F*&^% mask when i walked from the desk to the chair... at the DENTIST.
This shi* is out of hand, the stupid has prevailed. When they asked me when I wanted my next appointment, I told them to call me when they stopped the mask thing.

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: CC27 on October 15, 2021, 01:54:06 PM ---Smart, analytical people can be fooled into letting their emotions dictate their course of action too.  :rotf: Sounds like DUmmies - the smart part.

--- End quote ---

People who deliver coffee to those smart analytical people even moreso.

DLR Pyro:

--- Quote from: FunkyZero on October 15, 2021, 02:44:48 PM ---The reason we are witnessing this is because come Dec 8th, those "couple that are going to quit" won't do it.
Nowhere near enough people are willing to make the stand. When it comes down to the moment, almost all cave in and comply.
I mean really, FFS... I went to the dentist today and had to wear a F*&^% mask when i walked from the desk to the chair... at the DENTIST.
This shi* is out of hand, the stupid has prevailed. When they asked me when I wanted my next appointment, I told them to call me when they stopped the mask thing.

--- End quote ---

I had to get a covid test on Wednesday for a minor medical procedure I had today.  Kaiser has  drive thru stay in your car testing. 

When I pulled up to the test station one of the workers took my paper work and asked if I had a mask.  I replied that I did. After a minute she came back and told me a tester would be by to test me shortly and again asked if I has a mask.  I said yes and she asked me to put it on.  Remember. Thus is a drive thru test site and I'm in my truck.  I started putting on my mask when the tester arrived at my driver's window and told me to take off the mask I was in the process of putting on so she can swab my throat and nose.  After the swabbing  was complaining was free to go. 

This mask shit is getting ridiculous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version