Author Topic: How was your past week?  (Read 777 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
How was your past week?
« on: June 12, 2021, 10:58:48 AM »
Thank goodness it's the weekend again, when we can just relax & let it all hang out. ...

Well, not literally. that is.  :-)

Ours was more like a rollercoaster, some good, some not so good.

Had an intrusion of little outdoor beasties up here in the wooded mountains of north Georgia, and is  not even summer yet!!!

On a more serious note ... but also a part of life during this pandemic, I suppose ...

My brother's wife has just left him. Was a shock to me.  They live in Canada where the lockdown has been far worse than here.

Enough of this!

Life is good if you don't weaken!  Am about to have Mr. ABC's pancakes, bacon, and blueberries for brunch.  See ya!

Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: How was your past week?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
Ouch. As Mrs. E is Number #3 in my life, I can relate to this pain. It ain't fun, and I don't wish it on anyone.

But thumbs up to the blueberries. God intended for blueberries to be inserted into pancakes. And pancakes shall NEVER be prepared without bacon. And real, honest-to-God maple syrup. None of that Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth's crap.

Uh...add sausage gravy. Nobody makes it like do, and that is most definitely a GOOD thing. Make note of that, ABC.

On biscuits.

Oh, God, don't get me started. I'm already hungry as I haven't had breakfast and I've been up since 0400.

Sincere best wishes to your brother. Canada is a misguided country, led by idiots. One should remember that.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 10:40:44 AM »
Thanks Eupher re my brother.  I don't know what else to say to him since hearing about it, and think it best to leave him alone at the moment. 

On a brighter note ...

Have been watching closely, Biden's trip overseas with all the rest of the G7 morons  (my opinion anyway) and both he and Trudeau are something else to behold!

Can't wait until Wednesday, when poor old senior puppet Joe meets with Putin. Not the best for our country, I know ...

But should be interesting to see Putin "eat his lunch!"  :-)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
Oh mercy!  Am back in my own thread again. *most-embarrassing-blush*

Life is so frustrating for me at my end at the moment, living in this crazy-assed world of ours.

But am happy to have found a new hero ...   :-)

To give me hope once again. And his name is Trey Gowdy!!!

His talk on a "Reason For Optimism" tonight on FNC.

I do my best to keep Mr. ABC's & my, little corner of the world on an even keel, but it gets difficult at times. His appt. to see his urologist  re his bladder cancer is coming up soon & I hope and pray he is still keeping it at bay.

So, go Mr. Gowdy go!  Love ya! :blowkiss:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 08:10:25 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks Eupher re my brother.  I don't know what else to say to him since hearing about it, and think it best to leave him alone at the moment. 

On a brighter note ...

Have been watching closely, Biden's trip overseas with all the rest of the G7 morons  (my opinion anyway) and both he and Trudeau are something else to behold!

Can't wait until Wednesday, when poor old senior puppet Joe meets with Putin. Not the best for our country, I know ...

But should be interesting to see Putin "eat his lunch!"  :-)

I have never been confident that the G7, or G8, or G9, or whatever it is this week actually accomplishes anything other than these:
  • Spend taxpayer money in transportation, billeting, and security costs - we're talking MILLIONS here
  • Tax local law enforcement with all manner of crap in dealing with the hoity-toity while they primp, preen, and posture for the cameras
  • Pump untold millions of Euros or UK pounds into a location that doesn't need it
  • Piss off the local populace due to BS traffic snarls and other crap that they wouldn't otherwise have to deal with
  • Illustrate just how senile Joe Biden really is and how far gone he is - an embarrassment to us all

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »
Oh mercy!  Am back in my own thread again. *most-embarrassing-blush*

Life is so frustrating for me at my end at the moment, living in this crazy-assed world of ours.

But am happy to have found a new hero ...   :-)

To give me hope once again. And his name is Trey Gowdy!!!

His talk on a "Reason For Optimism" tonight on FNC.

I do my best to keep Mr. ABC's & my, little corner of the world on an even keel, but it gets difficult at times. His appt. to see his urologist  re his bladder cancer is coming up soon & I hope and pray he is still keeping it at bay.

So, go Mr. Gowdy go!  Love ya! :blowkiss:

One thing I appreciated about Trey Gowdy -- he realized just how far screwed up the House of Representatives really is (even during the time when the Republicans controlled it) - and bailed out. He did the smart thing and went to the money -- a private law firm in SC. He's earning double or triple what he did as a Congressman.